Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Knocked off the top already.. was good while it lasted :(:P

Oh look, we're above you. Fancy that :P

We beat Posh fairly comfortably today, a thumping Morgan header from a corner and a fantastic King strike secure the win. Liam Moore is an extremely talented CB/RB and is still only 19, we don't often have academy players breaking into the first team so it's brilliant when it happens. Once Whitbread is fit he'll go back to being back-up, but for now he deserves to play alongside Morgan at the heart of the defence.

Bring on Charlton on Tuesday! I'd be happy with a point to be honest, they have a lot of momentum from winning the league last season and 4 points from the first 2 games would be a good start to the season.

Guest Scout Maker

Different season same negative tactics...

How Freedman can expect to sit back and soak up pressure for more than 45 minutes is beyond me...

Typical of Burnley to boo a man that did wonders for them.

I remember Coyle saying something from when Burnley were in the premiership, which was very true and something that I agree with a lot -

"Last year it was God, this year it's Judas. If they're going to get biblical then I should be Moses because I led them out of the wilderness".

Another team get a point out of Derby County when they deserved nothing out of the game.

Shorpe, Sheffield Wednesday, who next.

We need a striker and we need to play Will Hughes behind that striker, seriously the biggest talent i have seen in the championship.

Cannot understand a single fan who claps Diouf. Shocked to see half of Elland Road standing up and applauding him, blokes scum. Id be ashamed to have someone like that at my club.

Makes it even worse that Warnock fully slated Diouf a while back ( and rightly so ) then goes and signs him ?? :confused:

Cannot understand a single fan who claps Diouf. Shocked to see half of Elland Road standing up and applauding him' date=' blokes scum. Id be ashamed to have someone like that at my club.

Makes it even worse that Warnock fully slated Diouf a while back ( and rightly so ) then goes and signs him ?? :confused:[/quote']

At first i felt the same :o

he was booed when he came on against Shrewsbury apparently and there was a mixed reaction yesterday even tho the commentators said he was being applauded. But he's played quite well so far and has obviously shown that he's worth a chance, I think after the problems he had with Ross McCormack last season if Ross is happy enough to play next to him and Diouf preforms to a decent level then why not sign him?

Okay he's very controversial and I hated hearing he was joining us at first but he did well hasn't spat on anyone yet (:P) Personally after giving it thought and watching him yesterday I think it might be a okay idea to offer him a year contract (he's still not signed and is only on a Non-contract Basis at present). We could really do with a villian in are team someone who gets the attention of the opposition supported and can handle the boo's whilst still preforming to a decent level.

Id Say give him a year with a get out clause if he returns to his normal idiotic self and make sure with the other players he's going to be accepted as part of the squad (which tbh after seeing Ross shake his hand when being subbed against Shrewsbury leaves me with no doubt the incident is forgotten) .

He could be useful aswell he filled in well at Right Midfield yesterday and offered Byram good support in playing against Jarvis, Plus he can play up top and looked decent when put in behind Becchio yesterday.

Worth taking a risk on the sewer rat might help us with his experience and also fits our team pretty well in the sense of Dirty Leeds :D

Austin is Beast re watched some of his game yesterday and have to say he should have been MOM imo he was a absolute tank made some good passes, Blocks and his tackle is unbelievable! had two good headers as well which could have found the net had Ikeme not been the Only Wolves player playing to a decent level.

Oh and apparently the potential new owner was at the game yesterday some saudi looking bloke pictured a lot personally I think that with how secretive these new buyers are being it's either Bates trying to trick people into buying season tickets or he was a representative of the potential buyers personally think Its either getting to a end game or there's no deal to be done as this saga has been going on for donkeys now :)

good start to the championship season anyways!

