Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Nice to see Leeds hire the ref as the 12th man today. Horrible stuff.

To be fair' date=' Forest were awful in the first half, but the second half performance warranted a draw at the very least.[/quote']

Makes a change from the Cardiff game then. :)

'bout time Leeds had some luck. MOT

Disgraceful how Blackburn fans have forced Kean out.

I like Blackburn' date=' but they've lost some of my respect over the whole thing.[/quote']

Disgraceful how he could've stayed so long with all the lies and the fact that he doesn't know the first thing about tactics.

The problems lies far deeper in the club then just a useless manager with no selfrespect tho.

Will be interesting to see who's up to the task of managing Blackburn under Venkys. The list of qualified managers can't be too long..

I wonder what role Kean will get now tho, considering he's signed by the agency who practically runs the club..

To be continued..

Looked sublime when he came on against Wolves on Sky.

He's a fantastic player and, whether it's with us or somebody else, he will be in the Premier League next season. He thinks too quick for the rest of the team, the amount of times he loses the ball because he plays a brilliant pass that no one reads. He's got plenty of learn, of course, but he has huge potential and flair. Why he's playing for us I have no idea :)

How has Knockaert been doing in the Championship? I was shocked to see him move to championship as he could have easily got top league football, but he still gets selected to les bleuets. That makes me imagine he is doing something pretty good there, because the coaches of les bleuets don't regularly go to watch championship football so he must do something special to be noticed. Unless they select him still for a while just from the old memory.

How has Knockaert been doing in the Championship? I was shocked to see him move to championship as he could have easily got top league football' date=' but he still gets selected to les bleuets. That makes me imagine he is doing something pretty good there, because the coaches of les bleuets don't regularly go to watch championship football so he must do something special to be noticed. Unless they select him still for a while just from the old memory.[/quote']

Have you read this page at all?

He has been fantastic, got so much talent and quite frankly I'm amazed we have him. He didn't start the first few games, with our manager letting him settle in first. He tended to be given 30 minute spells, and even then it was obvious that he was immensely talented. He is one of the main reasons that we've suddenly picked up form. He's started the last four league matches for us and we've won them all. He's playing with freedom because we have two sitting midfielders, and he really makes us tick. If the strikers could finish he'd have a lot more assists than he does now. We strolled past Huddersfield 2-0 on Tuesday and he got both the goals, both of which are just fantastic. Here they are:

zHF4qWUDXac

We'll hold on to him in January I'm sure, but he'll be in the Premier League next season, hopefully with us. He still has a lot to learn as he can be a bit petulant and greedy at times, but the great thing about our manager is that he instills a fantastic work ethic into the players. He'll improve both on the pitch and off the pitch under Pearson, that's for sure.

How has Knockaert been doing in the Championship? I was shocked to see him move to championship as he could have easily got top league football' date=' but he still gets selected to les bleuets. That makes me imagine he is doing something pretty good there, because the coaches of les bleuets don't regularly go to watch championship football so he must do something special to be noticed. Unless they select him still for a while just from the old memory.[/quote']

68.gif

;):P.........................

Have you read this page at all?

No I had not. I just opened the thread and posted my question. Wouldn't have imagined that you have just recently had a choir praise of Knockaert going on here. Now that you mention' date=' yeah, I notice I had my answer there.

He has been fantastic, got so much talent and quite frankly I'm amazed we have him. He didn't start the first few games, with our manager letting him settle in first. He tended to be given 30 minute spells, and even then it was obvious that he was immensely talented. He is one of the main reasons that we've suddenly picked up form. He's started the last four league matches for us and we've won them all. He's playing with freedom because we have two sitting midfielders, and he really makes us tick. If the strikers could finish he'd have a lot more assists than he does now.

I know he is talented. Good to hear he has got it well there too. When changing club, let alone country, there's always the possibility that something goes wrong. Fortunately Championship and Ligue 2 aren't so different. Very physical game, bit of fear of death driving the competition. Ligue 2 has more of that fear though, I suppose (for the relegated teams go to National, which is not even a properly professional league; so the Ligue 2 is like the purgatory, between the "heaven" of Ligue 1 and the hell of National, a relegation may cost jobs to many, promotion wins huge pay rises).

We strolled past Huddersfield 2-0 on Tuesday and he got both the goals, both of which are just fantastic. Here they are:

zHF4qWUDXac

Now that you mention this, I recall these were in francefootball.fr recently. What I picked from it is that Knockaert seems to have gained some muscle. He has always been quite strong built guy for an AM, but now just the way he moves gives you impression that he has lifted some weights. His movement doesn't look as fast and agile anymore. Maybe it's just that this current clip has neither runs to the ball in open space nor dribbles, so it doesn't actually show whether he still can be fast with the ball.

We'll hold on to him in January I'm sure, but he'll be in the Premier League next season, hopefully with us. He still has a lot to learn as he can be a bit petulant and greedy at times, but the great thing about our manager is that he instills a fantastic work ethic into the players. He'll improve both on the pitch and off the pitch under Pearson, that's for sure.

Maybe. Knockaert loves showboating and really is greedy for goals, but he has always seemed like a guy to whom the community, the team, the "us" is very important, a guy who does very well with his team mates. At least that's the impression you got from him in Guingamp.

How long has Lee Clark got left? Watched them today and they looked very poor, lack bite and don't seem to do much. I rated him at Huddersfield but have seen him at Birmingham I'm not to sure. I'm really enjoying the Championship this year, have no affiliations, so just love watching such a open league.

Shearer for Blackburn?! Also Keane is a possibility, not sure either would be a good appointment personally.