Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

So Leeds are now owned by the Cagliari owner Massimo Cellino subject to Football League approval. Could we see another Watford-Udinese style link? Cagliari just signed Brazilian wonderkid Adryan.

Doubt it. Apparently we've signed Andrea Tabenelli he is in our squad list but it hasn't been announced though. Absolute mental 2days so far, we apparently want to re-hire McDermott now, it is a mess. The Club never ceases to amaze me. Whatever next.:confused:

So Leeds are now owned by the Cagliari owner Massimo Cellino subject to Football League approval. Could we see another Watford-Udinese style link? Cagliari just signed Brazilian wonderkid Adryan.

I personally don't think it should get through football league approval from what has been said about Cellino's past on twitter, there will be a legal challenge from another group of investors it seems. It wouldn't be anything like Watford IMO Cellino seems to be trying to find himself a new project due to his current disputes involving Cagliari which has got them playing on the road rather than in there own stadium. He's pledged to buy Elland Road which is a good thing.

However the way he's walked in a just started forcing his way on everything before even completing the deal has been horrendous, sacking McDermott because he refused to sign some unknown rubbish Italian players, through a lawyer this is also a lot GFH are current owners fault who are cowards and so desperate to sell due to the losses were making each month currently. Festa the man Cellino wants to place in charge was at the game today making notes on players even tho BMD has apparently been reinstated although I doubt for very long.

Today's result was fantastic but to think that'll be continued or improved on with the current uncertainty hanging over the club is unlikely, the players played for McDermott today IMO and for the fans. The next few days could be I stressing Cellino clearly has underestimated the passion and pride of our fans with all his decisions being reversed today somewhat doubt it'll last long however maybe just a bit scared after not being allowed to leave ER by Angry fans.

As for Ross what a fantastic player deserves better than what's going.

Ryan Halls a little lady dog

Simon Jordan is clueless so out of touch what he said about Ross

GFH cowards

Cellino a bad egg I want nowhere near Leeds.

Things will work out they always do but at the moment it's hard to look at the situation with a positive attitude.

Ps this wasn't all in reply to you James I just needed a rant :P

I personally don't think it should get through football league approval from what has been said about Cellino's past on twitter' date=' there will be a legal challenge from another group of investors it seems. It wouldn't be anything like Watford IMO Cellino seems to be trying to find himself a new project due to his current disputes involving Cagliari which has got them playing on the road rather than in there own stadium. He's pledged to buy Elland Road which is a good thing.

However the way he's walked in a just started forcing his way on everything before even completing the deal has been horrendous, sacking McDermott because he refused to sign some unknown rubbish Italian players, through a lawyer this is also a lot GFH are current owners fault who are cowards and so desperate to sell due to the losses were making each month currently. Festa the man Cellino wants to place in charge was at the game today making notes on players even tho BMD has apparently been reinstated although I doubt for very long.

Today's result was fantastic but to think that'll be continued or improved on with the current uncertainty hanging over the club is unlikely, the players played for McDermott today IMO and for the fans. The next few days could be I stressing Cellino clearly has underestimated the passion and pride of our fans with all his decisions being reversed today somewhat doubt it'll last long however maybe just a bit scared after not being allowed to leave ER by Angry fans.

As for Ross what a fantastic player deserves better than what's going.

Ryan Halls a little lady dog

Simon Jordan is clueless so out of touch what he said about Ross

GFH cowards

Cellino a bad egg I want nowhere near Leeds.

Things will work out they always do but at the moment it's hard to look at the situation with a positive attitude.

Ps this wasn't all in reply to you James I just needed a rant :P[/quote']

It's a mess. Apparently he had no choice to sack McDermott because he was causing arguments. cellino has no also said that GFH were the ones who wanted to sack him but had no guts. He is also annoyed as we tried to sign as many as 5players but because of the FA not passing him only one got through. What I find bizarre is they never announced the sacking and haven't announced this new player on the website. Oh and he has apparently said Festa was acting as a translator and he wouldn't put him in charge of a club as he has no experience. Hopefully this is true. This week could get even more messy! http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/9147082/massimo-cellino-says-he-didnt-sack-leeds-manager-brian-mcdermott

• 4 weeks later...

Queens Park Rangers announce £65m loss in 2013 accounts.

when are clubs going to learn that redknapp will never take on a job that means living within its means.

just how much debt has he left clubs with throughout his career?

when are clubs going to learn that redknapp will never take on a job that means living within its means.

Really hope they don't get promoted.

It's not really all his fault though, he doesn't run the football club and the club should not be allowed to lose that sort of money in a year.

