Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Must be the 10th time I've watched Zaha now' date='I just don't see what Man United have paid £15 Million for,he should stand out like a sore thumb at this level if he was that good but he doesn't.

[b']Of course I'll probably look like an idiot for saying this next year[/b],but I feel the likes of Hughes,Redmond and Ince are a lot better when I've watched them play over this season.

You didn't have long to wait :P

In all honesty he has been really average ever since the move was announced but he has come up with the goods tonight!!

I live ten mins from the Palace Ground and know tons of Palace fans so gunna be a lot of banter in the coming days :P

Hope they go up ten minute trip for me to see Liverpool stick six past em next season :)

Bolasie has been Palace's stand out player this season IMO. Although Zaha does have the potential to be a brilliant player, and although he has had a good season (not as good as he's had in the past is what I mean by that), Yannick hasn't stopped performing throughout the season.

The two of them together are brilliant when they're on the top of their game though.

It should be a great final, both teams great going forward on their day but both can't defend for toffee either. It does have the potential to be the ending that this season in the football league deserves in terms of entertainment.

Both sides would need a lot of work in the summer, Watford will only have half a squad and Palace will need an entire new backline if they're to stand a chance of survival. Danny Gabbidon, Dean Moxey, Damien Delaney and Joel Ward as a defence four could easily concede a record number of goals.

It should be a great final' date=' both teams great going forward on their day but both can't defend for toffee either. It does have the potential to be the ending that this season in the football league deserves in terms of entertainment.

Both sides would need a lot of work in the summer, Watford will only have half a squad and Palace will need an entire new backline if they're to stand a chance of survival. Danny Gabbidon, Dean Moxey, Damien Delaney and Joel Ward as a defence four could easily concede a record number of goals.[/quote']

It does make for very interesting reading when you think of it like that.

Interesting to see what we go this summer we're linked with a large amount of players and some very good players at that e.g Sako' date=' Le Fondre, Pearce don't know how many we're get but hopefully there's going to be funds and a good amount of players arriving with Players like Michael Brown leaving....

Annoying to see a lot of our fans being hugely negative on twitter, Personally I'm going into next season and the transfer Window with lots of confidence I feel we've got a top manager in McDermott and hopefully GFH and the other investors will back him this season, I'm not heavily concerned if we let Byram go as long as the funds are reinvested![/quote']

Im not getting excited yet but i agree some get so negative. This season i could see a reason for negativity but there may well be some hope now. In regards to transfers we always seem to be linked to decent players but never pull them off hopefully that will change soon. Can' wait for next season already and hope we come back in pre season looking strong and we can actually be involved in something for next season.

I'm guessing with him being such a good prospect the Pozzo's think they're likely to lose him, and they'll probably get the most money with him being at Watford if they get to the Premier League. He's done well with them in the Championship, and if he can repeat it in the Premier League his valuation would be a lot higher then it would if he was scoring goals in Serie A or La Liga.

It looks like Poyet will be leaving Brighton.

been talking to a few Brighton fans about this and the general consensus is it's not a bad thing and has been inevitable since there loss in the play offs, the big Argument is about Budgets and the Chairman not willing to invest heavily into the squad which is fair enough when you consider how much they've spent in recent time on the Amex and making the club stable and competitive. Lots of shouts for Di Matteo personally cannot see it think it will be Tarrico as he the brains behind Brighton's recent success imo, The reason he's been suspended is he want's to resign and for Brighton to pay him compensation apparently which isn't going to happen :P

Gus Poyet suspended by Championship side Brighton

Brighton and Hove Albion have suspended manager Gus Poyet and told him to stay away from the club pending an inquiry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22563280

Can anybody shed some light on this? Based on the article seems a bit harsh ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22563280

Can anybody shed some light on this? Based on the article seems a bit harsh ..

