Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Three reasons why I don't want Blackpool to go up:

1) Holloway

2) Holloway

3) Holloway

If West Ham don't go up then they'll be right up there again next season' date=' whereas Blackpool aren't likely to be challenging for the title. Come on you Hammers...[/quote']

agree 100%

that is possibly the best thing you have ever wrote

How about this gem about pulling birds at the nightclub. :D:D:D

"We'll take her home anyway." Priceless. :D

fJB3-vEKQDc

He's a brilliant character! Even some of the most die hard Preston fans love him. He did bring something special to the premiership :D

I would love to see Holloway's Blackpool back in the Prem, the top flight needs characters like him who tell it straight! :D

Plus they are a darn sight more exciting to watch than West Ham, with some really decent youngsters like Ince and Phillips who deserve a crack at the EPL.

I would love to see Holloway's Blackpool back in the Prem' date=' the top flight needs characters like him who tell it straight! :D

Plus they are a darn sight more exciting to watch than West Ham, with some really decent youngsters like Ince and Phillips who deserve a crack at the EPL.[/quote']

And it would be nice to see the elder Phillips have another crack at scoring in the top flight. He will be 39 if Blackpool get through.

and how old will he be if they don't? ;)

He will be 38, and will be slightly irked by losing at the very least. :P

No, but I would like to see him again. I have memories of his past exploits in the PL. :) I do hope Blackpool do it.

Victory for tradition, history & identity. :D

So many sub plots emerging though. Heard they want to pull out of the club now.

Thinking of it with a rational head, deep down I wouldn't have minded us playing in red, however, to take away the badge & the nickname is quite a few steps over the line and I'm glad to see that they have realised it would have done more harm than good.

Obviously happy with the outcome of recent events... although this couldnt be much more of a damming statement

"We have continued along this path until the end of the current season, but the club inevitably now faces bold and real world decisions should we want to see the club survive.

"As romantic and simplistic a notion as it may seem, maintaining our current course without growth or change, is not, and cannot be, an option."

This was the problem i did see occuring... would you sell your soul to stave off the threat of potential administration? I guess we'll see how this one plays out...

Although this obviouslly is a good thing for the club, it's not neccesarilly the best thing for the club. This pretty much confirms that the Malaysian owners intentions were indeed for this to happen, which hadn't been confirmed previously. More importantly though it could result in Vincent Tan leaving Cardiff, as he's not happy with the amount of money being lost by the club. If he were to leave, it would cripple the club, not only would they not have a rich owners to handle there current £70 million debt but Tan would call his investment 'loan' to be repaid. All the above isn't neccesarily going to be the case, it's just me speculating of course, but if Tan were to leave Cardiff, they'd be in a nightmare situation.

Obviously happy with the outcome of recent events... although this couldnt be much more of a damming statement

This was the problem i did see occuring... would you sell your soul to stave off the threat of potential administration? I guess we'll see how this one plays out...

It's a tough one mate. Myself, I wouldn't sell my soul but I'm sure there are many who would disagree with me. I'd rather know it is still us and be playing in league 2 than being in the prem having changed almost everything about us to get there.

It's a tough one mate. Myself' date=' I wouldn't sell my soul but I'm sure there are many who would disagree with me. I'd rather know it is still us and be playing in league 2 than being in the prem having changed almost everything about us to get there.[/quote']

Yehh i get it from your end.. i suppose being older though and supporting our boys through the dark ages and the depths of the lower leagues im not sure if i could be okay with all our progress going down the pan.. personally i think id take the hit and turn red and other changes if it meant the sustainability of the club to be perfectly honest.. make of that what you will.

Bolton or QPR

and

Sheff Utd, MK franchise, Huddersfield or Stevenage

who does everyone want to join us?

my preferences are Bolton and Stevenage.

Any Hull City fans around? Heard a rumour youre after Danny Wilson' date=' have you heard anything?[/quote']

There's one who sometimes posts on the 7777 thread but he hasn't migrated over here yet. I doubt Hull would go after him though, my money would be on Billy Davies.

Ritchie De Laet and Matty James have signed for Leicester in a deal that's around £2m :) Very happy with this' date=' Utd fans really seem to rate James and Da Laet has always seem relatively solid.

[center']delaetandjames.png[/center]

The summer has begun!

Heskey is a free agent, strongly linked to come back here.

I'd love to have him back' date=' but I don't think Pearson will go for him unfortunately.[/quote']

Why?

Im not jumping on the Heskey bandwagon here, but the purpose he once served, (even without his pathetic finishing) he cant do anymore. Would be a terrible signing for any club with ambition.

You do want to get into the prem right ? :o

Why?

Im not jumping on the Heskey bandwagon here' date=' but the purpose he once served, (even without his pathetic finishing) he cant do anymore. Would be a terrible signing for any club with ambition.

You do want to get into the prem right ? :o[/quote']

Aside from all the sentimental cr@p, I do actually think he could do a job for us on the pitch. He's not going to be very good as a lone striker, or on the wing (McLeish deserved to be sacked for that alone) but I reckon he could bully defences as a target man. He's still only 34, and when you consider what Phillips and Roberts have done at this level, then why not Emile? Give him a one year contract (with a massive wage cut, as in 75%) and I think he'd do a job for us :)

So after weeks of waiting, Vardy is finally set to sign for Leicester :)

We were prepared to sign him in January so obviously months of scouting has gone into this, and I trust Nigel and Walsh's judgment when it comes to players. I'll post a cheesy picture soon, with Vardy holding up an LCFC scarf :)

So after weeks of waiting' date=' Vardy is finally set to sign for Leicester :)

We were prepared to sign him in January so obviously months of scouting has gone into this, and I trust Nigel and Walsh's judgment when it comes to players. I'll post a cheesy picture soon, with Vardy holding up an LCFC scarf :)[/quote']

Good signing, but lets hope hes not another Kermorgant, a product of Nigels past thorough scouting.