Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Although it's not nice to see teams go down' date=' Bluenose fans always stick it to us over literally anything (which I guess comes with rivalry) although some things like racially abusing Collymore amongst others is pretty low.

There won't be any tears shed tonight for them put it that way.

There may be some for us though if we don't beat Hull :o

Ray have you been drinking? Brummies a big club?! :confused:[/quote']

Relatively big club....I meant to say Definetley with the ground, fan base (although I can understand why most of them have stayed away for a while)

There is plenty of potential to have a decent set upthere, in no way should they be a third tier club, but the ownership details have killed them.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Relatively big club....I meant to say Definetley with the ground' date=' fan base (although I can understand why most of them have stayed away for a while)

There is plenty of potential to have a decent set upthere, in no way should they be a third tier club, but the ownership details have killed them.[/quote']

Although they are nowhere near a big club in Birmingham yet alone the country, they are definitely too big for League 1.

Oh well. :)

Poor Doncaster! Birmingham deserved to go down really, but as I said... The Championship. Well done to them on a great comeback.

Contrasting emotions all over the place. Lee Clarke looked delighted and fair play to him, he's constantly been under stick so that would have meant SO much! Never nice to see disappointment though and it's no different with Doncaster and Reading.

Hahaha did you just see on Soccer Saturday when they panned to Reading all those fans on the pitch one fat Reading fan running furiously for some reason slipping over falling flat on his backside......:P:p

Gunna need to be some serious pitch renovation me thinks :P

Brighton in the play offs. I fancy our chances. We've beat them twice this season already but if we don't do it its been a great season for us. Highest scorers in the league and Derby's highest ever points tally in the Championship.

The Championship showing once again why it's the most entertaining division in the world.

Anything can happen in the play-offs but you'd have to back Derby over two legs against Brighton, who look like the best out of a bad bunch to be honest. Derby have had a terrific season, a really strong squad and if they were to be promoted in the Premier League would certainly do a lot better than the last time they were there.

Great drama at Birmingham, I couldn't see Birmingham getting anything out of the game but fair play to them for pulling off a footballing miracle. Must be heart braking for Doncaster supporters to be relegated in the last minute, after getting promoted in the last minute last season.

Who does everyone fancy in the playoffs?

I think out of everyone id like to see Derby come up' date=' but haven't actually seen an awful lot of Championship football. What team is most equip to come up?[/quote']

I'm going for Wigan, although Derby look like a very threatening team! :)

Not a classic tonight's game is it :o

QPR will be happy though restricted Wigan to nothing really in terms of goal attempts.

Worst game of football I have ever seen. Unbelievably dull in comparison to yesterday's game.

I'll take either of them at Wembley (If we get there!)

Great performance by Derby, surely favourites for the final based on the first leg of QPR-Wigan.

They look like they'd do very well in the Premier League, but it's not always the best side that produces the best performance at Wembley.

What's happened to Tom Lees and Sam Byram? I remember they were being linked with Premier League clubs not to long ago. Will they get there?

Not too sure, Byram seems to be the more highly rated of the pair.

I think we proved alot of doubters wrong yesterday in terms of our performance. We got alot of stick about the way we played in the first leg but we were flawless apart from conceding in the last minute and we fully deserve to be in the final

im just glad I'm not Steve McLaren - he has to choose a midfield in the final! Impossible considering Hendrick is bang in form and scoring for fun, Bryson is our player of the year and has been so good this season and Hughes' ball retention and skill is sublime for a 19 year old. Thorne will definitely start though due to him being our only defensive midfield option. He was brilliant yesterday as well! We are spoilt for choice in that department.

Bring on Wembley!

Much better than the first game, disappointed to see QPR go through. Really don't want a club run in that way to have any sort of success.

Derby looked a lot stronger than QPR in the semi finals, but anything can happen in the play off final. Derby do have some midfield, I think McClaren will go with Thorne, Bryson and Hendrick at Wembley.