Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Good signing' date=' but lets hope hes not another Kermorgant, a product of Nigels past thorough scouting.[/quote']

Even though he looks a little overweight we know that Nigel's scouting's always thorough...

Kermorgant...

Is it time?

Why?

Im not jumping on the Heskey bandwagon here' date=' but the purpose he once served, (even without his pathetic finishing) he cant do anymore. Would be a terrible signing for any club with ambition.

You do want to get into the prem right ? :o[/quote']

Well if Villa don't wake up sharp-ish then the Championship is where they will be heading.

Clubs do have second teams, Heskey will be there for back-up. Villa wouldn't know that though, Just play Bent and Agbonlahor hence the injuries.

Leicester won't be on the title hunt next season, I'd say 4/5th tops.

Well if Villa don't wake up sharp-ish then the Championship is where they will be heading.

Clubs do have second teams' date=' Heskey will be there for back-up. Villa wouldn't know that though, Just play Bent and Agbonlahor hence the injuries.

[b']Leicester won't be on the title hunt next season, I'd say 4/5th tops[/b].

Automatic promotion is clearly the target, although I'm unwilling to make predictions as it's only May (and I was so far out last season.) We've already spent £3m and it's not yet the end of May though, so once again we're willing to splash the cash. In regards to Heskey, we now have Nugent, Beckford, Vardy, Waghorn, Schlupp, Vassell (although I suspect he'll leave when his contract runs out in a few weeks) and a couple of youngsters. Nigel may think that's enough strikers, although ideally I'd like a bigger fellow to use when needed. That's where Heskey comes in.

Don't really want Beckford here next season, he's poor and takes up a massive chunk of wages. If he doesn't score, he contributes nothing, and he didn't score much last season.

MEGA LOL at molester. :D:D:D

1.7 MILLION for Vardy. Has the world gone mad? Nope, Just molester. ;)

Looking at bringing in Jacobs from Northampton which will be a good signing as we dont have a natural winger atm.

Hopefully Maguire gets his chance this season.

Looking forward to an even bigger improvement next year.

MEGA LOL at molester. :D:D:D

1.7 MILLION for Vardy. Has the world gone mad? Nope' date=' Just molester. ;)

Looking at bringing in Jacobs from Northampton which will be a good signing as we dont have a natural winger atm.

Hopefully Maguire gets his chance this season.

Looking forward to an even bigger improvement next year.[/quote']

A) It's £1m, with addons potentially taking it up to £1.7m.

B) Laugh when he's flopped, not when he's just been bought.

C) You're just jealous that Direby have no money.

D) You don't have a natural winger, so you bring in one from a midtable League 2 club. That's inspirational Nigel!

Burned, alphabet style.

A) It's £1m' date=' with addons potentially taking it up to £1.7m.

B) Laugh when he's flopped, not when he's just been bought.

C) You're just jealous that Direby have no money.

D) You don't have a natural winger, so you bring in one from a midtable League 2 club. That's inspirational Nigel!

Burned, alphabet style.[/quote']

Let me break this down for you. :)

A. ITS 1 MILLION POUND! Jon, tell me the highest level this guy has played at please because im dying to know ;).

B. I laughed when you brought Waghorn, I laughed when you brought Mills, I laughed when you brought Beckford. Theres a common trend here of me being right and Leicster not. ;)

C. On the contrary, I am very happy with the way we do our business. Whats that coming over the hill is it a monster? No, its FFP. ;)

D. We got Jon Brayford from mid table league 2 and now he is one of the best right backs in the league. Jacobs is pretty well sought after so only having to pay compensation with him being out of contract would be a good coup for us.

P.S, How much money did you spend last year? and how many points did you finish ahead of us?

P.P.S, I advise savlon antiseptic cream for the scorches that have just been burnt onto your ass by this post. ;):eek:

So that's £3m spent on Vardy, James and De Laet.

