Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Winning even when we ain't playing well' date=' sign of champions surely!?[/quote']

Dont get a head of yourself, this is Cardiff you're talking about you find someway to do yourselfs over :P. However, I would love Cardiff to go up with all the Scottish connections, Big Kev still solid?

I honestly think this is our year, we have strength in depth all over (maybe except defence). Think we won tonight without Bellamy, Maynard, Smith & Mucth, all first teamers.

Super Kev is solid at the back as ever, managed to nab a photo with him the other week when Frankie Boyle was in Cardiff :D if he could pass he'd playing premiership football already but we all know that. :P great at the back, but his distribution lets him down on times, I think all wingers dread facing him mind!

Comfortably strolled past Bristol City yesterday to make it 5 wins on the spin and 5/5 at home. The team is looking extremely solid atm, the defence is solid, the midfield dominates games, we create tonnes of chances and have got goalscoring strikers. We weren't fantastic yesterday, but we won and limited them to very, very little which is what matters. Good to have the international break now, we have a couple of knocks and some players look like they need to rest. Fantastic to be sitting in second, it's been a very good start to the season.

No I had not. I just opened the thread and posted my question. Wouldn't have imagined that you have just recently had a choir praise of Knockaert going on here. Now that you mention' date=' yeah, I notice I had my answer there.

I know he is talented. Good to hear he has got it well there too. When changing club, let alone country, there's always the possibility that something goes wrong. Fortunately Championship and Ligue 2 aren't so different. Very physical game, bit of fear of death driving the competition. Ligue 2 has more of that fear though, I suppose (for the relegated teams go to National, which is not even a properly professional league; so the Ligue 2 is like the purgatory, between the "heaven" of Ligue 1 and the hell of National, a relegation may cost jobs to many, promotion wins huge pay rises).[/quote']

Yes, that's probably why Pearson gave him time to settle in. He did an interview on Wednesday and his English isn't too bad, as we eased him in, gave him time to settle, learn the basics of the language (if he didn't already) and got used to the new culture. I don't know much about the French leagues but the division below the Championship isn't like that, plenty of big teams have spent time down there recently and it's a very competitive division.

Now that you mention this' date=' I recall these were in francefootball.fr recently. What I picked from it is that Knockaert seems to have gained some muscle. He has always been quite strong built guy for an AM, but now just the way he moves gives you impression that he has lifted some weights. His movement doesn't look as fast and agile anymore. Maybe it's just that this current clip has neither runs to the ball in open space nor dribbles, so it doesn't actually show whether he still can be fast with the ball.[/quote']

He would've had to, the Championship is a strong, physical league and lightweight players will get pushed around. He's never looked lightning here but he's got quick feet and a footballing brain, which makes up for a slight lack of pace.

Maybe. Knockaert loves showboating and really is greedy for goals' date=' but he has always seemed like a guy to whom the community, the team, the "us" is very important, a guy who does very well with his team mates. At least that's the impression you got from him in Guingamp. [/quote']

He's not looked that bad here, like I said he sometimes holds the ball for too long but it's not often that he chooses to shoot when he should've passed. So far he's been a fantastic team player, had another cracking game yesterday and is an integral part of the team. Long may it continue :)

So Coyle has gone from Bolton! Can't say I'm surprised, they were rubbish last season and haven't been much better this season.

How's this for an interesting fact though: The last THREE managers (Coyle, SGE and Brendan Rodgers) to sign Matt Mills have all been sacked soon afterwards.

Technically Rodgers left by mutual consent, but he would've been sacked if he hadn't. Coincidence? I think not!

So Coyle has gone from Bolton! Can't say I'm surprised' date=' they were rubbish last season and haven't been much better this season.

How's this for an interesting fact though: The last THREE managers (Coyle, SGE and Brendan Rodgers) to sign Matt Mills have all been sacked soon afterwards.

Technically Rodgers left by mutual consent, but he would've been sacked if he hadn't. Coincidence? I think not![/quote']

Well Rodgers signed Matt Mills for something like £300k and they ended up selling him for £5 million so it was hardly a bad signing.

