Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Hi everyone, I don't know if I'm writing in the right place, but I was looking for somewhere where the Championshipis discussed. I'm a portuguese guy that can't see these games on TV but want to know better some players from here.

Everytime I ask in other treads for them, they tell me +1 or -2 when what I really want to know is if they seem good players or not. If their value is justified by their talent or just by their played minutes...

I'm playing in a competitive world, in a 4th Division where the overall first team ratings are 86/88, and where all the players above that value are really expensive or impossible to get. We have to bet on young players, but every kid from the main first leagues are taken. What leads me to this thread and the following question(s):

What do you think about the following players, are they really good, or just impressive because they are young? Do you think they can handle stronger teams and/or leagues, or are they good enough only for the championship? Should I wait for the next couple of years?

Nathaniel CHALOBAH,

Jordan OBITA,

Joe MASON,

Sean MURRAY,

Matty JAMES,

Adam REACH;

Has anyone saw those ones playing? What do you think?

Sorry the long post, really. Thanks in advanvce, cheers!

Talked about Knokcaert here earlier and I stated my worry about him looking like having lifted too much weights and lost some of his pace and technique. I do not really follow Championship, but have tried to keep up with Knockaert a bit, since I considered him a remarkable talent at Guingamp. Now, I saw

of his games with Leicester. It is really impressive and made me change my mind, as it clearly shows that he hasn't lost his pace and especially technique. If anything, he either has developed technically or gets to show his technical abilities more in this league, because although he was known for his technique already in France, some of those tricks he does, I do not remember seeing from him at Guingamp. Probably both are true. It seems like Leicester may win promotion. Can't wait to see how he'll do in EPL.

Hi everyone' date=' I don't know if I'm writing in the right place, but I was looking for somewhere where the Championshipis discussed. I'm a portuguese guy that can't see these games on TV but want to know better some players from here.

Everytime I ask in other treads for them, they tell me +1 or -2 when what I really want to know is if they seem good players or not. If their value is justified by their talent or just by their played minutes...

I'm playing in a competitive world, in a 4th Division where the overall first team ratings are 86/88, and where all the players above that value are really expensive or impossible to get. We have to bet on young players, but every kid from the main first leagues are taken. What leads me to this thread and the following question(s):

What do you think about the following players, are they really good, or just impressive because they are young? Do you think they can handle stronger teams and/or leagues, or are they good enough only for the championship? Should I wait for the next couple of years?

Nathaniel CHALOBAH,

Jordan OBITA,

Joe MASON,

Sean MURRAY,

Matty JAMES,

Adam REACH;

Has anyone saw those ones playing? What do you think?

Sorry the long post, really. Thanks in advanvce, cheers![/quote']

Chalobah looks like he could have a promising future, perhaps not at Chelsea but I can see him being a regular for a mid-table Prem team at his peak. Obita had a promising spell at Portsmouth but it's not hard to stand out at Portsmouth, what with their current situation. If he's at your club, Id keep him, if he's not, then just shortlist him. Matty James I had the pleasure of speaking to while on loan at Preston and he's a really down-to-earth guy despite coming from Man Utd's youth academy. Was good for Preston but got recalled. Again like Chalobah I could see him in the Premier League one day, whether that's with Leicester or not I dont know. Im afraid I cant really comment on the others as I havent seen enough of them.

Talked about Knokcaert here earlier and I stated my worry about him looking like having lifted too much weights and lost some of his pace and technique. I do not really follow Championship' date=' but have tried to keep up with Knockaert a bit, since I considered him a remarkable talent at Guingamp. Now, I saw
of his games with Leicester. It is really impressive and made me change my mind, as it clearly shows that he hasn't lost his pace and especially technique. If anything, he either has developed technically or gets to show his technical abilities more in this league, because although he was known for his technique already in France, some of those tricks he does, I do not remember seeing from him at Guingamp. Probably both are true. It seems like Leicester may win promotion. Can't wait to see how he'll do in EPL.

He's got quick feet, and is quicker than most with the ball at his feet, but he's not that fast in general. He's developing well here, he's hit another lovely patch of form and is one of the reasons that we've now won 5 on the bounce. The main thing Knocky has improved is his work rate. If he didn't work hard and didn't help the defence (we play a fairly standard 4-4-2 with Knocky on the right, so he has to cover the RB) then he wouldn't play, it's that simple. Our manager is fantastic for instilling discipline into a team, along with great fitness levels and team spirit and it's clear that Knocky is benefitting from this, and it'll undoubtedly help him in the long run. I think Cardiff will win the league, but I fancy us to edge second over Hull, just got a better defence and attack.

Clearly in great shape!

Been a long while since ive posted on here, seems a bit dead mind....

Regardless of that, its a happy time to be a bluebird, surely not even we who are well renound bottlers should throw away the lead weve got at the top now :P

Results wise i thought today could be a tricky one for us which it did turn out to be, fair play to Huddersfield but we got some massive favours with both Leicester and Hull both losing!

Im still not trying to get too carried away for obvious reasons but this season should be it, how many times have i said that before ha!