Had a Mate who's a Brighton fan explain it to me, He's apparently trying to force his way out of his contract some say with compensation from Brighton. He handed in his resignation today to Bloom who swiftly rejected it and with his comments in the week about looking to leave and deciding his own future this summer with the contract still to run it could be viewed as a breach of contract. Poyet is blaming Bloom for the failure to gain promotion this season on the 'budgets' which he's been working with personally I think he's being massively ungrateful they've kept big players and signed a few high profile players on big wages e.g Vicente, Bruno. It's also been widely reported in local media down here that He told players on Wednesday he isn't certain he'd be there manager next season and is considering leaving the club again this could be viewed as Breach of contract as It sounds like he could be talking to other clubs already without the permission of Brighton.

IMO he's been out of order considering the clubs recent history compared to where they are now, He clearly want's to manage in the premier league and doesn't want options with tight budgets e.g Everton to stopped by the compensation (which would be around £2M). It's a Shame it's come to this as he's been a popular and successful figure at Brighton would be bad if it ended this way but Bloom isn't a mug he'll either sack Poyet and sue for Breach of Contract or wait and take compensation from a Prem club which is more likely. Think what's out of order with this Whole Scenario is the Suspension of Charlie Oatway he's Brighton through and through and wouldn't do anything that affected the club negatively where as I can understand suspending Tarrico as well due to him maybe being lined up as a Assistant wherever Poyet is moving to.

I'm 95% sure Poyet has taken charge of his last game at the Amex just a shame he's not conducted himself in a better manner of late, In a week where the fans and players needed lifting he's been acting very negatively and not come across to care much for the Brighton supporters and just trying to fuel a fire which will see him out the door asap.

Had a Mate who's a Brighton fan explain it to me' date=' He's apparently trying to force his way out of his contract some say with compensation from Brighton. He handed in his resignation today to Bloom who swiftly rejected it and with his comments in the week about looking to leave and deciding his own future this summer with the contract still to run it could be viewed as a breach of contract. Poyet is blaming Bloom for the failure to gain promotion this season on the 'budgets' which he's been working with personally I think he's being massively ungrateful they've kept big players and signed a few high profile players on big wages e.g Vicente, Bruno. It's also been widely reported in local media down here that He told players on Wednesday he isn't certain he'd be there manager next season and is considering leaving the club again this could be viewed as Breach of contract as It sounds like he could be talking to other clubs already without the permission of Brighton.

IMO he's been out of order considering the clubs recent history compared to where they are now, He clearly want's to manage in the premier league and doesn't want options with tight budgets e.g Everton to stopped by the compensation (which would be around £2M). It's a Shame it's come to this as he's been a popular and successful figure at Brighton would be bad if it ended this way but Bloom isn't a mug he'll either sack Poyet and sue for Breach of Contract or wait and take compensation from a Prem club which is more likely. Think what's out of order with this Whole Scenario is the Suspension of Charlie Oatway he's Brighton through and through and wouldn't do anything that affected the club negatively where as I can understand suspending Tarrico as well due to him maybe being lined up as a Assistant wherever Poyet is moving to.

I'm 95% sure Poyet has taken charge of his last game at the Amex just a shame he's not conducted himself in a better manner of late, In a week where the fans and players needed lifting he's been acting very negatively and not come across to care much for the Brighton supporters and just trying to fuel a fire which will see him out the door asap.[/quote']

It's a real pity-whoever is in the wrong -had them playing some lovely football. I see Southampton Pochettino wants to leave if Cortese leaves so might be an opening.

However how this affects Brighton I don't know-pretty shocking almost as bad as Ollie leaving Plymouth and Blackpool..:(

It's a real pity-whoever is in the wrong -had them playing some lovely football. I see Southampton Pochettino wants to leave if Cortese leaves so might be an opening.

However how this affects Brighton I don't know-pretty shocking almost as bad as Ollie leaving Plymouth and Blackpool..:(

I couldn't see him going to Southampton his relationship with saints fans is quite sour due to the whole "can you keep up" jibes in League one with the favour being returned last season, also was caught on camera swearing at sections of the St Mary's crowd, he wouldn't be the most popular choice.:P