Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Luciano does the business again grabbing a brace against Peterborough giving us 6 points out of a possible 9 tbh we should really have 7 or 9 if we hadn't done our classic mess up on a tuesday night. Can't be too disappointed with the start to the season could have been much worse :)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luciano does the business again grabbing a brace against Peterborough giving us 6 points out of a possible 9 tbh we should really have 7 or 9 if we hadn't done our classic mess up on a tuesday night. Can't be too disappointed with the start to the season could have been much worse :)

tbh we were good v wolves, blackpool proved we did alright beating ipswich 6-0 although we could of had that iff they scored first the other nigh. Today we should of gone foward while we were in control. Good start but with injuries we could be in trouble we need 3 quality players which i cant see happening unfourtunatley.

tbh we were good v wolves' date=' blackpool proved we did alright beating ipswich 6-0 although we could of had that iff they scored first the other nigh. Today we should of gone foward while we were in control. Good start but with injuries we could be in trouble we need 3 quality players which i cant see happening unfourtunatley.[/quote']

Don't think we're sign anyone, Apparently bates is holding out until after the transfer window to sell the club so looks like we're have to rely on loans again...

Don't think we're sign anyone' date=' Apparently bates is holding out until after the transfer window to sell the club so looks like we're have to rely on loans again...[/quote']

yeh not looking good i dont reckon it will go through at all this year and it never really been close. Warnock said in interview we wont get anyone now till september loans, who i doubt will improve us. He also said that if diouf dosent sign by tuesday hes free agent agent.:(

Great win yesterday, considering we didn't play particularly well. Started quite well, but only really got any fluency in fits and starts. JJ's goal was superb, I really think he benefits having another winger on the opposite flank in Antonio, taking a lot of the focus away from him. However, defensively we look shaky letting in two poor goals in quick succession, and Millwall could have scored more in truth. We've let in two goals in four successive games this season - we can't continue in that vein.

Second half, we applied the majority of the pressure and it paid off with two very scrappy goals from Llera, the first in particular. Scoring a 90th minute winner is always a great feeling, especially when it's been a bit of a scrappy performance.

Very impressed with young Rhys McCabe who we signed from Rangers, looks like he could develop into a very good little player. Rodri was quiet, didn't always get the service he needed, but looked intelligent whenever he got the ball. Give him a few more weeks to settle and I think he'll start banging them in. Chris O'Grady, who was surprisingly dropped today, came on and was brilliant again. I really hope we keep him, because Jones doesn't seem to rate him too highly, when he's a good player to have in the squad certainly.

All in all, 7 points from 9 is an unbelievable start, couldn't be happier!

So Wolves have signed Bakary Sako for nearly 1/4 of the Jarvis fee, and he's on considerably less than Jarvis was on. Top business and they still have about £20m which probably isn't even needed. Still going to be a big season for Wolves and all of these new signings need to bed in and start playing together which may take some time.

So Wolves have signed Bakary Sako for nearly 1/4 of the Jarvis fee' date=' and he's on considerably less than Jarvis was on. Top business and they still have about £20m which probably isn't even needed. Still going to be a big season for Wolves and all of these new signings need to bed in and start playing together which may take some time.[/quote']

I'm sure they dont have 20mil.As I'm sure that Gillingham get a certain % from the Jarvis fee and Burnley get a certain % from the Fletcher fee.

I swear i heard something like that.I think it was on sky sports.

I'm sure they dont have 20mil.As I'm sure that Gillingham get a certain % from the Jarvis fee and Burnley get a certain % from the Fletcher fee.

I swear i heard something like that.I think it was on sky sports.

Read somewhere that of the £24 million received, they were to be left with £18.5 million.

Craig Noone has signed or is putting pen to paper tommorow to move to cardiff city

1.5Mil very happy

Most Brighton fans I've spoken to are very happy with the price and arnt to concerned he's been sold they think there be able to get a better player with the money which is fair enough, good little player think he'll do well at Cardiff!

As for Leeds nothing just hope Diouf gets and year contract and we get 2/3 decent loans in :)

Peterborough duo George Boyd and Paul Taylor have rejected moves to Ipswich after discussing personal terms with the Tractor Boys.

Boyd and Taylor underwent medicals at Portman Road on Wednesday after Ipswich agreed a fee with Posh for the two players believed to be in the region of £1.75million.

Guest Scout Maker

Peterborough duo George Boyd and Paul Taylor have rejected moves to Ipswich after discussing personal terms with the Tractor Boys.

Boyd and Taylor underwent medicals at Portman Road on Wednesday after Ipswich agreed a fee with Posh for the two players believed to be in the region of £1.75million.

Middlesbrough hijacking the deal apparently.

Guest Scout Maker

Palace to make 3/4 transfer deadline day signings.

Aye, you following Richard Crawley and Mark Advertiser Sport on twitter?

Guest Scout Maker

Yeah mate' date=' got it from holmesdale.net tho. Who do u think we will get?[/quote']

Get yourself on the BBS mate, much better than HOL :D

Mark ‏@AdvertiserSport

I believe he is looking to finalise two loan deals and one permanent at the least. That one could be an attacking player. #WaitingGame

Quite a few names being thrown about mate, DJ Campbell, Bothroyd, Forrest, Lita, Wickham someone even mentioned Chamakh and Anichebe. :D

Gutted to miss out on Taylor and Boyd. Taylor had probably the best opposition performance against us at Selhurst last year, and Boyd's a Palace fan who's gone off the boil a bit. Unfortunately when Boro and Ipswich are interested aswell it isn't too hard to see where they will end up...

Ah well, looks like Peterborough have got one relegation place taken then.

Blackburn are to buy Jordan Rhodes before the window ends' date=' according to SSN. Great signing for Blackburn, but a bit too much money if you ask me. Anyway, good player who could do pretty well with the players around him at Blackburn.[/quote']He's having a medical as we speak.

Archived