Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Hahahah .. Wolve's new stand :)

575019_419357378104484_345971365443086_1294481_222541914_n.jpg

That would probably have been the best place to sit last season.

They aren't going to sell the restricted view seats though until they go ahead with the second stage of the development which involves moving the roof of the stand which is blocking the view which will probably be done when they next get to the Premier League.

No its not' date=' but how do you suggest they redevelop a whole stadium thats in use in one season ?[/quote']

Build on the longer side first? The views from the top of there wouldn't be obscured as they'd look directly down onto the pitch I'd imagine. Problem is that they'd be closing more of the stadium but that'd be an eventual problem anyway and I don't think Wolves sold out every week...

This is the view from a Leicester fan in the away end of Stamford Bridge when we played them in the Cup:

stamfordbridgeview.jpg

I don't know how the picture was taken, sitting down in the seat or standing up, but it's still dreadful and warrants a refund on the ticket.

Build on the longer side first? The views from the top of there wouldn't be obscured as they'd look directly down onto the pitch I'd imagine. Problem is that they'd be closing more of the stadium but that'd be an eventual problem anyway and I don't think Wolves sold out every week...

But the longer bigger stands can seat more fans which means a they can bring in as much money as possible to fund the development. Now when they go to redevelop the stands on the side they have a larger stand at the end to seat more fans and bring in more money.

Wolves will sell out next season. Id be shocked if they dont have the championships highest attendance. (% wise)

This is the view from a Leicester fan in the away end of Stamford Bridge when we played them in the Cup:

stamfordbridgeview.jpg

I don't know how the picture was taken' date=' sitting down in the seat or standing up, but it's still dreadful and warrants a refund on the ticket.[/quote']

i've been at both end of stamford bridge and it isnt that bad :confused: maybe they've stood on their chair to take that or something!

Looks like we're playing in red next year. :(

That is devastating for you, unlucky but there are up sides to things, you'll be spending a lot of money in the summer and at least you've kept Malky Mackay. Not only is it the kit, but i believe it's also the badge, nickname, stadium expansion and pretty much everything that was originally planned.

What is probably more worrying though is the fact that the Malaysians U-turned their decision twice, and look clueless to me. Why any Malaysians would buy a kit because "it's lucky" is a bit bizare to me as well.

Cardiff City's new home and away kit: (home kit is red with a black trim, away kit is blue with a yellow trim)

0,,10335~10919785,00.jpg

Cardiff City's new badge:

0,,10335~10919118,00.jpg

Firstly, i think the kit and badge is awful anyway, and the only sort of change they've made to their original plans is to add a little bluebird on the badge which will fade away in the next couple of years if it's down to the Malaysians.

This £100 million will largely be spent on debt to create new debt to the Malasyians. It saves them valuable time with the debt, but 70% of the investment as far as i know won't do anything. Money will be spent on the stadium expansion which is a complete waste of money so what will be invested for new players will be a low fraction of the investment which you would have thought would be spread out for a few seasons. They've sold their soul for a bit of cash, it will be quiet funny though next season to see them playing in red for more or less every game of next season.

Physically sickened. Unless our team next year has Messi' date=' Ronaldo, Aguero, Piqué & Hart in, these Malaysians can do one. It's the most hideous thing I've seen.[/quote']

I don't even think they will be a massive amount of investment for players though. Rodriguez looks like he's off to Southampton and currently it seems like your trying to bargain down Coventry for Richard Keogh from £1 million to £800,000.

How you manage to attract these sorts of people in charge of your football club is beyond me, after Sam Hamman and Peter Risdale you'd have thought you'd have learned your lesson before letting these Malaysians destroy the sole of the club.

I don't even think they will be a massive amount of investment for players though. Rodriguez looks like he's off to Southampton and currently it seems like your trying to bargain down Coventry for Richard Keogh from £1 million to £800' date='000.

How you manage to attract these sorts of people in charge of your football club is beyond me, after Sam Hamman and Peter Risdale you'd have thought you'd have learned your lesson before letting these Malaysians destroy the sole of the club.[/quote']

If they want success then they should have spent in Jan to get us up instead of spunking it on pointless stadium expansions & training facilities. Wouldn't surprise me if we don't sign anyone over the summer.

Everyone is complaining about changing cardiff to red, and that our history would be lost. But at the end of the day the history will only be lost if the club was lost and without the money that the malaysians are pumping in there would not be a club anymore and therefore no more history! Yeah the badge does look a bit tacky but at the end of the day saving the club is priority number one to be honest.

Im sure some will start pointless protests and boycott games which will fall on death ears but they will be the minority, im confident 90% will be back at the stadium next season myself included. Were still gonna be the bluebirds.

Would you rather watch your club get torn apart and lose all of the progress gained over the years or revolutionise and push to move forward.

I know what id choose :)

Sol Bamba has signed a four year deal with Trabzonspor. Whilst I'll miss his own unique brand of football, since he's been here he's not formed a solid defence with anyone and it was understandable that he's moved on. The fee is around £800k which is a bit disappointing, would've expected more to be honest, but it's still a £550k profit over 18 months so not too bad.

This thread is quieter than a graveyard at night...

So we've been given Posh at home first game of the season. I'm happy with that, but it goes downhill from there with Charlton and then Blackburn, both away, in our next two matches. Tough start to the season, and we really need to start well to build some momentum. Forest away on the last day of the season should be class though :)

Also, we've agreed a fee of around £2m with Bolton for Matt Mills. Finally offloading him, the day when his fat pay cheque doesn't appear on our books will be a glorious one.

First fixtures of the season:

Barnsley v Middlesbrough

Birmingham v Charlton

Burnley v Bolton

Cardiff v Huddersfield

Crystal Palace v Watford

Derby v Sheff Wed

Hull City v Brighton

Ipswich v Blackburn

Leeds v Wolverhampton

Leicester v Peterborough

Millwall v Blackpool

Nottm Forest v Bristol City

This thread is quieter than a graveyard at night...

So we've been given Posh at home first game of the season. I'm happy with that' date=' but it goes downhill from there with Charlton and then Blackburn, both away, in our next two matches. Tough start to the season, and we really need to start well to build some momentum. Forest away on the last day of the season should be class though :)

[b']Also, we've agreed a fee of around £2m with Bolton for Matt Mills. Finally offloading him, the day when his fat pay cheque doesn't appear on our books will be a glorious one.

[/b]

Interesting. You haven't done badly to lose £3 million on him.

If Bolton keep hold of key players they'll have a good squad for next season. Assuming they inevitably lose Holden, Lee and Mark Davies they'll have something like this:

Bodgan

Mears - Mills - Ream - Ricketts

Eagles - Pratley - Reo-Coker - Petrov

Davies - Sordell

Mills, Mears, Eagles, Pratley, Reo-Coker, Ricketts and Sordell in that side have all done well in the Championship in the past. It's almost as if they've been planning for the Championship in the last season looking at their signings, although I can't say much :P

Pretty sure Reo-Cooker used a clause in his contract to leave Bolton on a free? But other than that Bolton look strong next season fully expect them to do well think Sordell will be a handful and Davies may as well will probably get less fouls against him also :P