Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Is Fraser Fyvie a good prospect or should he be sold?

Think he might be a bit injury prone but what I've seen of him when he plays seems a decent player. Not 100% sure though.

On another hand another away win, real positivity back with 5'000 at Bolton yesterday. A few decent loans with a permanent option and we might have a chance. keeping grounded though, but we have a great manager and a group of players that now care and want to play for Leeds.

Seems our old defensive options in Lowry and Connolly are showing their class, helping Milwall concede 5:rolleyes:.

• 3 weeks later...

Think he might be a bit injury prone but what I've seen of him when he plays seems a decent player. Not 100% sure though.

On another hand another away win' date=' real positivity back with 5'000 at Bolton yesterday. A few decent loans with a permanent option and we might have a chance. keeping grounded though, but we have a great manager and a group of players that now care and want to play for Leeds.

Seems our old defensive options in Lowry and Connolly are showing their class, helping Milwall concede 5:rolleyes:.[/quote']

did you go to see your old defenders on Saturday?;)

Ripped apart weren't we? but then again you got 4 against you Tuesday. Think we lack in midfield there really is no creativity' date=' Murphy might up his game a bit i can see his potential but we need loans and 3pts tomorrow[/quote']

i'm not living in England anymore so I have to go on internet reports but it does seem like we are both finding relegation form at the moment.

See you later Madine.

What a silly player. A role model to some people. Have the club released a statement on what will happen to his position at the club

i'm not living in England anymore so I have to go on internet reports but it does seem like we are both finding relegation form at the moment.

We were awful again Saturday and then I saw your result. We both do seem to be really struggling and this is after our decent start and your mini revival. Still feel there are some poor teams in this league, with us though I feel it may take time to rebuild after some awful past few seasons. If we are to get loans they make make a lot of difference though but despite lacking pace we have no creativity still and no goalscorer. Two big problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Technically Championship sides play in the FA Cup so this is still relevant.

Please vote on this guys.

It's a poll about Walcott's '2-0' hand gesture taunt against Spurs.

Was it as bad as when Adebayor ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of Arsenal fans?

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=166069

Not looking good for Leeds, the fans clearly frustrated with the performance/result against a side they should be looking to beat. They have had a good season under McDermott, but the last couple of weeks have appalling for them. There fans have been signing "Lets pretend we've scored a goal" and "We've only had one shot". I don't think Brian McDermott will get a much better reception then he did against Rochdale.

Well that's something for us to cheer about this season! :)

To be fair you guys look a half decent team , Maghoma is one player that really stood out to me looks a very good player. Having said that your defence isnt the best and I feel Llera is the weak link from what Ive seen. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on them :)

To be fair you guys look a half decent team ' date=' Maghoma is one player that really stood out to me looks a very good player. Having said that your defence isnt the best and I feel Llera is the weak link from what Ive seen. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on them :)[/quote']

Our defence is our strong point in recent weeks! When fit, a back five of Kirkland - Buxton - Roger Johnson - Loovens - Reda Johnson is a pretty stout defence! Roger's now gone to West Ham of course, hence why Llera was playing last couple of games, but we've now signed Oguchi Onyewu...no joke! :P Will be interesting to see what shape/form he's in.

It's the other direction we have issues, yesterday nonewithstanding. Without Wickham, we have no strikeforce and our central midfield is quite weak. We have decent wingers, but for whatever reason we haven't had any consistency, possibly Jones' fault mind you - tough for me to say conclusively, I'm a proper part-time fan these days!

13 points in 15 for Middlesbrough Karanka looks to be doing things Mowbray couldn't the feeling on Teesside is that we can mount a promotion push on this form but if i was offered a 7th/8th place finish now i would take it only takes us to lose 1 game and we can go on a mega streak as we will when we lose Given

Our defence is our strong point in recent weeks! When fit' date=' a back five of Kirkland - Buxton - Roger Johnson - Loovens - Reda Johnson is a pretty stout defence! Roger's now gone to West Ham of course, hence why Llera was playing last couple of games, but we've now signed Oguchi Onyewu...no joke! :P Will be interesting to see what shape/form he's in.

It's the other direction we have issues, yesterday nonewithstanding. Without Wickham, we have no strikeforce and our central midfield is quite weak. We have decent wingers, but for whatever reason we haven't had any consistency, possibly Jones' fault mind you - tough for me to say conclusively, I'm a proper part-time fan these days![/quote']

Your near the bottom of the table so your strong point dosent say to much to me :D All joking aside thats a fair enough comment im more thinking early season then to be honest but I still think despite Kirky and Loovens being decent your defence could do with some bulking which it has done with Onyewu. To be honest if he was fit enough and playing well enough Harry would have kept him at QPR , He looks fat , lazy and wasnt a towering beast that brought him to Milan :P I hope you guys can get him fit as he would be a strong aseset in my eyes.

Fair point , I dont actually know any of your forwards or midfielders apart from Wickham and Steve Macphail lol!

13 points in 15 for Middlesbrough Karanka looks to be doing things Mowbray couldn't the feeling on Teesside is that we can mount a promotion push on this form but if i was offered a 7th/8th place finish now i would take it only takes us to lose 1 game and we can go on a mega streak as we will when we lose Given

Do you reckon you will sign anyone and if so then what postions do you feel you need? It looks like CB and CM to me that may need strengthening :)

iam quite happy with our CM's i would like to see butterfield get a bit more game time as he likes to push on and attack which most our CM's are defensive minded so don't really push forward all that much.

we have just signed young Omeruo on loan but i know nothing about the lad maybe a replacement for Hoyte but i don't know where Omeruo plays in the centre or LB or RB?.

i would like to see Williams move out he has been terrible for 2 seasons now and possible sign Ayala full time been impressed with him of late.

but mainly i want a Striker some one who can actually hit the net that half blind Jutkiewicz is terrible only our wingers are scoring mainly Adomah but he's to inconsistent one games he's good and scores next game doesn't do much.and Emnes should go he's been terrible forever

• 3 weeks later...