Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Leeds in swoop for Jamaican international Rodolph Austin

Looks like this could be a goer. Twitter has gone mad for him this afternoon pretty much based on the video below. He looks like he was born for Dirty Leeds! Pause the video at 19 seconds. There aren't many players that scare holes into their socks!

Also looks like Nathaniel Clyne could be on his way to newly promoted Southampton.

I've been predicting this for a while so i'm glad to see it's happening' date=' From what i know Adkins is a fan of his and he fits in with what there trying to build at Southampton with a Young mostly British and Academy based squad, also rumors there in for Zaha which also wouldn't surprise me as they need some more Skillful players in there attack.

Leeds in swoop for Jamaican international Rodolph Austin

Looks like this could be a goer. Twitter has gone mad for him this afternoon pretty much based on the video below. He looks like he was born for Dirty Leeds! Pause the video at 19 seconds. There aren't many players that scare holes into their socks!

Great Challenge love players that get stuck in as long as there sensible when doing so, Know next to nothing about this lad but after seeing that ill be doing some research :P

I've been predicting this for a while so i'm glad to see it's happening' date=' From what i know Adkins is a fan of his and he fits in with what there trying to build at Southampton with a Young mostly British and Academy based squad, also rumors there in for Zaha which also wouldn't surprise me as they need some more Skillful players in there attack.

[/quote']

There's no chance we'd let Zaha go this season. Only way I can see this happening is if we receive an outrageous offer.

There's no chance we'd let Zaha go this season. Only way I can see this happening is if we receive an outrageous offer.

Seen some pretty reliable Journalists feel a deal is likely but i can understand yours and palaces stance on it from what i've read the rumored fee would be something like 8 million up front for both Clyne and Zaha could see it being more if a deal was to happen tho.

Seen some pretty reliable Journalists feel a deal is likely but i can understand yours and palaces stance on it from what i've read the rumored fee would be something like 8 million up front for both Clyne and Zaha could see it being more if a deal was to happen tho.

Ive heard that rumour too, I could see Zaha going for 8 mill, but not both of them.

So 6ft 5 giant Marko Futacs has agreed personal terms with Leicester and is set to sign :)

Can see this being a good signing, we needed a target man to win the headers and flick ons for the other shorter, quicker strikers and we needed someone to hold the ball up, as the ball came straight back at us far too much last season. He's still only 22 and offers something different, so nice work Nigel!

Derby have completed the signing of Richard Keogh for over a million pound.

So around the same money as Shackell, most likely less wages and 3 years younger. This could be Clough stealing victory from the jaws of defeat here.

Cardiff and Leeds were in for the boy too so its nice to beat off championship interest to land someone.

Aiden White rumoured to be on his way, id like that. Yes he isn't the finished article but he has pace to burn and will add threat down our left side. Brayford does an excellent job of this down our right.

Lets now move on to the forward line after tying up the White deal. Connor Sammon rumored to be coming in on loan however we'll need another in after. Maybe a player like Johnny Russell would work out for us.

Starting to be more optimistic about next year now :)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11726/7913966/City-close-on-Buzsaky

Would be a quality signing for us if we can pull this off :)

He'd be a good signing for anybody in the league so would be a major coup for Bristol. Wouldn't mind storming the deal late on but our scouting network stretches as far as Crewe and strictly no further. :P

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7916488/

Good appointment for Forest IMO. I've always rated him, and been a fan of him, and he was one of the managers I wanted to take over at Preston before Westley came in. He did well with Doncaster, so it will be interesting to see how he does with Forest.

BBC Sport banners from recent days:

14th July "Al-Hasawis want 'iconic' Nottingham Forest manager"

19th July "Sean O'Driscoll appointed new Nottingham Forest manager"

Oh dear... brings to mind a club that was talking about signing Ronaldinho then went out and bought David Goodwillie instead.

Happy with O'Driscoll.

Just hope these new owners now back him financially because we need a whole new back 4 asap!.

WE HAVE A FOREST FAN!!!!!!!!!!!

"O'Driscoll was appointed Crawley Town manager in May 2012. In July 2012 he left the club without managing a competitive game." Now that's what you call loyalty.

Apparently Koren has a £500k clause in contract which, if activated, would let us speak to him. Nigel will be in for him I'm sure.

@ Jonaldinho - I know, however prior to being appointed by Crawley he was working on our coaching staff alongside Cotterill & his place on the coaching staff did lead to us actually playing something resembling football towards the end of the season rather than Cotterill's favoured hoofball & McLaren's total mess.

I know he isn't an iconic name, but I don't particularly think any of those "iconic" names linked would have really been a better appointment. Most Forest supporters seemingly were clamouring for Davies to come back & although I'm still of the opinion he should never have been sacked in the first place, I just don't think it would have worked out well.