I'm not sure if any of them will actually get regular first team football, just seems a big waste of money. There not bad players, but buying standard Championship players and unproven players for that sort of money is just ridiculous.

Let me break this down for you. :)

A. ITS 1 MILLION POUND! Jon' date=' tell me the highest level this guy has played at please because im dying to know ;).

B. I laughed when you brought Waghorn, I laughed when you brought Mills, I laughed when you brought Beckford. Theres a common trend here of me being right and Leicster not. ;)

C. On the contrary, I am very happy with the way we do our business. Whats that coming over the hill is it a monster? No, its FFP. ;)

D. We got Jon Brayford from mid table league 2 and now he is one of the best right backs in the league. Jacobs is pretty well sought after so only having to pay compensation with him being out of contract would be a good coup for us.

P.S, How much money did you spend last year? and how many points did you finish ahead of us?

P.P.S, I advise savlon antiseptic cream for the scorches that have just been burnt onto your ass by this post. ;):eek:[/quote']

The BSP, but he has been prolific!

Did you laugh when we signed Kasper, Konchesky, Danns and Nugent? Mills and Beckford though... :(

Let's face it, with the way you do business, midtable in the Championship is the best it's gunna get. There are ways around FFP, and you know that. We're getting rid of the expensive earners (Mills, Pantsil) and bringing in cheaper replacements.

So good that he hasn't earned another contract at Northampton? Sign him up ;)

Way too much, and not very many :P

Hahahaha :D

So that's £3m spent on Vardy' date=' James and De Laet.

I'm not sure if any of them will actually get regular first team football, just seems a big waste of money. There not bad players, but buying standard Championship players and unproven players for that sort of money is just ridiculous.[/quote']

I agree, we should be buying established, Championship players and players with a history in the PL, that's guaranteed to work. Man Utd fans rate James very highly and Vardy knows where the net is. Yes Vardy is a gamble, but I have faith that he can perform. Not sure about De Laet, but again he is a Man Utd youth player and I think he can perform in the Championship.

We were prepared to sign him in January so obviously months of scouting has gone into this' date=' and I trust Nigel and Walsh's judgment when it comes to players. [b']I'll post a cheesy picture soon, with Vardy holding up an LCFC scarf[/b] :)

0,,10274~10860844,00.jpg

0,,10274~10862798,00.jpg

The BSP' date=' but he has been prolific!

Did you laugh when we signed Kasper, Konchesky, Danns and Nugent? Mills and Beckford though... :(

Let's face it, with the way you do business, midtable in the Championship is the best it's gunna get. There are ways around FFP, and you know that. We're getting rid of the expensive earners (Mills, Pantsil) and bringing in cheaper replacements.

So good that he hasn't earned another contract at Northampton? Sign him up ;)

Way too much, and not very many :P

Hahahaha :D

I agree, we should be buying established, Championship players and players with a history in the PL, that's guaranteed to work. Man Utd fans rate James very highly and Vardy knows where the net is. Yes Vardy is a gamble, but I have faith that he can perform. Not sure about De Laet, but again he is a Man Utd youth player and I think he can perform in the Championship.[/quote']

Actually thats incorrect. We have shown that we can cut down the expensive earners and bring in younger, cheaper, BETTER players. If this keeps up we wont be far off the playoffs next season.

Let me remind you we had horrendous injuries again this season. Without those we'd have finished ahead of precious molester. ;).

Cheaper replacements, 3 average players, 3 million pound, 3 million reasons to LOL.

If you did ANY kind of research before your posts you'll know Jacobs was their player of the season and is being looked at by many clubs however we are in pole position due to how we give youngsters a chance to blossom.

"Way too much and not very many", treasure the now pal, the natural order of things will resume before too long. ;)

Clubs do have second teams' date=' Heskey will be there for back-up. Villa wouldn't know that though, Just play Bent and Agbonlahor hence the injuries.

Leicester won't be on the title hunt next season, I'd say 4/5th tops.[/quote']

Fantastic post. Well done on realising how poor we were this season.

