Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

How are Forest playing? Cracking result this weekend but you're currently lounging in mid-table. Still very early of course but I thought you'd be higher.

I can't complain with the way we are playing to be honest. With the exception of the Leeds game, i'd say we've dominated most of the games so far. Playing pretty football, and creating a LOT of chances, but our biggest problems is burying games.

We just seem to struggle in actually converting our chances, and with the attacking talent we have on board, it's very frustrating.

So far we've got the 3rd best defensive record in the league, and we've only lost 2 games out of 11 which is least games lost in the league joint with Blackburn, so yeah very frustrating lol. Tough game away at Blackpool for us next, so a positive result is needed.

Remember, we're only 5 points off the top, and we still have to play you boys. Tasty!

I can't complain with the way we are playing to be honest. With the exception of the Leeds game' date=' i'd say we've dominated most of the games so far. Playing pretty football, and creating a LOT of chances, but our biggest problems is burying games.

We just seem to struggle in actually converting our chances, and with the attacking talent we have on board, it's very frustrating.

So far we've got the 3rd best defensive record in the league, and we've only lost 2 games out of 11 which is least games lost in the league joint with Blackburn, so yeah very frustrating lol. Tough game away at Blackpool for us next, so a positive result is needed.

Remember, we're only 5 points off the top, and we still have to play you boys. Tasty![/quote']

Sounds pretty similar to us to be honest. The midfield is the best I've seen in a few years, Drinkwater is a top player and Kingy is back to his best. We should've scored more than we have done though, Vardy is still adjusting to the league and Nugent isn't prolific.

Point would be a good result at Blackpool I suppose, but I don't think they're as strong as last season so you could nick a win. 5 points behind us you mean! Can't wait, I know our rivalry isn't like Derby and Forest but I still look forward to the games more than others.

We have Brighton at home tonight, fancy us to win as we're at home and our home form, again, is top notch. Love that about Nigel, one thing we're guaranteed when he's in charge is Filbert Way being a fortress.

Bye Bye Dougie' date=' and there I was thinking loyalty was still in football...:rolleyes:[/quote']

cant believe he left thought he was a legend for u guys.

as for us well that was embarissing warnock will have to eat up words of never seeing a leeds team playing that bad again while he was here. 4games where simpy had it been a better team we were playing we wouldnt be seventh.

discraceful perfomance from us again today against 6bottom teams we havent deserved anything no creativity, pace, they struggle to pass the ball and have one tactic hoofing the ball to becchio who can't do anything surrounded. how our team has gone down in 2years honestly worried if this takeover dosen't go through.:(

Another win at Fortress CCS.

Austin didn't get a sniff all day. We hit the post twice and another time just before the first goal.

& to think that win was without Smith, Bellamy, Mutch & Maynard. So much depth in our squad compared to last year!

We're top of the league, we're top of the leeeeeeeeeeeeeeague, we're Cardiff City, we're top of the league! :D

Bye Bye Dougie' date=' and there I was thinking loyalty was still in football...:rolleyes:[/quote']

Not sure if you still feel this way, but you shouldn't. He struck me as a bloke that would only leave for a club that he felt would be a greater all round set-up. Not taking away from Palace, but Bolton have the potential to get promoted, Palace don't.

Dyche to Burnley? Not sure what to make of that if it happens.

Guest Scout Maker

How disloyal of him to only play 360 games and manage 90 games for you...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh yeh' date=' Leicester 1-0 Brighton. That should please you ;)[/quote']

Went to a bigger and better club and also left them in a fit state for a new manager. You can't hold a grudge
Not sure if you still feel this way' date=' but you shouldn't. He struck me as a bloke that would only leave for a club that he felt would be a greater all round set-up. Not taking away from Palace, but Bolton have the potential to get promoted, Palace don't.

Dyche to Burnley? Not sure what to make of that if it happens.[/quote']

I still view him as a legend for his actions as a player, if he hadn't had scored a last minute winner against Stockport in 2001 when we were in admin who knows if we would even be a club today. What really annoys me is the fact that the Friday before he left he openly came out in response to the Bolton rumors and said he wasn't the type of guy to leave a job half-done, then he leaves three days later. Plus he's been spouting on to players like Zaha and Williams how you should stay and not be tempted by the money, then his first offer and he buggers off.

If he had left to say even a Premier League club then fair enough, but Bolton? Really? A team we just outplayed and beat a matter of weeks ago, and in my opinion we have a bigger chance of getting promoted than them, but hey-ho, the longer we're under everyone's radar, the better. Then he claims it wasn't for the money, ok then Dougie.

Not to mention he's already been linked with McCarthy and Jedinak in January...

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/021112-wolves-fixture-rescheduled-462238.aspx

I'm sorry, hold on a minute. We're playing on a Thursday?? A in Thursday???? Who plays on a Thursday? The weekends are for football, a Friday I can just about deal with but a Thursday? It's still the middle of the week for **** sake, and now I can't go. Cheers Sky.

Also, it means we're going from the 22nd December to 18th February without a Saturday home game, and 13 days before the Wolves game, we have Middlesbrough at home, which is a Friday night. Brilliant.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/021112-wolves-fixture-rescheduled-462238.aspx

I'm sorry' date=' hold on a minute. We're playing on a Thursday?? A in Thursday???? Who plays on a Thursday? The weekends are for football, a Friday I can just about deal with but a Thursday? It's still the middle of the week for **** sake, and now I can't go. Cheers Sky.

Also, it means we're going from the 22nd December to 18th February without a Saturday home game, and 13 days before the Wolves game, we have Middlesbrough at home, which is a Friday night. Brilliant.[/quote']

Oh c'mon Jon, midweek football isn't that bad. :)

Ian Holloway has accepted the managerial role at Crystal Palace' date=' meaning he will leave Blackpool.

:confused:

Great appointment for Palace like.[/quote']

Was a fan of Holloway but didnt want to be associated with those donkey lashing tangerines, so this has made my day!

Ian Holloway has accepted the managerial role at Crystal Palace' date=' meaning he will leave Blackpool.

:confused:

Great appointment for Palace like.[/quote']

I can understand why he's done it, he was having to work miracles to assemble the team he did at Blackpool. The wages that the likes of Ince and Phillips were on were very low, even for the Championship and it wasn't going to be long before they were sold to Premier League sides and he wasn't going to be given any money to replace them with.

At Palace they have got money, no debt, a good side, a good acadamy and are a side that are far more likely to establish themselves as a Premier League club.

Ian Holloway was one of the main reasons why i like Blackpool. Hopefully he can achieve what he has at Blackpool and can emulate the short success of Freedman - who i really like and hope that he will also do well at Bolton. It will be interesting to see Palace develop under Holloway though.