Be interesting to see who Bolton replace Coyle with, they were a bit daft not selling Mark Davies for £6 million and reinvesting that in to their squad rather than just refusing to sell.

Well Rodgers signed Matt Mills for something like £300k and they ended up selling him for £5 million so it was hardly a bad signing.

Be interesting to see who Bolton replace Coyle with' date=' they were a bit daft not selling Mark Davies for £6 million and reinvesting that in to their squad rather than just refusing to sell.[/quote']

Just pointing out an interesting coincidence, no need to be a douche about it.

:)

He would've had to' date=' the Championship is a strong, physical league and lightweight players will get pushed around. He's never looked lightning here but he's got quick feet and a footballing brain, which makes up for a slight lack of pace.[/quote']

You know, Ligue 2 is extremely physical as well. The fear of going down to National makes it close to war sometimes. Very physical football, close to fighting sometimes - in fact, sometimes there are fights.

Concerning Knockaert, as I said, he has never been lightweight, always a bit burly for a footballer, but he impressed with his pace and dribbles in Ligue 2. For example, watch this video:

At about 2:45 and 5:00 it shows how smooth he runs and dribbles with the ball. And you can see he is not thin there either.

And on this video, for example, you can see his pace and movement in the sprint at 0:10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCtKa6Uy0V0&feature=related

And here, match highlights against Metz last season.

At 1:05 he is a bit lucky with the goal, but it is preceded by a powerful run. At 1:35 a very nice movement to make it 3-0.

Here the match against Arlès from last season.

http://video.fr.msn.com/watch/video/ac-arles-avignon-ea-guingamp/1y1cql1hh

He assists Guingamp's both goals. They're quite at the end of the video as these were late goals, but the first one should again show that his movement is really good, not only intelligent, but smooth and fast. Nice dribble and cross to set up the goal at about 3:50. The second assist is just an intelligent one touch lob over the defence. Was involved elsewhere too and the video is wort watching. his number is 24.

I really hope he does keep that technicality and pace in his game and doesn't turn into a "power forward".

Nice to hear he is doing well, anyway.

Good win for Leeds on saturday don't know how though first time we got lucky with descions. Break come at a excellent time shall look foward to recoviring injuries. Takeover still ongoing but hoping that maybe we can have some funds for January. Linked to Ryan Hall from southend with a view to a permenant move, linked to blackpool who have some great wingers so must be decent:)

Eddie Howe's returned to Bournemouth, along with his assistant manager.

To be honest, when I saw that Bournemouth had parted way with their manager I had a feeling they'd be back for Howe. Not surprised he left Burnley, or that they let him go. Seemed a good fit when he was brought in, but they didn't improve.

Interested to see who Burnley draft in now.

For those of you who don't have him on Facebook, Shack's misses has given birth to his daughter :)

Congratulations Shacky!!

I hope Super Charlie leaves Burnley now that Howe is gone. Along with Trippier and Mee.

It's actually ridiculous how many goals Austin has scored so far this season. 15 so far and we're in mid-October. Insane.

Mee was a good player when here, tough little cookie.

shame we didnt sign austin a few years back were always linked to players who go onto become very good players. eg. lambert and holt.

Bates would never have forked out the 1mil it took to get Lambert from Bristol Rovers. Holt before Norwich only had 1 decent season and that was in League 2.

Absolute scum bag. There's no place for that in football. As much as people say it is 'more than just a game', at the end of the day it is only a game. I'm sure he'll be caught and given the punishment he deserves.

As Aaron said, it's a shame that a brilliant goal was overshadowed by one idiot. I know Leeds are a club that are well known for causing trouble, but some idiots will now label every single Leeds fan as scum, which really isn't true. Take Aaron himself for example.

Edit: The mans name is Aaron Cawley, and he is a completely different Aaron to the one I was talking about above :P

It's not the first time he's been in trouble either...

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Football-fan-says-m-hooligan-ban-breach/story-13251413-detail/story.html

Don't drop the soap, buddy :)