Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Mills is off to Bolton on a season long loan, with £1m paid now and another £1m paid if they choose to buy him after 12 months. That's not too bad, we get atleast £1m either way and get him off the wages, which should save over £25,000 a week.

What's Brighton's new ground like lads?

It's nice I've heard, and is capable of fitting a lot more seats in there than there are at the moment. Not even close to Brighton though.

Liking Wednesday's moves in the transfer market. So far, we've signed:

- Chris Kirkland. Always been injury-prone but if he could stay fit and get back to his best form, then this is a great signing, on a free too. Big "if" though.

- Keiran Lee. Former Man Utd youngster who has swept the player of the season awards at Oldham the past two seasons. Only 23, so plenty still to come, possibly our best signing.

- Joe Mattock. Really excited by this signing, a great youngster at earlier in his career and an important player for West Brom when they got promoted. Career has stalled since then, but has a chance to kick-start his career once more at Hillsborough.

- Anthony Gardner. Another very good player whose career has been beset by injuries. However, he seems to have got his form back together at Palace, and could be the dominant CB we need at this level.

- Chris Maguire. Don't know too much about him, Derby signed him last summer for a compensation fee of £400k but didn't get much of a look in. Whether that's because he was rubbish, I don't know...

Hoping we can tie up Antonio who was key for us at the tail-end of last season and try and land a marquee CM who can score a few goals to play alongside Semedo. Oh, and avoid Nile Ranger like the plague. :o

Liking Wednesday's moves in the transfer market. So far' date=' we've signed:

- Chris Kirkland. Always been injury-prone but if he could stay fit and get back to his best form, then this is a great signing, on a free too. Big "if" though.

- Keiran Lee. Former Man Utd youngster who has swept the player of the season awards at Oldham the past two seasons. Only 23, so plenty still to come, possibly our best signing.

- Joe Mattock. Really excited by this signing, a great youngster at earlier in his career and an important player for West Brom when they got promoted. Career has stalled since then, but has a chance to kick-start his career once more at Hillsborough.

- Anthony Gardner. Another very good player whose career has been beset by injuries. However, he seems to have got his form back together at Palace, and could be the dominant CB we need at this level.

- Chris Maguire. Don't know too much about him, Derby signed him last summer for a compensation fee of £400k but didn't get much of a look in. Whether that's because he was rubbish, I don't know...

Hoping we can tie up Antonio who was key for us at the tail-end of last season and try and land a marquee CM who can score a few goals to play alongside Semedo. Oh, and avoid Nile Ranger like the plague. :o[/quote']

Maguire can be a good player but... It depends on how your manager is and what he's like with players and the other factor is whether Maguire can be bothered etc

- [b']Joe Mattock. Really excited by this signing, a great youngster at earlier in his career and an important player for West Brom when they got promoted. Career has stalled since then, but has a chance to kick-start his career once more at Hillsborough. [/b]

Hoping we can tie up Antonio who was key for us at the tail-end of last season and try and land a marquee CM who can score a few goals to play alongside Semedo. Oh, and avoid Nile Ranger like the plague. :o

Can't wait till we play you, I always look forward to abusing Mattock :)

Mills is off to Bolton on a season long loan' date=' with £1m paid now and another £1m paid if they choose to buy him after 12 months. That's not too bad, we get atleast £1m either way and get him off the wages, which should save over £25,000 a week.

It's nice I've heard, and is capable of fitting a lot more seats in there than there are at the moment. Not even close to Brighton though.[/quote']

Thanks no bothered about where it's. I'm probably going to London in October and I know people who support Brighton down there so I might go to one of the games.

What's Brighton's new ground like lads?

It's nice now they've added corners to it ,looked a bit tacky until now! the main stand is very nice and the signing stand holds a good atmosphere although it's located on the opposite end of the ground to away fans, down stairs is alright bit on the expensive side heard you can get a good pie(haven't had one mind). As Jon says it's a little bit out of Brighton in a place called Falmer if your thinking of going it's probably best to leave earlier or your be queuing ages for a train/bus that's something there probably be looking to improve in the future tho as ATM it's a pain getting out.

Anyone what to inform me of how bad Paul Green is? From what I've read on some Leeds Fan pages he seems to be not of a good standard?

Don't really know what to make of Adam Dury thinking he could be okay for next season.

Takeover talks look like they could be taking place hopefully that old **** Ken bates will be gone soon but I won't be happy until the day that happens.

Paddy Kenny to Leeds is another rumor I've seen floating around as long as were getting him for nothing I'm happy, read somewhere we could be bidding 500k ... Now that would be stupid considering Bates wouldn't pay 500k for Joel Ward :rolleyes:

It's nice now they've added corners to it ' date='looked a bit tacky until now! the main stand is very nice and the signing stand holds a good atmosphere although it's located on the opposite end of the ground to away fans, down stairs is alright bit on the expensive side heard you can get a good pie(haven't had one mind). As Jon says it's a little bit out of Brighton in a place called Falmer if your thinking of going it's probably best to leave earlier or your be queuing ages for a train/bus that's something there probably be looking to improve in the future tho as ATM it's a pain getting out.

Anyone what to inform me of how bad Paul Green is? From what I've read on some Leeds Fan pages he seems to be not of a good standard?

Don't really know what to make of Adam Dury thinking he could be okay for next season.