I think by sacking Mcleish we have woken up. :confused:

Wow you seem to be able to predict the future alot, first villas relegation now heskey will only be back up ? ;) Regardless i dont think he is good enough. You still need your back up striker to be effective, he isnt.

Villa wouldnt know that ? We didnt have the squad to rotate, not to mention Heskey played a decent amount.

Not to mention RVP played every bloody possible game for you guys, dont make out were the only ones to rely on a player or two.

Bent got injured due to a freak one off accident, not being over played, Gabby has always suffered with injuries and has played the vast majority of our games. Literally have no idea what point you was trying to make.

Actually thats incorrect. We have shown that we can cut down the expensive earners and bring in younger' date=' cheaper, BETTER players. If this keeps up we wont be far off the playoffs next season.

Let me remind you we had horrendous injuries again this season. Without those we'd have finished ahead of precious molester. ;).

Cheaper replacements, 3 average players, 3 million pound, 3 million reasons to LOL.

If you did ANY kind of research before your posts you'll know Jacobs was their player of the season and is being looked at by many clubs however we are in pole position due to how we give youngsters a chance to blossom.

"Way too much and not very many", treasure the now pal, the natural order of things will resume before too long. ;)[/quote']

I'd be amazed if you're in the play-offs next season, as I can quite simply see at least 6 teams being better than you. Southampton, Reading and (probably) WHU are better than what have come down in my opinion, but Charlton, Sheff W and Huddersfield/Sheff U are far better than what's gone down. Extremely competitive division again this season, and I can't see Derby being in the top 6.

That's doubtful, if Beckford had performed like a professional footballer then we'd have done a lot better too :P

Let's wait to see how they perform before calling them average. Man Utd fans reckon James could've played for the first team had he not of been crippled by injuries. They all may well turn out to be nothing better than what we have, but I doubt it. We won't know until September at least though :)

I don't care enough to do research into Northampton Town footballers :P Fair play though, have to do what you can if you don't have money to chuck in all directions like us :)

Oh, come on you HAMMERS!!!!

I'd be amazed if you're in the play-offs next season' date=' as I can quite simply see at least 6 teams being better than you. Southampton, Reading and (probably) WHU are better than what have come down in my opinion, but Charlton, Sheff W and Huddersfield/Sheff U are far better than what's gone down. Extremely competitive division again this season, and I can't see Derby being in the top 6.

That's doubtful, if Beckford had performed like a professional footballer then we'd have done a lot better too :P

Let's wait to see how they perform before calling them average. Man Utd fans reckon James could've played for the first team had he not of been crippled by injuries. They all may well turn out to be nothing better than what we have, but I doubt it. We won't know until September at least though :)

I don't care enough to do research into Northampton Town footballers :P Fair play though, have to do what you can if you don't have money to chuck in all directions like us :)

Oh, come on you HAMMERS!!!![/quote']

Every season is meant to be a tougher championship. Along with other teams supposedly being better, we'll also improve. We wont be standing still.

Ofcourse its a long shot at the playoffs as we are building quietly, slowly but very surely. ;). It will most likely be the season afterwards we really see derby challenge.

So you dont care to do research into Northampton players yet insist on giving your opinion on them. QUALITY.

Your currently splashing the cash, yes however I wouldnt switch positions with you. We have assembled a team of hungry young players who dont cost the world.

You have a crippled united youngster, the dude thats been loaned out countless times yet never made big waves, and a player who scores for fun against the nags head on the local park.

Your money will last for a while, but when the money is gone the effects will last much longer. ;)

Cant decide who I want to win today. Head says WHU and heart says Blackpool, win win then if its a good game!

Quick word on DeLeat, we had him on loan a while ago, granted he only played 6games but I wasnt convinced. When you looked at a young Naughton next to a young DeLaet there wasnt much competition but maybe he's improved a lot since then!?