I can't see this problem being resolved from QPR, their problem to high earners failing is to bring in more high earners and ultimately it's going to take them a long time to deal with the issues regarding seriously high earners having long term contracts.

QPR are going for broke this season, it's go up and try and turn it around in the Premier League or face the consequences of financial fair play. QPR are on their way down the footballing pyramid, and to be honest they'll be lucky to avoid liquidation.

I've seen big debt in the football league, but for a club to lose £65 million in a single season is another level. You'd expect that figure to rise for this season as well, considering there income will be significantly reduced without the TV money.

It's not really all his fault though' date=' he doesn't run the football club and the club should not be allowed to lose that sort of money in a year.

I can't see this problem being resolved from QPR, their problem to high earners failing is to bring in more high earners and ultimately it's going to take them a long time to deal with the issues regarding seriously high earners having long term contracts.

QPR are going for broke this season, it's go up and try and turn it around in the Premier League or face the consequences of financial fair play. QPR are on their way down the footballing pyramid, and to be honest they'll be lucky to avoid liquidation.

I've seen big debt in the football league, but for a club to lose £65 million in a single season is another level. You'd expect that figure to rise for this season as well, considering there income will be significantly reduced without the TV money.[/quote']

I agree, it isn't his fault, the debt is the fault of the owners.

but Redknapp wouldn't of taking the job if he didn't have the money at his disposal.

Look at Portsmouth, never recovered.

I was so glad he never got the England job, I have always found him one of the most over rated managers of my time.

• 2 weeks later...

Wigan 1-0 Yeovil, Powell (56)

Wigan 1-1 Yeovil, Miller (82)

Wigan 1-2 Yeovil, Miller (85)

Wigan 2-2 Yeovil, McArthur (86)

Wigan 3-2 Yeovil, Webster OG (88)

Wigan 3-3 Yeovil, Ayling (90)

Unbelievable. Great point for Yeovil in the end, Gary Johnson's done well to keep them competitive at this level.

Very poor decision. Yes, Forest's form is very poor but they're still in 7th place and have a good chance of the play-offs. I don't like Billy Davies, but he will consistently get Forest in and around the play-offs and they could be doing a lot worse than 7th with the injuries he's had to put up with.

Neil Warnock looks like he'll be replacing him, I don't think he's any better than Billy Davies.

Very poor decision. Yes' date=' Forest's form is very poor but they're still in 7th place and have a good chance of the play-offs. I don't like Billy Davies, but he will consistently get Forest in and around the play-offs and they could be doing a lot worse than 7th with the injuries he's had to put up with.

Neil Warnock looks like he'll be replacing him, I don't think he's any better than Billy Davies.[/quote']

He's a lot worse, fair play to him on his promotions at the time, but he is past it now, tactics all over the place and hoof ball galore. Anyway one positive for us Leeds fans at the moment in yet another bad time is that Peltier has joined them, hopefully he will be gone at the end of the year. He can have Brown, Tonge, Kenny, Norris, Morrison and half the team if he wants too.

For us though yet another awful season. Cellino rejected where now?:confused:

I think it is a bit unfair to judge him purely on his time at Leeds though, whilst some of his seven promotions were a long time ago he did win the league with QPR as recent as 2010/2011 and has shown he can be successful when given money to spend.

It just doesn't seem like a sensible decision though given that Warnock isn't going to be there long, you'd give him till the end of next season at most before he retires again and clubs in the football league generally need stability. Forest aren't likely to go up under Warnock, and when he goes they'll have to get rid of the favourites he takes from club to club. It's no surprise that Leicester are top of the league with the longest serving manager in the Championship and Leyton Orient arguably the biggest overachievers with the longest serving manager in League 1.

I think it is a bit unfair to judge him purely on his time at Leeds though' date=' whilst some of his seven promotions were a long time ago he did win the league with QPR as recent as 2010/2011 and has shown he can be successful when given money to spend.

It just doesn't seem like a sensible decision though given that Warnock isn't going to be there long, you'd give him till the end of next season at most before he retires again and clubs in the football league generally need stability. Forest aren't likely to go up under Warnock, and when he goes they'll have to get rid of the favourites he takes from club to club. It's no surprise that Leicester are top of the league with the longest serving manager in the Championship and Leyton Orient arguably the biggest overachievers with the longest serving manager in League 1.[/quote']

Yeh maybe I was slightly harsh but that doesnt matter now he is not going. Peltier is staying now as well :(, or he might be going to Bolton. Chaos!

Leicester are up! Fully deserved as well.

what's happening with the cheats at Preston?

keep us informed.

I feel sorry for the club and fans , I hope the punishment is severe but doesn't affect the club too much.