Not really' date=' he was awful down here and completely out of his depth in the Premier League. Championship is probably his level at the moment.[/quote']

Okay well I think its a decent move :o

Derby have sold Davies to Bristol City' date=' and replaced him with Connor Sammon for £1.2m. Not sure if its necessary though. Derby fans will probably tell me otherwise...[/quote']

Well they need someone to put the ball in the net, but I don't think it will be this guy. Derby will be fine again this season, but they really need to show more ambition in the transfer market to push for the PL.

Well they need someone to put the ball in the net' date=' but I don't think it will be this guy. Derby will be fine again this season, but they really need to show more ambition in the transfer market to push for the PL.[/quote']

True, another midtable finish im guessing this year.

Connor Sammon isn't going to be that prolific goalscorer, I think the prolific goalscorer is already at the club in Theo Robinson, he is always improving.

Connor Sammon should be good for the team as a whole as he works tirelessly and can hold up the ball, whilst Davies was a little lazy at time.

I wouldn't have thought Davies would have gone to Bristol though, id have thought he'd have gone somewhere better.

Derby to Bristol will be abit of a shock for him

Everyone name 3 teams who will be promoted and 3 teams who will be relegated...

Promoted:

Bolton

Blackburn

Blackpool

Relegated:

Bristol City

Crystal Palace :(

Peterborough United

........from a Palace fan......

Bolton

Wolves

Leeds

Barnsley

Millwall

Peterborough United

Guest Scout Maker

Promoted:

Bolton

Blackburn

Blackpool

Relegated:

Bristol City

Peterborough United

Can't disagree with you about Palace:

Promoted:

Blackburn

Bolton

Ipswich

Relegated:

Crystal Palace

Bristol City

Charlton

Blackpool tonight for Leeds think that we could do well hopefully Thomas Ince doesn't have a good game as I think he's one of there biggest threats hopefully we can give a good defensive performance like we did at the weekend. Also will be interesting to see how we line up especially in defense off the back of the wolves game with Tom Lees not being started Peltier playing at CB alongside Pearce and Byram taking the Right back position, Hopefully Dury will play tonight would like to see how he does. Paul Green's out for a few weeks after getting injured on the opening day looked pretty nasty when it happened so i'm glad he's not out for longer fully expect Diouf to start in at Right Midfield. Just read that Kevin Phillips is out injured as well thats good news as he's always useful for a goal regardless of his age.

Transfer wise Old Twitter is keeping me wondering... Dave Kitson is apparently on Trial would rather we didn't sign him as then we really would be basically pompy last season. Also bid accepted on Frederic Piquionne along with Brighton according to some West ham sources ... lets hope he goes to Brighton we've just got rid of paynter don't want to replace a donkey with another one. Got a young lad on trial called Antelimi never heard of him but twitter are saying he's a decent young player. Also some people are thinking we're be able to get Nicky Maynard on loan from West Ham to be honest I think it's unlikely but id much prefer him to anyone else we've had linked with us bar Beckford of course but that's not going to happen.

My thoughts on Josh McEachran are that this is the loan move he should of had last season rather than jumping straight in the deep end at Swansea when to be fair he wasn't near PL standard think he'll do well with Boro and then be better suited to a loan move to a team like Swansea or other mid table prem side next season. Rodri to Sheffield Wednesday on loan could be interesting as well.

Edit:

Promoted:

Bolton

Wolves

Leeds

Relegated:

Peterborough

Millwall

Palace

Sammon proving to be a handful at Bolton tonight. Gutted I couldn't make the trip.

Ben Newman, were you at pal? The lad from your gaff, Paul Coutts looks a brilliant signing. Strong, fast feet, vision...

1-0 at half time a Tom Lees header giving us the lead although we are on the back foot and only a superb performance from Paddy Kenny is keeping us in the lead!

Unfourtunatley in the end there finishing improved and showed us up for what we need, dosen't look as if were get anyone in in time and will rely on loans to try and keep us near playoffs

Promoted:

Bolton

Blackburn

Blackpool

Relegated:

Bristol City

Peterborough United

Promoted:

Blackpool

Cardiff