Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Boyd and Taylor rejected Ipswich, and i cant think why Rhodes would want to go to Blackburn the state there in when he could go to prem anyway good signing for them hopefully he dosen't play saturday. very frutrating not to be signing anyone especially players like these when all we do is sell, have highest prices and turnover rates but anyway.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be a good signing' date=' looks like you need some defenders though.

Apparantly not all is well with Craig Bellamy either.[/quote']

Quality signing, glad the chequebook's out.

& apparently not, hope he can deal with whatever problems he's got & move on from them. :o

Wednesday signed Paul some Irish youngster, Paul Corry, from UCD yesterday. Irish under-21 international and supposedly numerous Premiership clubs have shown an interest in recent months. Hopefully he'll turn into another Irish bargain a la Doyle, Long, Coleman etc.

We've also sent Diogo Amado back to Portugal as he was homesick, he didn't make an appearance. Hoping we can land another couple of signings before the deadline, mainly a centre-back for our leaky defence and maybe a top quality striker.

Wednesday signed Paul some Irish youngster' date=' Paul Corry, from UCD yesterday. Irish under-21 international and supposedly numerous Premiership clubs have shown an interest in recent months. Hopefully he'll turn into another Irish bargain a la Doyle, Long, Coleman etc.[/quote']

Cracking youth Corry is. Good ball carrier and he looks a very solid player. Has impressed me whenever I've seen highlights of UCD. Was very good against Cork City a few weeks back and I was very impressed. Hope he does a job for ye.

Dobbie has come to save Brighton & Hove Albion.

What a signing he'd be for any Championship side, got to the last three play off finals, winning two of them. Surplus to requirments for us, so we need to get him off the wage bill.

Leroy Lita looks like he's going to Crystal Palace on loan next week as well.

There has been a twist in LCFC's extremely dull deadline day, as Beckford goes to Huddersfield...on loan! :eek:

To be perfectly honest, I'm not that bothered. He was never that good for us here, Vardy and Nugent are the first choice partnership and we don't really want a 3rd choice striker sitting on the bench for £25-30k a week. Could potentially leave us short up top but Nigel is the master of the loan market, having previously signed Tom Cleverly, Mark Davies and Jay Spearing for us.

There could potentially be a view to a permanent transfer, where I'm sure we'd recoup of fair chunk of the fee we paid. At least we're trying to become financially stable again, it was never a good idea to let Sven run amok, chucking handfulls of cash at players to try to get them here.

Guest Scout Maker

David Goodwillie joins us on a six month loan.

Not sure how to feel, we've been crying out for a striker but Goodwillie hasn't done that well at Blackburn, mind he hasn't really been given much of a chance. He's better than Easter/Appiah/Wilbraham and probably better than Murray too. Andy Dorman did very well in Scotland then came to us and was awful, coincidentally he's left the club today.

Oh and Wilf is staying! :D

Watford got 5 more loans in today! gotta love that Pozzo family.

Jean-Alain Fanchone

Joel Ekstrand

Neuton

Fernando Forestieri

plus the young Chelsea CB starlet Chalobalah

already there Pudil (Granada) Mujangi Bia (Standard) & Udinese's Abdi, Beleck, Cassetti, Battocchio, Geijo & Vydra...

13 loanees....thought there was a limit??

All u guys making me jealous what a depressing day it was yesterday for us. We got 10 new signings maybe 11 with diouf but despite looking better at the back have no real depth and may have to rely on youth. Upfront we really have nothing if becchio gets injured we either bring mccormack higher up the pitch or we have super Andy Gray. 4 months this takeover has meant to be imminent.:rolleyes:

Watford got 5 more loans in today! gotta love that Pozzo family.

Jean-Alain Fanchone

Joel Ekstrand

Neuton

Fernando Forestieri

plus the young Chelsea CB starlet Chalobalah

already there Pudil (Granada) Mujangi Bia (Standard) & Udinese's Abdi' date=' Beleck, Cassetti, Battocchio, Geijo & Vydra...

13 loanees....thought there was a limit??[/quote']

only a certain amount in first 11 i believe might not help u guys with this amount we had players such as townsend, bannan, livermore on loans but they didnt really care to much

13 loanees....thought there was a limit??

International loans don't count, Donny did a similar thing (but on a lesser scale) last season.

I think it's because with international loans the club has to take over the contract and so in effect have signed the player (just with an agreement that he'll resign for his parent club) and I believe this is also the reason why you can't make international loans outside of the TF window.

Im pretty happy with Derbys business this transfer window.

Brought in some excellent talent and we really aren't far away now.

I'd like a season loan of Adam le Fondre as we'll still be short of that poacher and also an older head in midfield so that we dont concede leads so often.

Most likely not enough quality to mount any challenge this year but with Bryson, Hendrick, Jacobs, Hughes, Freeman, Mark O'brien all improving year on year it won't be long before we are competing for the top spots again. :).

And guess what, we are doing it without throwing money around like its going out of fashion like the neighbors surrounding us.

Great to see us back to winning ways with the 1-0 win against Blackpool yesterday, we probably edged it in the end. Don't think the penalty was a penalty, but the challenge on Dyer two minutes previously certainly was. It's great that we kept a clean sheet against the free scoring league leaders, and it was crucial to go into the International break with a win.

It's finally beginning to click, we're playing some fantastic football with a mixture of youth and experience, we just need to take more of our chances. Next up is Wolves away in 14 days, again on Sky. Looking forward to it as we're good enough to go there and win. UTF!

Archived