Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

I couldn't see him going to Southampton his relationship with saints fans is quite sour due to the whole "can you keep up" jibes in League one with the favour being returned last season' date=' also was caught on camera swearing at sections of the St Mary's crowd, he wouldn't be the most popular choice.:P[/quote']

almost thought the same about Benitez...;)

Really hope Palace wins just for Ollie's sake..

• 2 weeks later...

More gutted that Watford didn't turn up than the result. If they'd actually had a decent crack at it then I'd be happier but the game left more to be desired IMO.

Fantastic atmosphere though. Was amazing to be at Wembley for a cup final. Don't think either team necessarily deserved it over the other, so can't complain about Palace winning. Said to my mate when Phillips came on that he would score.

Kudos to the Palace defender clearing off the line in the 118th minute too

More gutted that Watford didn't turn up than the result. If they'd actually had a decent crack at it then I'd be happier but the game left more to be desired IMO.

Fantastic atmosphere though. Was amazing to be at Wembley for a cup final. Don't think either team necessarily deserved it over the other' date=' so can't complain about Palace winning. Said to my mate when Phillips came on that he would score.

Kudos to the Palace defender clearing off the line in the 118th minute too[/quote']

You are joking....first half was a non event but from then on Palace were FAR superior and would have been an injustice if they hadn't won. Created all the chances Watford were enemic and didn't deserve a thing.

I did feel sorry for Lloyd Doyley though who was absolutely magnificent at the back and Almunia made some good saves, but for a loyal servant like Doyley to put in such a brilliant performance but see his apparently more "talented" teammates let the club down felt gutted for him.

As I say nice to have Premier League football back on my doorstep even if we all know it will probably be for one year.

You are joking....first half was a non event but from then on Palace were FAR superior and would have been an injustice if they hadn't won. Created all the chances Watford were enemic and didn't deserve a thing.

I did feel sorry for Lloyd Doyley though who was absolutely magnificent at the back and Almunia made some good saves' date=' but for a loyal servant like Doyley to put in such a brilliant performance but see his apparently more "talented" teammates let the club down felt gutted for him.

As I say nice to have Premier League football back on my doorstep even if we all know it will probably be for one year.[/quote']

He'll push them on for next season.

I did feel sorry for Lloyd Doyley though who was absolutely magnificent at the back and Almunia made some good saves' date=' but for a loyal servant like Doyley to put in such a brilliant performance but see his apparently more "talented" teammates let the club down felt gutted for him.

As I say nice to have Premier League football back on my doorstep even if we all know it will probably be for one year.[/quote']

Lloyd Doyley has been a great servant to Watford, but he was so clumsy today. He made some great clearances yes but had his positioning not been so poor he wouldn't have needed to do so, plus his distribution was similar to that of a UN aid truck in Somalia

• 3 weeks later...

PLease could someone add Callum Harriott on Soccerwiki (Charlton, age 19, 14 apps) My Soccerwiki account won't let me add new players as it says that I have a pending request which I dont. Soccerwiki's customer support has not got back to me in the past fortnight. Thanks.

good player, was brilliant for us on loan, will be good for you guys. Would of loved him if we sell Byram which i come to expect, but good signs so far on the transfer front. Tough start in the fixtures as well but a home game to begin and end:)

The weirdest transfer story I've heard so far this summer is Demba Ba being linked to Leicester. I don't think it would happen in a million years, but quite a few sources are reporting it (albeit they aren't the ones I'd consider to be the most reliable :P).

Would love it if Wednesday showed just an ounce of interest in signing somebody.

At least you can sign some if you make a bid ;). Leeds must be the only team to be taken over and be poorer it looks as if a new era after all the mess weve had isn't going to happen. I do fear for us at this stage it looks that Brian Mc has been lied too and I wouldnt be suprised to see Byram sold last minute.

At least you can sign some if you make a bid ;). Leeds must be the only team to be taken over and be poorer it looks as if a new era after all the mess weve had isn't going to happen. I do fear for us at this stage it looks that Brian Mc has been lied too and I wouldnt be suprised to see Byram sold last minute.

Why last minute?

If Leeds were gonna sell him surely they'd sell sooner so they can use the money for other transfers.

Why last minute?

If Leeds were gonna sell him surely they'd sell sooner so they can use the money for other transfers.

I know thats what i'd do but every year the player gets sold last minute and can't be replaced i.e. Gradel and Howson. Although Snodgrass was a bit different last year the signings afterwards well lets not say a lot about most of them.

Seems my post sparked us into action, we've signed Jacques Maghoma on a free from Burton Albion. Don't know much about him but he scored 18 goals from the wing last season and was named in the League Two team of the year. He's apparently chosen us over 2-3 other Championship clubs which is promising. Fast, tricky winger at a good age, happy with that.

I've been impressed with Gary Bowyer's business so far at Blackburn, hopefully he's given time.

Alan Judge and Luke Murphy are both fantastic signings, and will have a hunger and desire to win and achieve things at Blackburn that the likes of Paul Robinson, Danny Murphy and Nuno Gomes don't have.