Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Theres a football league FF? :o

Which site is it on mate? :)

Luke Murphy looks a steal for 1 million :o

Its just for the Championship but its run by the football league i believe the site is : http://fantasy.football-league.co.uk/

had a very good first week just sitting outside the top 150.

Murphy was a steal can see him doing great things for us this season can't wait to see Austin come back as well them two as part of a midfield three would be interesting!

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Much bigger attendance today than most of last season at Elland Road' date=' have the new owners reduced ticket prices or something?[/quote']

Prices have been dropped from what i've read although think it's down to a Number of things really, The Game being Category C, Bates being given the Boot, A decent popular manager in charge, some okay signings and The owners beginning to make a move to buy the ground there seems to be a lot of positive noises around recently.

Prices have been dropped from what i've read although think it's down to a Number of things really' date=' The Game being Category C, Bates being given the Boot, A decent popular manager in charge, some okay signings and The owners beginning to make a move to buy the ground there seems to be a lot of positive noises around recently.[/quote']

It was £20 in some decent parts of the stadium.

boys. Long time no see.

Derby look to be much improved, really optimistic about the new season. Thinking we should still get another Center back. Jason Shackell would fit the bill nicely.

Gutted to see Brayford leave but he isn't UN-replaceable. We really should have gone all out and gotten Alex Baptiste but Sam Rush described his wage demands as 'eye watering'.

boys. Long time no see.

Derby look to be much improved' date=' really optimistic about the new season. Thinking we should still get another Center back. Jason Shackell would fit the bill nicely.

Gutted to see Brayford leave but he isn't UN-replaceable. We really should have gone all out and gotten Alex Baptiste but Sam Rush described his wage demands as 'eye watering'.[/quote']

Derby look a decent side that like to play great football.

The one area I think you guys lack is a out and out goalscorer , Dont get me wrong Johnny Russell is a very good player but he seems to like being on the wing instead of being in the middle and Chris Martin I just dont like :P

Will hughes is outstanding and you guys have a very strong spine with Clough getting Grant which I feel is a great buy for you :) Dark horses for the playoffs ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Got to feel for Doncaster. 3-0 up away at Charlton after 25 minutes and the game has been stopped due to a waterlogged pitch. It's not been called off yet, but it might be. The Doncaster players are helping clear the water off the pitch, although you'd imagine that the Charlton staff secretly hope the pitch isn't cleared, despite helping.

Got to feel for Doncaster. 3-0 up away at Charlton after 25 minutes and the game has been stopped due to a waterlogged pitch. It's not been called off yet' date=' but it might be. The Doncaster players are helping clear the water off the pitch, although you'd imagine that the Charlton staff secretly hope the pitch isn't cleared, despite helping.[/quote']

Incredible how it has to be replayed yet the red card for one of the goalscorers still counts. Doncaster have been a suprise with there performances so far. Huddersfield look capable with Vaughan too. Decent game between Watford and Forest as well ending in a draw meaning no one has 100% record now.

For our perspective poor first half yesterday with a lucky goal, much better 2nd half McCormack on fire, and a winger will desperately improve us.

Incredible how it has to be replayed yet the red card for one of the goalscorers still counts. Doncaster have been a suprise with there performances so far. Huddersfield look capable with Vaughan too. Decent game between Watford and Forest as well ending in a draw meaning no one has 100% record now.

For our perspective poor first half yesterday with a lucky goal' date=' much better 2nd half McCormack on fire, and a winger will desperately improve us.[/quote']

It'll be a stupid question, but will the score be reset? Very harsh if so, and wrong. You wouldn't put it past Charlton winning the replay now.

Surely the logical thing to do would be to restart the game at whatever minute the game was abandoned with Doncaster 3-1 up. That would be the logical thing to do, but sometimes logic and the FA don't go hand in hand.

