Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

This weekend of fixtures really should help the Albion against Reading. Except they are on good form lately, I'd be happy with a draw! :D

But either way, any result from Newcastle v Forest and the Albion benefit from it, I'm stuck which way I want it to go, depends how the Baggies do against the Royals.

This weekend of fixtures really should help the Albion against Reading. Except they are on good form lately' date=' I'd be happy with a draw! :D

But either way, any result from Newcastle v Forest and the Albion benefit from it, I'm stuck which way I want it to go, depends how the Baggies do against the Royals.[/quote']

If I was a WBA fan I would say Forest defeat. Promotion is all that matters! :P

it was all down to our pressure play. lol.

After getting in the ground and seeing the team sheet i wasnt so sure but chris porter looked really good, very dangerous and should start the next game.

barker was again brilliant with deano putting in a good shift at right back.

did you notice on the team sheet they spelt it tonguie. lol

Newcastle 1-0 down.

Domicnic green on 11 mins. Think hoting up at the top.

Boro wining 1-0 Ex-celtic Scott Mcdonald.

Bristol City 1-1 Nottm Forest

Coventry 0-1 Derby

Doncaster 0-0 Plymouth

Ipswich 0-0 Reading

Middlesbrough 1-0 Crystal Palace

Peterborough 1-0 Newcastle

Preston 0-1 Watford

QPR 1-0Sheff Wed

Sheff Utd 0-0 Barnsley

Newcastle 1-0 down.

Domicnic green on 11 mins. Think hoting up at the top.

Boro wining 1-0 Ex-celtic Scott Mcdonald.

Bristol City 1-1 Nottm Forest

Coventry 0-1 Derby

Doncaster 0-0 Plymouth

Ipswich 0-0 Reading

Middlesbrough 1-0 Crystal Palace

Peterborough 1-0 Newcastle

Preston 0-1 Watford

QPR 1-0Sheff Wed

Sheff Utd 0-0 Barnsley

1-1 Now,2 goals away from the Premier League!!!

Plymouth slide towards yet another defeat' date=' and it had to be Coppinger with the goal for Doncaster :D

edit:

Why did I post that lol[/quote']

Yes George, why did you post that?! It's getting far too close for comfort at the bottom. I'm really not looking forward to facing Palace on the last day of the season.

looks like the new Bristol City manager could very well be steve coppell,

if it is thats a good appointment

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/tm_headline=steve-coppell-in-talks-with-bristol-city-over-manager-role&method=full&objectid=22160857&siteid=93463-name_page.html

Steve Coppell in talks with Bristol City over manager role

Tom Hopkinson

Steve Coppell has held talks with Bristol City about becoming their new manager - after the Championship club had a bizarre approach from Sven Goran Eriksson.

Eriksson's representatives were in contact with City chiefs before the former England boss took up a more lucrative offer with the Ivory Coast at the World Cup.

Now former Reading manager Coppell is a front-runner for the Ashton Gate job - although City are in no rush to find a permanent replacement for Gary Johnson before the summer.

Gary Johnson to be new peterborough boss during the coming week,

good news for peterborough fans as he is an excellent lower league manager

good luck to him

looks like the new Bristol City manager could very well be steve coppell' date='

if it is thats a good appointment

Gary Johnson to be new peterborough boss during the coming week,

good news for peterborough fans as he is an excellent lower league manager

good luck to him[/quote']

Two potentially cracking appointments for either club if those come off.

We're streaming on the BBC website today apparently, which is a result. Can go up if Forest fail to win and we do our part by beating Watford, would be nice to get that out the way and confirm it.

I had such a terrible feeling that WBA would win and gain promotion before us and we would lose tonight.

Now, WBA cant it makes me feel slightly better. Still think we will flop tonight though.

HAWAY THE LADS!!

I can see Preston being relegated. Darren Fergusons record so far is terrible. Had he not been a new manager' date=' he would have been sacked. Which brings me back to the question, 'Why was Alan Irvine sacked?'[/quote']

Pretty hard for you to go down this season? thought you were in midtable and doing ok. Acutally you could so what is your record under Fergie Junior

So Newcastle could go up.

