Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

He is awesome at set-pieces. Long throws' date=' consistently great corners and to top it all off, he popped in a 25 yard freekick. I'm very surprised that he's dropped down to League 1, he could get in many Championship first teams I reckon. I've set our resident MFC fan on the case though, so he should provide more info soon :)[/quote']

Thankyou, ya still can't have our 'Arry though :P:D

Anthony Knockaert has signed for Leicester! I know nothing about him having never heard of him until about 25 minutes ago, but I do know that he has a decent record for his club Guingamp in the French second tier, that he has scored 4 times in 10 games for the French u20s, and that he has been linked with Newcastle and Montpellier very recently.

Apparently he's a winger which is one of the positions we needed to fill this summer, and I trust Steve Walsh's judgment. Although Dyer will be one of the quickest players in the Championship, he can't really cross so it's great to have an alternative. Nice work Nigel!

Anthony Knockaert has signed for Leicester! I know nothing about him having never heard of him until about 25 minutes ago' date=' but I do know that he has a decent record for his club Guingamp in the French second tier, that he has scored 4 times in 10 games for the French u20s, and that he has been linked with Newcastle and Montpellier very recently.

Apparently he's a winger which is one of the positions we needed to fill this summer, and I trust Steve Walsh's judgment. Although Dyer will be one of the, if not the quickest players in the Championship, he can't really cross so it's great to have an alternative. Nice work Nigel![/quote']

I bet he'll be another 'Kermorgant'. :)

Anthony Knockaert has signed for Leicester! I know nothing about him having never heard of him until about 25 minutes ago' date=' but I do know that he has a decent record for his club Guingamp in the French second tier, that he has scored 4 times in 10 games for the French u20s, and that he has been linked with Newcastle and Montpellier very recently.

Apparently he's a winger which is one of the positions we needed to fill this summer, and I trust Steve Walsh's judgment. Although Dyer will be one of the quickest players in the Championship, he can't really cross so it's great to have an alternative. Nice work Nigel![/quote']

Singed him a couple of days ago for one of my new teams hoping for a review of the French leagues to come around soon...hopefully he'll get game time for you then it's an even better rise :)

ps Nigel, if you're looking for a scout as we're obviously on the same wave length just give me a call. I want 250K per year ;)

Championship Agents Fees 2011-12

West Ham United - £4,314,270

Leicester City - £1,812,371

Reading - £1,662,163

Crystal Palace - £1,170,950

Cardiff City - £927,340

Southampton - £833,570

Brighton - £786,861

Portsmouth - £748,700

Middlesbrough - £744,916

Birmingham - £736,363

Derby - £623,475

Leeds - £604,296

Burnley - £595,150

Watford - £527,187

Nottingham Forest - £521,850

Millwall - £422,000

Bristol City - £388,779

Peterborough United - £256,300

Ipswich Town - £233,990

Hull City - £228,345

Blackpool - £154,000

Coventry City - £148,200

Doncaster Rovers - £139,012

Barnsley - £124,898

i hate that we're signing diouf and i won't be wishing him well vile person and hope he fails can't believe we've signed him especially after last seasons anticts and his history with warnock beyond a joke.

Edit: he's signed on a non-contract Thank goodness hopefully he's gone within the month!

So we round up a decent pre-season with a 1-0 win at home to Sunderland. Won 4/5, bar Sean St Ledger (who is out for 6-8 weeks) we have a fully fit squad to choose from for Posh next Saturday and this guy looks quality:

anthonyknockaert.png

Knockaert has pace, flair, a great left foot, a fantastic work rate and is still only 20. He was just awesome in his 45 minutes today, could be a brilliant piece of business.

Hardly vintage' date=' far from it actually, but if we can win when playing as poorly as that I think things are looking bright! :D

Oh yeah, & were top of the league. ;)[/quote']

People better get used to this sight.. looking up at us sitting at the top :P

But yeh fully agreed, poor performance but 3 points in the bag which is all that matters. On another day we could of easily lost that one, then again should have had a stonewall pen... and cant say i was overly impressed with the refs/officals. But hey hoe, couldnt ask for a better start.

Just need to step our game up a bit now, nice to see Marshy looking in such great form tho :)

But yeh fully agreed' date=' poor performance but 3 points in the bag which is all that matters. On another day we could of easily lost that one, then again should have had a stonewall pen... and cant say i was overly impressed with the refs/officals. But hey hoe, couldnt ask for a better start.

Just need to step our game up a bit now, nice to see Marshy looking in such great form tho :)[/quote']

Forgot about the ref, had a shocker as well. Wouldn't have been wrong if Huddersfield had gotten all 3 points.

Performance wise, it can only get better... (apart from Marshall)

Hardly vintage' date=' far from it actually, but if we can win when playing as poorly as that I think things are looking bright! :D

Oh yeah, & were top of the league. ;)[/quote']

But yeh fully agreed' date=' poor performance but 3 points in the bag which is all that matters. On another day we could of easily lost that one, then again should have had a stonewall pen... and cant say i was overly impressed with the refs/officals. But hey hoe, couldnt ask for a better start.

Just need to step our game up a bit now, nice to see Marshy looking in such great form tho :)[/quote']

'Twas an awful game :o Could've gone either way, not sure on the penalty as I wasn't paying that much attention at the time. You could've drawn and been top, nothing to brag about :P

Peterborough at home! Moore has recovered from his facial injury so the defence is nailed on:

Kasper

De Laet - Moore - Morgan - Konchesky

That looks a decent defence to me, Moore is growing into a very talented CB/RB and he'll be okay next to Morgan. Whitbread will go into the side when fit, but he's not there yet so Moore will fill in. Midfield is more difficult to decide. Marshall will start on the right wing and Drinkwater will play in the middle; the other two positions are anyone's guess. Will it be James or Danns alongside Drinkwater? I'd guess James as they've played very well together in the friendlies. On the left wing, will it be Dyer or the new lad, Knockaert? I think Dyer will start and Knockaert will come on, although it's only a matter of time before our french wonderkid is starting.

I'm pretty sure Vardy will start up top, but who will play alongside him? Nugent or Beckford? I'd prefer Nugent as he's a better player and struck up a good partnership with Vardy pre-season, but then again Beckford did too. I think it will be Beckford and Vardy, which should be enough to put a couple past the Posh.

So there's your pre-match build up for Leicester vs Posh! I think we'll beat them 3-1, Vardy, Beckford and Dyer scoring. Come on you Foxes!

I retract all prevouis comments on Neil Warnock and our signings we played very well and looked solid defensively bar White at times but still. Austin was awesome so happy he played as well what I've heard about him. Pearce and Peliter looked solid hopefully Lees can slot into that backline and it'll be very solid. Byram looks a quality little player and kept Jarvis at bay most of the game. We looked confident at the back which was very nice to see with the midfield helping out even Green impressed me during the first half. A few big challenges which is also great to see a few yellow cards other than that it was a solid preformance.

As for Diouf I'm swinging towards saying give him a year but make sure we have a get out clause if he returns to the idiot we all know and hate. Might be useful for us to have a villain in the team who can handle the boo's to take the pressure/spotlight off other players.

Byram looks a quality little player and kept Jarvis at bay most of the game.
He did get beat a couple of times by Jarvis particularly, but more importantly recovered well. If he can keep Jarvis quiet though, he'll keep alot of the wingers in the league relatively quiet.