You guys see them more than me' date=' but Aaron Cresswell, Will Hughes and Dale Stephens - are they any good? Both linked with moves to the Premier League over the past 6 months.[/quote']

I've honestly not seen much of the other two (although I've heard good things), but Will Hughes is a player that you'd be silly not to sign if the opportunity arose. Amazing talent, and it's only a matter of time before he's snapped up by a premiership club.

He scored a hat-trick last night if I'm not mistaken.

You guys see them more than me' date=' but Aaron Cresswell, Will Hughes and Dale Stephens - are they any good? Both linked with moves to the Premier League over the past 6 months.[/quote']

I wont go into Hughes as he is well known to how good the boy is :P

I like Cresswell , I do think he is a decent little player and will play PL football sooner rather than later , He is a better version of Joe Bennett likes to attack just as much but is competent at defending :)

Stephens , Is a good championship player but dont think he is good enough to make a PL impact I wouldnt buy him in my opinion much better players to buy :)

If anyone are looking for a player to buy in the championship Dan Burn from Yeovil such a good CB :P , Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth is scoring goals and is at a low rating.

I wont go into Hughes as he is well known to how good the boy is :P

I like Cresswell ' date=' I do think he is a decent little player and will play PL football sooner rather than later , He is a better version of Joe Bennett likes to attack just as much but is competent at defending :)

Stephens , Is a good championship player but dont think he is good enough to make a PL impact I wouldnt buy him in my opinion much better players to buy :)

If anyone are looking for a player to buy in the championship Dan Burn from Yeovil such a good CB :P , Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth is scoring goals and is at a low rating.[/quote']

Dan Burn's joined Birmingham. I don't think Lewis Grabban is going to make it higher than the Championship, he's in good form but I can't see him maintaining it.

I think Cresswell will eventually make it in the Premier League, Ipswich are asking big money for him which has put teams off but he's the best young left back in the division.

Will Hughes is the best talent in the division, I think it's good for his development to play regularly for Derby for the next season or two but it is only a matter of time before he's in the Premier League.

Rantie's off to Bournemouth. Ideally we would have kept him but they offered us a good deal. I heard the deal is worth £3.5M. Just hope this move doesn't cost us the title (Swedish transfer window is closed) and I wish Tokelo all the best. Bournemouth fans are gonna love him to bits. Well done to Howe on getting a special player.

Rantie's off to Bournemouth. Ideally we would have kept him but they offered us a good deal. I heard the deal is worth £3.5M. Just hope this move doesn't cost us the title (Swedish transfer window is closed) and I wish Tokelo all the best. Bournemouth fans are gonna love him to bits. Well done to Howe on getting a special player.

He look very quick and dangerous against us, and Bournemouth needed more fire power. Wasn't actually able to get a shot away against us, if he can finish then he'll be great at this level but £3.5 million is huge money.

Bournemouth are spending £3.5m on one player? Where'd they get their money from?

Its a reported 2.5 million :) They have a russian billionaire/millionaire owner and he has and is willing to pump a lot of money in the club but not just on the playing side. But needs to spend more on the playing side but they are an outfit on the up and wouldnt back against them reaching the PL sooner rather than later :)

Aiden - I think Grabban is a good player and could get double figures which is very respectable but I was more talking in terms of a riser as he is only 76 so could rise to 80/82 depending if he carries on the good form :)

Couldnt believe he attracted him and BAE to the championship :P

I dont rate BAE and always thought he was dreadful but surely a better club than QPR could have got him :P

If they don't walk this league.

They have Green and Cesar just in goal, Barton, SWP, Ounoha, etc and now Kranjcar and Assou ekoto.

While our deadline day was as enjoyable as ever . No winger!:(, and into loans again, while we still have Pugh, Brown and Norris:eek:.

If they don't walk this league.

They have Green and Cesar just in goal' date=' Barton, SWP, Ounoha, etc and now Kranjcar and Assou ekoto.

While our deadline day was as enjoyable as ever . No winger!:(, and into loans again, while we still have Pugh, Brown and Norris:eek:.[/quote']

They probably wont, reminds me so much of what he did at Portsmouth.

Both are loans