I personally feel that if we did get promotion we would be able to do a Swansea (as much as that pains me to say) and consolidate ourselves in the premiership. Would be great to see Whitts stepping up where i feel he quite rightly deserves to play and all credit to him for sticking with us after numerous dissapointments. Hopefully Mr Tan wont be afraid to splash a bit of cash after his whole rebranding scheme if/when we do make it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Chalobah looks like he could have a promising future' date=' perhaps not at Chelsea but I can see him being a regular for a mid-table Prem team at his peak. Obita had a promising spell at Portsmouth but it's not hard to stand out at Portsmouth, what with their current situation. If he's at your club, Id keep him, if he's not, then just shortlist him. Matty James I had the pleasure of speaking to while on loan at Preston and he's a really down-to-earth guy despite coming from Man Utd's youth academy. Was good for Preston but got recalled. Again like Chalobah I could see him in the Premier League one day, whether that's with Leicester or not I dont know. Im afraid I cant really comment on the others as I havent seen enough of them.[/quote']

Thank you very much for your answer, I have them all in my team. I like to bet on some "underdog" teens, but since I bought those ones and I can't watch their matches, I really don't have a clue. Let's see what they will turn into. Cheers! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Burnley loan Kacaniklic

Burnley got a good loan yesterday in Kacaniklic.

Was surprised to see he went on loan from Fulham, played for them 19 times this season but apparently he last played for them since 26th January so must of fell down the pecking order.

Blackburn loan David Jones

Wigan midfielder David Jones has joined Blackburn Rovers on loan.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread looks to be dead :o

Great season in the Championship with it being so close, but doesn't seem to be very much quality looking at the likes of Cardiff, Hull and Watford on TV.

Barnsley beating Brighton at half time and Peterborough beating Leeds, confident Wolves will go down.

Looking back at this thread, I seemed to get a lot of stick about how highly I rated our team and certain individuals but they have gone on to show you just how good they were.

the lack of quality sums it up for us to have been in with a shot up until the last few games was unbelievable. When we have been so poor. Anyway i feel now its just relegation to be decided along with 2nd spot. Think forest hav 6th place now.

5th place at the moment after beating 2nd placed Hull. That's 6 in a row now under Billy Davies. Undefeated since he's taken back his reign.

Only 8 points off automatic.:eek:

Here's hoping:D

Blackburn confirm they've sacked boss Michael Appleton after just 67 days in charge. Rovers now looking for 6th manager of the season.

This is just getting ridiculous now. Venkey's are destroying Rovers.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

Venkys. The absolute worst of football ownership. Killing a founder member, unforgivable. Get out. Go.

With Warnock now gone' date=' where else are Leeds going to go for a cheating, dirty, moaning, excuse of a manager?

Joey barton as player boss perhaps?

Perhaps Dirty Leeds could promote from within, Michael Brown or El Hadji Diouf can take charge as player bosses![/quote']

hoping we wont even see michael brown again thanks for doing us a favour though now hopefully we stay up and can look to rebuild the absolute mess were in

Going to Watford v Cardiff later, very tasty!

The referee of the Crystal Palace - Barnsley game has said that Barnsley's kit for the game is too similar to Palace's' date=' so Barnsley will have to wear CP's away kit today. Brilliant :D[/quote']

Wang some itching powder in the shorts me thinks!

The referee of the Crystal Palace - Barnsley game has said that Barnsley's kit for the game is too similar to Palace's' date=' so Barnsley will have to wear CP's away kit today. Brilliant :D[/quote']

Why didn't Palace wear their away kits? Surely that would have been the simplest option.

Why didn't Palace wear their away kits? Surely that would have been the simplest option.

Both kits must have matched the kit that Barnsley took to the game, whereas Palace's home and away kits differentiate from each other (I hope that didn't sound too complicated :P). I am assume that was the case anyway. I don't know if Barnsley took both kits to the game either.

I'm really hoping Cardiff go up this year. For years and years they've been the 'nearly' team in the Championship (as Preston were at one point) , so I hope this is finally their season :)

Both kits must have matched the kit that Barnsley took to the game' date=' whereas Palace's home and away kits differentiate from each other (I hope that didn't sound too complicated :P). I am assume that was the case anyway. I don't know if Barnsley took both kits to the game either.[/quote']

I doubt it. In the reverse fixture, Palace wore their away kit.

barnsley-goal-v-palace-4x376-443649_478x359.jpg

So why didn't they wear their away kit to allow Barnsley play in their home kit? :confused:

I doubt it. In the reverse fixture' date=' Palace wore their away kit.

[img']http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/cms_images/gallery/barnsley-goal-v-palace-4x376-443649_478x359.jpg[/img]

So why didn't they wear their away kit to allow Barnsley play in their home kit? :confused:

Oh, well I'm not sure then mate. It was the referee's decision from what I've heard :)

Edit: Unless Barnsley only took their away kit with them. The Palace home kit and Barnsley away kit do look similar in terms of the blue on both jerseys, but then, as you said, Palace could just have played in their away kit. Unless they refused to with them being at home. Bright yellow and a small amount of blue wouldn't have clashed.

PalaceHome.jpg

New-Barnsley-Away-Kit-2012-13.jpg

Watford v Cardiff was really dull, Briggs isn't going to be anything special! The amount of times Watford could push forward on the wing and he would just play it back to Ekstrand but most likely Doyley was seriously frustrating. Each team had about two key chances.

Vydra was very quiet today, since int. break offered very little, with Deeney yet again pushing the frontline

Craig Bellamy and Malky didn't stop moaning for the while game, how the extremely biased referee didn't book Bellamy was beyond me, every slight contact or up for 50/50's Cardiff won. To the latter stages he began to give Watford a chance. 0-0 draw not always fun, but enjoyed going Vic. Road.

Hull v Cardiff on last day of season, what a belter, second automatic place will be decided last day of season I think!