Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Looks like Hull are going up ... but how?

They were so bad tonight, couldn't outclass an already relegated Bristol City in a huge game for the club.

They have so little quality going forward, and I don't see how their key players are going to cause Premier League teams problem. George Boyd? Robert Koren? Sone Aluko? Jay Simpson? There's a few good youngsters like Robbie Brady and Corry Evans, but really no sort of quality. They do seem to have a strong defence, grinding out a lot of 1-0 and 2-1 wins but I don't think it's going to be anything strong enough to keep them up.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Rather annoying that Cardiff fluff a 1-0 win for like the umpteenth time when I have them in a bet.

Hope they enjoy their one season in the English Premier League.

People like you really grind my gears... youve slated us for the majority of your posts ive seen on here so in that case why do you bet on us if we keep letting you down? Im suprised we were even able to put out a starting 11 today with the celebrations that have been going on for the last few days down here.

That second point sums up the typical arrogance of football fans like yourself, foreign owners, foreign players, foreign managers but its the english league? :rolleyes: not forgetting youve had the jacks on board for two seasons, and forgetting the fact weve got here in front of countless of other english teams but were the team in the wrong?

Why will we only last one season.. because were welsh? because were rubbish? because you dont like us?

Do the majority of people who slate us actually know anything about our team rather than what they read on forums or from what they hear from mates.

ps. CHAMPIONSSSSSSSS CHAMPIONSSSSS :D :D

People like you really grind my gears... youve slated us for the majority of your posts ive seen on here so in that case why do you bet on us if we keep letting you down? Im suprised we were even able to put out a starting 11 today with the celebrations that have been going on for the last few days down here.

That second point sums up the typical arrogance of football fans like yourself' date=' foreign owners, foreign players, foreign managers but its the english league? :rolleyes: not forgetting youve had the jacks on board for two seasons, and forgetting the fact weve got here in front of countless of other english teams but were the team in the wrong?

Why will we only last one season.. because were welsh? because were rubbish? because you dont like us?

Do the majority of people who slate us actually know anything about our team rather than what they read on forums or from what they hear from mates.

ps. CHAMPIONSSSSSSSS CHAMPIONSSSSS :D :D[/quote']

Gunnarsson and Turner better play next season and do well, want them to have left Cov to better themselves :)

Oh and my two cents. Rather have you than 'serie A' Watford. Something ridiculous like 13 loan players, how would they survive with having to buy a completely new squad.

Gunnarsson and Turner better play next season and do well' date=' want them to have left Cov to better themselves :)

Oh and my two cents. Rather have you than 'serie A' Watford. Something ridiculous like 13 loan players, how would they survive with having to buy a completely new squad.[/quote']

Both players have really established themselves this season, hoping Malkay keeps faith in them next season although he did say hes looking to be ruthless with his transfers, but be great to see the boys who got us here have a shot in the prem :)

Yehh the Watford situation is pretty rediculous, Hull should just about hold onto second place (although their dreadful im not sure how) so Watford will end up in the lottery of the playoffs which Brighton will win i reckon.

Rather annoying that Cardiff fluff a 1-0 win for like the umpteenth time when I have them in a bet.

Hope they enjoy their one season in the English Premier League.

It's officially called the Barclays Premier League.

And it's ok that they aren't English if they don't go up then? You wouldn't be giving them abuse if they stayed in the Championship, and do you call that the English Championship?

Cardiff City were actually invited to join the english league system' date=' we never applied, we were invited.

Swansea are leading us 2 - 0 in one way though. (Not seasons in the Premier League either).[/quote']

The debt leading us to administration is something like 1% of what you currently owe, and your still going to be spending £25 million next season according to Tan when you don't have that money to spend.

It's clear that he doesn't know what he's doing, something of the things he comes up with are brilliant to hear as a Swansea City fan and he's seeing at as a business. Football doesn't work like any old business, we're currently the best run team in the nation and our chairman's company went out of business. Tan knows nothing about football, and he's the one that is calling the shots. Don't think your debt is going to get cleared because your in the Premier League, with the amount you plan on spending your going to be making bigger losses than ever next season.

Gunnarsson and Turner better play next season and do well' date=' want them to have left Cov to better themselves :)

Oh and my two cents. Rather have you than 'serie A' Watford. Something ridiculous like 13 loan players, how would they survive with having to buy a completely new squad.[/quote']

think they will just buy all the loan players but dont think there go up now personally. i too reckon brighton will win the playoffs.

the relegation battle is devoloping nicely though glad now were safe:)

NPC TOTY: Schmeichel; Trippier, Morgan, Hudson, Bridge; Zaha, Ince, Whittingham, Bolasie; Murray, Vydra.

Zaha has had a good season, but his transfer to United is most likely one of the reasons he's been chosen. Still, an impressive young player who I'm a big fan of.

I'm very shocked to see Rhodes not in the team though. Whilst Murray and Vydra have both had superb seasons themselves, I thought he was certain to be in the team. He'd have been one of the first players in the team for me!

haha same with Michael Brown' date=' on the otherhand were is Sam Byram, ridiculous for him not to be in it[/quote']

If he were playing for a team fighting for promotion he might have been. I don't think he should be in it though. If there was a young team of the season he'd be one of the first in there.

Only three of the games this weekend can be considered nothing games with the other 9 involving a team either in range of Auto's' date=' Play offs or relegation... this just backs up why it's the most entertaining league in Europe imo :P[/quote']

Nope sorry pal, that would be the one below :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21771146

That Brentford vs Donny game just summed it up :D

Nope sorry pal' date=' that would be the one below :D

[url']http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21771146[/url]

That Brentford vs Donny game just summed it up :D

At the top yes, but it was fairly anticlimactic down the bottom at the end of the season.

7 teams still could go down at the bottom, with automatic promotion and the final two play off spots to be sorted with just one game to go.

Anyone else watching Hull-Cardiff? Can't believe that these are currently the top two teams in the league.

The bottom looks really entertaining, Huddersfield close to going down on 57 points :eek:

Bolton looked to have blown their place in the play offs on the final day as well.

Anyone else watching Hull-Cardiff? Can't believe that these are currently the top two teams in the league.

The bottom looks really entertaining' date=' Huddersfield close to going down on 57 points :eek:

Bolton looked to have blown their place in the play offs on the final day as well.[/quote']

Did Cardiff score an offside goal or nearly score or something?,all the Watford fans were cheering and shouting were going up and then Leeds went up the other end of the pitch and scored :P.