Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Well done Leicester. Probably deserved the victory over us. I think i left excrement all over my seat at the end of the game - need a new seat for my next season ticket.

At least Billy Davies will have the summer to sort out a proper squad.

Defence needs a complete makeover, a winger, and an out an out goal-scorer. The amount of chances our midfield provides, it's heartbreaking not to see us convert our chances.

On to the next season, Championship - most exciting league bar none.

The entertainment of the playoffs and the football league strikers again.

That is the most unbelievable ending, couldn't believe my eyes.

Quite pleased to see Watford get to the play off final, think Leicester have got the strongest squad in the Championship and would have done well in the Premier League next season. Would like us to sign Schmeichel and Knockaert as well.

Great ending' date=' hoping for a Brighton Watford final. Hopefully this time next year were be celebrating while watching this[/quote']

Hoping for the same tbh with Brighton getting into the Prem live a few miles away and the hole area is buzzing tbh, not really been a huge fan of Brighton in recent years due to me hating there play style, But Poyet's improved them massively this season the signings of Ulloa and Upson have pushed them on since January which is good to see. Not going to jump on the bandwagon like pretty much every Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal fan down here claiming to be a fan for years but not even knowing what the withdean is but as i've said it'll be nice to see them in the prem.

With Murray out tonight will be interesting to see how Palace line up, with him not playing I think it should be straight forward for Brighton defensively, Zaha's drab Man Utd have way over paid id much rather Tom Ince for half the price...

Interesting to see what we go this summer we're linked with a large amount of players and some very good players at that e.g Sako, Le Fondre, Pearce don't know how many we're get but hopefully there's going to be funds and a good amount of players arriving with Players like Michael Brown leaving....

Annoying to see a lot of our fans being hugely negative on twitter, Personally I'm going into next season and the transfer Window with lots of confidence I feel we've got a top manager in McDermott and hopefully GFH and the other investors will back him this season, I'm not heavily concerned if we let Byram go as long as the funds are reinvested!

I'd rather Watford Palace final as I know a few Palace fans and it'd be a (kind of Derby). I also fancy Watford more vs Palace than Brighton. And since I'll be in the Watford end of Wembley I'd rather they won :P

I wouldnt mind a new team having a stab at the Premier League. Udinese and Palace will still be running off parachute payments, Brighton have got were they are from their own means (sort-of).

Not really been paying much attention to the Championship as Preston arent in it, but looking at how the league panned out, QPR could be in for a tough time. Even the three teams relegated upset the odds sometimes, and Leicester, Bolton, and Nott Forest will all be looking to make the step up next season. Cant believe that 10 points separated 7th and 19th.

Holloway vs a side I'd love to see get to the premiership (plus I like Poyet too).

I think Holloway is brilliant. He's a character and someone I'd love to see lighten up the premiership again. God, there's too many of his quotes that are brilliant! (For anyone interested, look up the Ronaldo one :D). On the other hand, Brighton would be quite a fresh face in the premiership and I'd like to see them given a chance in the big time, as I did with Cardiff.

Must be the 10th time I've watched Zaha now,I just don't see what Man United have paid £15 Million for,he should stand out like a sore thumb at this level if he was that good but he doesn't.

Of course I'll probably look like an idiot for saying this next year,but I feel the likes of Hughes,Redmond and Ince are a lot better when I've watched them play over this season.

I wouldnt mind a new team having a stab at the Premier League. Udinese and Palace will still be running off parachute payments' date=' Brighton have got were they are from their own means (sort-of).

Not really been paying much attention to the Championship as Preston arent in it, but looking at how the league panned out, QPR could be in for a tough time. Even the three teams relegated upset the odds sometimes, and Leicester, Bolton, and Nott Forest will all be looking to make the step up next season. Cant believe that 10 points separated 7th and 19th.[/quote']

It's an unbelievable league. I'd argue its the most competitive in the world. All three teams coming down will struggle IMO.