Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Very annoyed we didn't get atleast a point from Charlton. We didn't handle their lumps to Kermo or into the channels for Wright-Phillips to chase and gave away two sloppy goals before HT, giving us a mountain to climb in the second half. Of course Kermorgant scored, as was expected. What a **** to do the 'sshhh' celebration though, you'd think he didn't deserve the abuse.

On came Nugent and Kingy for Beckford (who wasn't too bad but Nugent had to come on) and James (who was poor) at HT and we came out all guns blazing, pulling a goal back in the 50th minute. We proceeded to miss a series of cracking opportunites (Dyer and Vardy the guilty parties) and unfortunately couldn't get that equaliser despite dominating the entire second half. Vardy needs to bulk up a bit, improve his first touch and not need a few chances before putting the ball in the net. Knockaert could be something special, he plays like a kid in a playground and has a huge amount of talent. If nurtered correctly, he could turn into a great player.

So all in all, disappointing but we need to correct the negatives (the sloppy defending) and continue with the positives (the attacking threat and flair in the second half.)

Guest Scout Maker

We're about to complete the signing of Darcy Blake apparently...

Guest Scout Maker

Good defender when he's got a good centre back next to him.

Well he'll be awful for us then...:rolleyes:

Blackburn vs Hull tonight. I predict 1-1 Kazim to score again :)

Petrovic gone now, good riddence. Just hope We'll sort the ones who want out quickly now. Nzonzi, Olsson etc no point keeping them if their mind is somewhere else.

Dissapointed to read Bunn handed in a transfer request. I'd rather see him as our first GK infront of Robinson tbh..

Think we'll struggle this season, atleast as long as Kean is still around.

I see some people expecting Rovers to bounce straight up. I just can't see that happening.. :(

Gutted Darcy's leaving, I think the lads quality. Him & Connolly would have been prefect cover & only taken 2 spaces on the bench.

Tommy Smith should be signing today as well. Not sure what to make of that one. Was good 2 years ago when QPR went up, if he can replicate that sort of form when he plays it could be a clever signing.

Brizzle Saturday. Can't wait to see us play in blue again :o

Gutted Darcy's leaving' date=' I think the lads quality. Him & Connolly would have been prefect cover & only taken 2 spaces on the bench.

Tommy Smith should be signing today as well. Not sure what to make of that one. Was good 2 years ago when QPR went up, if he can replicate that sort of form when he plays it could be a clever signing.

Brizzle Saturday. Can't wait to see us play in blue again :o[/quote']

You guys got great cover i wanted conolly at Leeds to have back up for cb spot really thinkk u guys will challenge blackpool for league

BBC: Championship side Watford sign centre-back Marco Cassetti from Serie A club Udinese on a season-long loan.

He doesn't have a team. Well, he now has Watford.

He was a free agent up until this.

Guest Scout Maker

Steve Parish tweeted earlier we are signing three players today, two are attacking! :D

He confirmed one is Darcy Blake, one of the attackers is rumoured to be Barnsley's Matt Done, and the other one could be anyone...

Guest Scout Maker

The two attacking players were Yannick Bolasie and Andre Moritz.

Bolasie Bristol City's young player of the year last season and Moritz is a Brazilian, scored 5 in 17 for Internacional, then 3 in 4 for Fluminense, then went to the Turkish Leagues.

For crying out loud.

De Javu.

Bossing the game against Shorpe and we end up losing the game.

Bossing the game against Wednesday and we end up drawing the game.

Bossing the game against Wolves and we are losing 1-0.

I just find it absolutely infuriating that we can spend 20 minutes camped in the oppositions half without scoring whilst they spend a couple minutes in ours and grab a goal.

Stupid tactics over the first few games have meant we have less points than our play deserves.

A disgruntled Derby fan..

A lot of money will be coming my way if they do :D

Ince is incredible; such a good talent for his age!

I think he should stay with Blackpool as it is looking like there year so far.

But i think he should leave next season if Blackpool dont get promoted.

Maybe to a small club :)

I think he should stay with Blackpool as it is looking like there year so far.

But i think he should leave next season if Blackpool dont get promoted.

Maybe to a small club :)

Yeah, his dad wants him to stay for another season too. Probably best for him that he doesn't rush straight into a premier league side after two seasons experience (with a bit in the premiership) in the championship. He's young anyway, so we'll have to see what happens. I think a move right now may dent his development a bit...