Takeover talks look like they could be taking place hopefully that old **** Ken bates will be gone soon but I won't be happy until the day that happens.

Paddy Kenny to Leeds is another rumor I've seen floating around as long as were getting him for nothing I'm happy, read somewhere we could be bidding 500k ... Now that would be stupid considering Bates wouldn't pay 500k for Joel Ward :rolleyes:[/quote']

If I was to go fixture pending plus money, I meet the people I know in London then go from there so they be taking us there and I'd be staying London somewhere, thanks for the info lads.

@Andy - I hope Maguire does well for you.

Andy, if Maguire is handled right you have a very good player on your hands. If however your boss is a terrible man manager then you'll be saying bye bye in january.

Ask Portsmouth fans what they think of him and they'll tell you about his quality.

He's not a goalscorer with his best position being behind the main striker. Really hope it works out for him as he didnt get a fair shake here.

Andy' date=' if Maguire is handled right you have a very good player on your hands. If however your boss is a terrible man manager then you'll be saying bye bye in january.

Ask Portsmouth fans what they think of him and they'll tell you about his quality.

He's not a goalscorer with his best position being behind the main striker. Really hope it works out for him as he didnt get a fair shake here.[/quote']

I told you so... that he needs a man manager did Nige listen? :o

Why so? He leave acrimoniously?

Yes' date=' but it's mainly the fact that he has a history of assaulting women.

[url']http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/hated-person-Leicester/story-12086142-detail/story.html[/url]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-11166370 (with CCTV footage)

Four counts of assault, two against women, because they gave him some stick about his transfer to WBA. The way he attempted to steer himself out of the club when WBA showed some interest in him was extremely disrespectful to the club; apparently he rang the chairman and demanded to leave whilst he was on internation duty and we were playing a pre-season game. So, all in all, expect heavy abuse when we come to play you.

Hoping we can tie up Antonio who was key for us at the tail-end of last season and try and land a marquee CM who can score a few goals to play alongside Semedo. Oh, and avoid Nile Ranger like the plague. :o[/quote']

Some really good signings there. Think Wednesday could do really well next season.

Antonio would be a very good signing, I'm suprised Antonio hasn't been kept by Reading, he looks a far better player than Robson-Kanu and possibly even McCleary, Kebe and McAnuff.

Andy' date=' if Maguire is handled right you have a very good player on your hands. If however your boss is a terrible man manager then you'll be saying bye bye in january.

He's not a goalscorer with his best position being behind the main striker. Really hope it works out for him as he didnt get a fair shake here.[/quote']

Good to hear, was expecting to hear worse from the Derby fans! Luckily, I do think Dave Jones is that sort of manager, but with the large squad we seem to be building, is he going to be happy if he doesn't start every game?

Yes' date=' but it's mainly the fact that he has a history of assaulting women.

[url']http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/hated-person-Leicester/story-12086142-detail/story.html[/url]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-11166370 (with CCTV footage)

Four counts of assault, two against women, because they gave him some stick about his transfer to WBA. The way he attempted to steer himself out of the club when WBA showed some interest in him was extremely disrespectful to the club; apparently he rang the chairman and demanded to leave whilst he was on internation duty and we were playing a pre-season game. So, all in all, expect heavy abuse when we come to play you.

Yikes, hadn't heard any of that. Good to see we're taking into account players' character...

:Dwhite text here

I did mean to put "earlier on in his career", but I guess that could be stretching it a tad even still. I'd much rather him to Rob Jones at the back though.

Guest Scout Maker

Sean Scannell ---> Huddersfield = £400k

A poor decision to sell him in my opinion, especially for that fee. Very short sighted and I was hoping him and Zaha could have formed a striking partnership in the next couple of seasons. I always thought he was our most direct attacking forward however his stats aren't great, 15 goals in 141 appearances.

I did mean to put "earlier on in his career"' date=' but I guess that could be stretching it a tad even still. I'd much rather him to Rob Jones at the back though.[/quote']

If you hadn't have said a 'very' good player I wouldn't have replied. You could do a lot worse.

Danny Murphy has signed for Blackburn.

Not exactly Ronaldinho' date=' is it?[/quote']

Still a good signing for Blackburn though.

Cardiff have signed Jordan Mutch from Birmingham for around £1 million, quiet a good signing actually. Didn't sell their souls for Mutch.

Apparently we've had bids for Ross McCormack and Sone Aluko accepted' date=' I'd be delighted with both.[/quote']

They would be good signings for Palace. I'd be suprised though if you were able to pay the supposed £2 million or so for Ross McCormack without selling Wilfried Zaha though.

Guest Scout Maker

They would be good signings for Palace. I'd be suprised though if you were able to pay the supposed £2 million or so for Ross McCormack without selling Wilfried Zaha though.

Aye, but apparently the money we're getting in compensation for Clyne is around the £2-3m area.

I can't see Zaha leaving this summer though to be honest, not only because he just signed a 5 and a half year contract in December, but because he just isn't ready for the Premier League yet.

Birmingham look like they're going to appoint Lee Clark as manager. To be honest, can't see him doing too well with limited funds. At Huddersfield he probably had the best financial budget in the league but he'll have to sell players to buy players at Birmingham.

Brighton have somehow managed to sign Valencia's Bruno Saltor on a free transfer as well.

Derby have also signed Northampton's Michael Jacobs.

Watford's Troy Deeney has also been jailed for 10 months after a brawl.

Archived