And the Posh are down what a distarous season it has been for them

At least the Swans won to bounce back from derby day deaft :P

I can see Preston being relegated. Darren Fergusons record so far is terrible. Had he not been a new manager' date=' he would have been sacked. Which brings me back to the question, 'Why was Alan Irvine sacked?'[/quote']

Should have enough points in the bank, but it looks like being a high total this season. Agree 100% on Irvine though, ridiculous decision.

Not sure what to make of that game, pretty poor overall but you have to admire the character in the team to score another late goal. And Mulumbu's absolute refusal to give up the ball in the build up to the goal was great.

Should have enough points in the bank' date=' but it looks like being a high total this season. Agree 100% on Irvine though, ridiculous decision.

Not sure what to make of that game, pretty poor overall but you have to admire the character in the team to score another late goal.[/quote']

5 points ahead of Sheff Wed last time I checked, ironically managed by Irvine.

Pretty hard for you to go down this season? thought you were in midtable and doing ok. Acutally you could so what is your record under Fergie Junior

So Newcastle could go up.

And the Posh are down what a distarou season it has been for them

At least the Swans won to bounce back from derby day deaft :P

Were always likely to be relegated tbh, and if they do get Johnson as their new manager then they'll do well in League 1 next year. Hopefully they'll get to see the real St James Park. ;)

As for Preston.. Ferguson's had a successful start in the lower leagues but has shown he isn't good enough yet for the Championship. Simple as that imo..

As for Preston.. Ferguson's had a successful start in the lower leagues but has shown he isn't good enough yet for the Championship. Simple as that imo..

and he's lived a bit off his dad's name too

5 points ahead of Sheff Wed last time I checked' date=' ironically managed by Irvine.[/quote']

I always thought low 50's was the benchmark for staying up. I'd guess one more win will see Preston safe. Be interesting to see what happens in the summer, Ferguson has a lot to prove.

Absolutely disastrous result today and in no way did we deserve to lose. Grant made two or three goods saves in the first half, but Bristol City did nothing until they scored. We dominated the second half and held an almighty amount of possession but didn't have the quality to create many good chances, despite working countless brilliant positions. Had a stonewall penalty turned down by the referee in the second half as well, who had a bit of a shocker. Purse laid the ball back to someone just inside the area and as the ball went, Purse got scythed down by a City defender. Honestly couldn't believe he didn't give it - I don't think I've ever flipped out so much at a referee before. Five minutes later, Maynard shrugged off a couple of half-hearted challenges to score a crushing goal out of nothing. We were very poor in terms of quality today, but on the balance of play, we deserved a point at the very least, if not all three. A win for Palace is devastating, but at least good old Brunty managed to save us some face with a late equaliser against Watford. But I really fear for our Championship status now.

Great 3-0 win to get some confidence into the side after Saturday's defeat

:)

We went out in seatch of an early goal and almost got it, a long throw flicked on by Kuqi but Bauza didn't have the quality to finish.

Then we did score, a flick on once again by Kuqi finished off by loanee David Edgar for his first Swansea goal.

Then into the second half and early on it was 2-0, a scramble in the six yard box wacked into the net by Ashley Williams.

Kuqi then finished off, terrible defending allowing Kuqi a one on one. Beating Murphy for his 4th since joining the Swans.

Comfortable win, but after the game all the chants were towards Dorus De Vries. Didn't have a shot to save, so why the signing? Well that clean sheet was his 23rd of the season, the most in any of britain and i'm not sure if any keeper across the globe has a similar record to De Vries.

This clean sheat in particular was the one to break the club record, previously held by Roger Freestone but Freestone held it in the old Divison 3 (League 2) with De Vries breaking it in the Championship.

He has at least 5 games to extend this record, possibly up to 8 including potential play-off ties.

1233087688_spt_ai_swansea_preston_02.jpg