Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Oh c'mon Jon' date=' midweek football isn't that bad. :)[/quote']

it is for us!

anyway last night we were extremely poor again how it wasn't 6/7 michael brown shouldnt be a footballer. we need a cm who can actually pass e.g boyd, pace down the flanks, a cb with experience e.g clint hill, and a young striker, e.g craig davies. then i might think we have a slight chance

didn't expect hollaway to go to palace liked blackpool and there players very much dont expect them to go up now. however if any of my m8s have a team in our league i dont want them to do well and unfourtunatley they might well do that now. also ipswich getting mccarthy worries me that were the worst out of my m8s and my teams

didn't expect hollaway to go to palace liked blackpool and there players very much dont expect them to go up now. however if any of my m8s have a team in our league i dont want them to do well and unfourtunatley they might well do that now. also ipswich getting mccarthy worries me that were the worst out of my m8s and my teams

I could see palace getting promoted this season. Ipswich should be stating up now as well IMO

Talking of embarising wow yesterday was 6-1 to an average team. the only player that gives any effort out for the season by the looks of it with a double broken leg, get well rudy. and apparently now there is another bid coming in which means the takeover goes on if its not done by january, we might even go down because were not good enough. and if we do then theres no way back:(

It's great to see that Nugent is still bossing the championship :D

He's having a great season so far, really fancy him for 20 goals this season. He was nailed on for a hattrick yesterday but his neck was still playing up from last week so he got taken off after half an hour. Shame really.

Ipswich were an embarrassment :o

when he was at portsmouth he was useless. suprised how well hes doing anyway not looking foward to today as takeover saga drags on

Think Warnock has lost that golden touch but tbh its earlyish yet:o bad run of results really thought we would do it this year hope this investment happens soon but look at QPR:eek:Diouf has been good and is playing for the badge:cool: but we need better players.

Think Warnock has lost that golden touch but tbh its earlyish yet:o bad run of results really thought we would do it this year hope this investment happens soon but look at QPR:eek:Diouf has been good and is playing for the badge:cool: but we need better players.

i agree yesterday was awful again although it doesnt help when the players are instructed not to pass and the constant fouling we do is annoying. Michael Browns back next week :(

when he was at portsmouth he was useless. suprised how well hes doing anyway not looking foward to today as takeover saga drags on

Aye' date=' great player for us though. My favourite Preston player in my lifetime as a football fan. I seem to remember that Redknapp transfer listed him at Pompey pretty much as soon as they got him. Shame really, he could have been a great player in the premiership. He still could be, but his confidence was definitely at its highest back then.

I'm sure you'll remember this beauty? ;)

[center']

huDIkjWT8bk

[/center]

It didn't really mean much in the end (over the two legs), but whatever :P

Aye' date=' great player for us though. My favourite Preston player in my lifetime as a football fan. I seem to remember that Redknapp transfer listed him at Pompey pretty much as soon as they got him. Shame really, he could have been a great player in the premiership. He still could be, but his confidence was definitely at its highest back then.

[/quote']

I don't think that Nugent and Redknapp ... got on very well (to split up two hyperlinks :P)

I'm sure he can play in the Premier League again, but it's either going to take great form with us and a lower PL club to take a chance on him or for us to make the PL in the next season or two for that to come. He's had 15 or so great months here where he's scored 25 in 67, so goals per game he's in the best form of his life. His confidence should be sky high now, he's got the best fans in the world behind him, a manager who has faith in him as our number 1 hitman, a team providing him with plenty of chances and Sean to share Nando's with just round the corner from the ground, what more could he want?

As for goals, check these (2.25 + 3.13):

lgBSS2F3drA&feature=related

I don't think that Nugent and Redknapp ... got on very well (to split up two hyperlinks :P)

I'm sure he can play in the Premier League again' date=' but it's either going to take great form with us and a lower PL club to take a chance on him or for us to make the PL in the next season or two for that to come. He's had 15 or so great months here where he's scored 25 in 67, so goals per game he's in the best form of his life. His confidence should be sky high now, he's got the best fans in the world behind him, a manager who has faith in him as our number 1 hitman, a team providing him with plenty of chances and Sean to share Nando's with just round the corner from the ground, what more could he want?

As for goals, check these (2.25 + 3.13):

[center']

lgBSS2F3drA&feature=related

[/center]

I agree, I think he could still have a chance at the big time. As for your other points, they can do nothing but help him. But you also have to remember, he had/was all of those things here too. Even with the Nando's point :P He was going to be the man that got us to the PL, but we were never the same when he left, hense we started to slip a few seasons after that. We never really spent the money we got for him and we still had the people who supplied him with chances in the previous years, but not the same hitman in the middle. We never really had that big name striker in the team once he left (I guess you could literally class Parkin as that, but...). Up until Hume that is.

I'm blabbing, but yeah, I hope you go up this season anyway :)

As for the goals, another two quality finishes there. The goal I posted is still one of my favourites to date. Even though it didn't have much relevance over the two legs in that play offs, it was just a belter to kick it all off. Messi-esque like :D

Sigh, I miss the championship :(

I agree' date=' I think he could still have a chance at the big time. As for your other points, they can do nothing but help him. But you also have to remember, he had/was all of those things here too. Even with the Nando's point :P He was going to be the man that got us to the PL, but we were never the same when he left, hense we started to slip a few seasons after that. We never really spent the money we got for him and we still had the people who supplied him with chances in the previous years, but not the same hitman in the middle. We never really had that big name striker in the team once he left (I guess you could literally class Parkin as that, but...). Up until Hume that is.

I'm blabbing, but yeah, I hope you go up this season anyway :)

As for the goals, another two quality finishes there. The goal I posted is still one of my favourites to date. Even though it didn't have much relevance over the two legs in that play offs, it was just a belter to kick it all off. Messi-esque like :D

Sigh, I miss the championship :([/quote']

Can't beat this one...

NHNyNXZig3c&feature=youtube_gdata_player