Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Hi guys' date=' I've just taken control of Leicester in a gold championship, wonder if anyone can inform me on who's a must keep, sell, etc. I have little knowledge of the league, thanks in advance.[/quote']

Well the 85 league cap doesn't help. Liam Moore is probably the best riser but he's not going to be a regular for a while. I'd probably get rid of most players apart from Moore, Knockaert, Vardy and Waghorn (as he'll rise.) Most of the team has potential to play in the PL but they'll take a while to get above 85 so I'd pretty get rid of most of them.

I mean, keep them all. Great team.

Not a Leicester fan but i think Knockheart is a really talented player allthough he did nothing against us. And Ben Marshall will become a better player. Otherwise not sure anyone will become a really really top player only my opinon though

Depends what you class as a top player. Knockaert has the most potential by quite a long way' date=' but a fair few of a players could do alright in the PL.

Oh yeah, top of the league.

Forgot to mention that. :D

Hunting you down! Barnsley at home on Saturday, should be an easy win.

Already becoming a two horse race. :P

Cough :P

I think we can mount a good push for automatic promotion providing we sign the right players in January, probably a tough centre midfielder (Trotter?) and maybe another striker. It's been fantastic to see Waghorn return to form though, he's been like a new signing.

Guest Scout Maker

Cough :P

I think we can mount a good push for automatic promotion providing we sign the right players in January' date=' probably a tough centre midfielder (Trotter?) and maybe another striker. It's been fantastic to see Waghorn return to form though, he's been like a new signing.[/quote']

Sorry, can't count a team who lets Peter Ramage score title challengers ;)

In all seriousness though I think it will be you and Cardiff in 1st and 2nd, although that may be my Palace pessimism kicking in. We've been under great form since Holloway took over, but we haven't seen how this team can recover from a bad run, and I think that's what will hold us back as it did last season. Still think play-offs are a real possibility though.

Sorry' date=' can't count a team who lets Peter Ramage score title challengers ;)

In all seriousness though I think it will be you and Cardiff in 1st and 2nd, although that may be my Palace pessimism kicking in. We've been under great form since Holloway took over, but we haven't seen how this team can recover from a bad run, and I think that's what will hold us back. Still think play-offs are a real possibility though.[/quote']

Haha you've been the only team this season to actually outplay us, everyone else has either physically outdone us (Leeds, maybe Wolves too) or got lucky (Charlton.)

God I hope Holloway fails with you. I would love it if on the final day of the season, you dropped out of the play-off places. As it is, I think you've got a good team, although I'm not sure on your depth. Glenn Murray is a tad overrated because of all his penalties though :P

Guest Scout Maker

Haha you've been the only team this season to actually outplay us' date=' everyone else has either physically outdone us (Leeds, maybe Wolves too) or got lucky (Charlton.)

God I hope Holloway fails with you. I would love it if on the final day of the season, you dropped out of the play-off places. As it is, I think you've got a good team, although I'm not sure on your depth. Glenn Murray is a tad overrated because of all his penalties though :P[/quote']

Good to hear, at first teams would just blame it on an off day, or luck, good to see we can actually compete with the likes of you, Cardiff, Blackburn e.t.c

Although leaving has dampened my view on him (he is a legend still however), a lot of it has to go down to Freedman. Dikgacoi, Bolasie, Ward, Parr, Jedinak, Delaney, Ramage, Moritz and Murray were all bought for under £1m. That being said, he was responsible for the signings of Easter & Aaron Martin.

Agreed about our depth, if one of Bolasie or Zaha were to get injured we have no out and out wingers to cover for them, and without Murray we really struggle, although Wilbraham has looked decent in recent weeks.

I had doubts about Murray last season, but I always put it down to him always being isolated up top and having no real service, now he has (albeit, partly down to Bolasie and Zaha's ability to win penalties) he's showing he can be a great player at this level. To be honest, he isn't even that good at penalties, missed two this season when he was one off a hat-trick and it didn't surprise me when he handed the ball to Garvan to take the 3rd on Saturday.

Back to the **** football again, after beating two of the top sides and outplaying huddersfield 2nd half against the easiest of the four teams we hoof the ball from start to finish. were so slow, how on earth warnock got qpr up hes clueless atm varney on for hall who i thought was our best player, leaving tonge on the field. playing peltier at lb the descions and tactics i could do better at.

the slight optomism has gone again and again im looking to get to near 50 pts to stay up in a league where no one stands out. although will hughes of derby looked decent today all be it against our midfield:(

Really had to grind that one out. Watched the game via stream.

Thought Leicester dominated the first half, but 2nd half we were professional on seeing out the game. Draw would've been fair.

It's games like that, that determine champions & teams that go up IMO.

Top of the league for Christmas as well :D

Hope Palace get battered too.

Thought Leicester dominated the first half' date=' but 2nd half we were professional on seeing out the game. Draw would've been fair.

Hope Palace get battered too.[/quote']

A Leicester win would've been fair :o

Guest Scout Maker

Thought Leicester dominated the first half' date=' but 2nd half we were professional on seeing out the game. Draw would've been fair.

Hope Palace get battered too.[/quote']

Don't worry mate, tomorrow we'll make up lost ground. ;)

Guest Scout Maker

Looking forward to it. As we're home I think we might nick it!

Will give my honest opinion on the game as I have done all year! Hope you've all had a good one lads!

Don't want to jinx it, but not looking too good for you at the moment. :D;)

Go home Nottingham Forest' date=' you're drunk.

It's a shambles that they've sacked O'Driscoll, especially after a 4-2 win in the same day. Always liked O'Driscoll, it's a shame to see that he's been messed about like this.[/quote']

shows how bad we are its obviously not good enough to only beat us 4-2, shambles yesterday, not confident at all now this season.