I remain very sceptical about the new owners - who we manage to sign in the next few weeks will tell us how legit they are & if it is really up to the manager who signs.

The rumour mill suggests ex Forest players Jenas & Kelvin Wilson coming in - neither of which I see happening, & McGugan being sold to Leeds which I hope doesn't happen!.

If it does turn out to be a summer of decent players leaving & only kuwaiti trialists coming in then I'd argue they're worse than Venky's!.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18961761 Guediora signed from Wolves subject to medical.

Ok not a defender - but happy with this signing all the same, highly influential in keeping us up last season & with Cohen back from injury that's a pretty solid central midfield pairing in the making, especially with Moussi for cover.

Zak Whitbread has signed/is set to sign a two year deal with us :) Although he's had his injury problems, I think he'll be a top signing and will form a strong partnership with Captain Morgan. He's on a free and going from what I've read, Norwich fans really rated him and believed he'd team up with Lambert at Villa. It's clearly his injury problems which have held him back in his career, but on form he was (apparently) Norwich's best CB last season. Top business from Nigel.

Kasper

De Laet - Morgan - Whitbread - Konchesky

I'm very happy with that as a defence, typical Nigel defence. A winger is all we really need now, along with maybe a DM, and with a month to go until the season starts, I think we've had a good summer so far.

@ Jonaldinho - I know' date=' however prior to being appointed by Crawley he was working on our coaching staff alongside Cotterill & his place on the coaching staff did lead to us actually playing something resembling football towards the end of the season rather than Cotterill's favoured hoofball & McLaren's total mess.

I know he isn't an iconic name, but I don't particularly think any of those "iconic" names linked would have really been a better appointment. Most Forest supporters seemingly were clamouring for Davies to come back & although I'm still of the opinion he should never have been sacked in the first place, I just don't think it would have worked out well.

I remain very sceptical about the new owners - who we manage to sign in the next few weeks will tell us how legit they are & if it is really up to the manager who signs.

The rumour mill suggests ex Forest players Jenas & Kelvin Wilson coming in - neither of which I see happening, & McGugan being sold to Leeds which I hope doesn't happen!.

If it does turn out to be a summer of decent players leaving & only kuwaiti trialists coming in then I'd argue they're worse than Venky's!.[/quote']

Yes I know. You saw the circumstances of appointing an iconic manager with no knowledge of the league last season. I've no idea how far back Sven set us, and Nigel is still sorting out his mess. O'Driscoll should do well for you, I'd imagine consolidation with an outside hope of the play-offs will be the aim this season, whilst building for a proper push next season. I think Coppinger is going to be your next signing, unsurprising considering his history with O'Driscoll.

Well we've signed two defenders Danny Collins & Greg Halford from Stoke & Pompey respectively. O'Driscoll said in his press conference the other day he was hoping to sign 6 defenders so only 4 more to go!.

Any Middlesborough fans (or anyone) with any knowledge of Tony McMahon? We've just signed him n I dont really know much other than he's a RB!

For the Forest fan...Be patient with SOD. He plays nice passing football that can be a little defensive at times but at all his clubs he's needed time to get in his players and get them all singing from the same hymn sheet. At both his clubs prior to Crawley (Donny and Bournemouth) the fans have wanted him sacking as the results aren't immediate but both ended up loving him.

Any Middlesborough fans (or anyone) with any knowledge of Tony McMahon? We've just signed him n I dont really know much other than he's a RB!

For the Forest fan...Be patient with SOD. He plays nice passing football that can be a little defensive at times but at all his clubs he's needed time to get in his players and get them all singing from the same hymn sheet. At both his clubs prior to Crawley (Donny and Bournemouth) the fans have wanted him sacking as the results aren't immediate but both ended up loving him.

McMahon is a great signing, I'm sad to say. We had him on loan a couple of seasons ago and he barely put a foot wrong. Not the greatest going forward but very sound defensively. A lot of us fans really wanted to sign him, but it wasnt to be. Should be very good at League One level, surprised 'Boro got rid of him to be honest.

McMahon is a great signing' date=' I'm sad to say. We had him on loan a couple of seasons ago and he barely put a foot wrong. Not the greatest going forward but very sound defensively. A lot of us fans really wanted to sign him, but it wasnt to be. Should be very good at League One level, surprised 'Boro got rid of him to be honest.[/quote']

Cheers. Sounds very good :D Hope you're right. Just hope we don't sell Maguire then I might start getting optimistic :)

He is awesome at set-pieces. Long throws, consistently great corners and to top it all off, he popped in a 25 yard freekick. I'm very surprised that he's dropped down to League 1, he could get in many Championship first teams I reckon. I've set our resident MFC fan on the case though, so he should provide more info soon :)