Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Gutted' date=' would hate to see QPR, Redknapp and Barton in the Prem, other than to get smashed each week.

Come on Derby!![/quote']

Add Joe Jordan to that list Ash.

I know who I'm rooting for in the final. Come on you Rams!

Apart from not wanting QPR up, Derby in the PL would mean less worry for Villa as we'd only have to keep an eye on two relegation places as opposed to three :P

Come on the Hoops!!!!!

QPR all the way, why should the whole club be tainted by the reckless actions of owners who should have known better if we did that for all clubs who have owners like that we would never have any clubs to like....

Plenty to like about QPR, Redknapp who never gets the credit he deserves, solid Charachters like Austin, Hill, Dunne etc, believe me a partisan crowd when they get going....and they are a guaranteed away trip for me to see my beloved Liverpool every season....:)

Much better than the first game' date=' disappointed to see QPR go through. Really don't want a club run in that way to have any sort of success.

Derby looked a lot stronger than QPR in the semi finals, but anything can happen in the play off final. Derby do have some midfield, I think McClaren will go with Thorne, Bryson and Hendrick at Wembley.[/quote']

Not seen one neutral fan that actually wants QPR to win which says it all really. If there is any justice in football Derby should win. We finished above them and we beat them last time we played them.

I feel he will go with Thorne, Hendrick and Hughes purely because he hasn't changed a winning team injury permitted this year which would be incredibly harsh on Bryson but I think this Wembley pitch is going to suit Hughes down to the ground. Plenty of space for him to cause problems and create chances.

other than the midfield though the team will be exactly the same as the one that beat Brighton.

Come on the Hoops!!!!!

QPR all the way' date=' why should the whole club be tainted by the reckless actions of owners who should have known better if we did that for all clubs who have owners like that we would never have any clubs to like....

Plenty to like about QPR, Redknapp who never gets the credit he deserves, solid Charachters like Austin, Hill, Dunne etc, believe me a partisan crowd when they get going....and they are a guaranteed away trip for me to see my beloved Liverpool every season....:)[/quote']

I think it's fair enough that the club is judged by the actions of it's owners. These are owners that the fans support, and the fans are more than happy to risk their future for some short term success by making the club as unsustainable as possible.

I don't want a team to do well that throws money at all of it's problems, it's not the example to set. I don't particularly want any side that is as unsustainable as QPR to succeed, as a club they can't afford near what they spend on wages and if they were to avoid promotion they would be punished by FFP.

Clint Hill who almost cost his team a penalty and a man in the first leg is a solid character? There's certainly a lot more to like about Derby County.

I think it's fair enough that the club is judged by the actions of it's owners. These are owners that the fans support' date=' and the fans are more than happy to risk their future for some short term success by making the club as unsustainable as possible.

I don't want a team to do well that throws money at all of it's problems, it's not the example to set. I don't particularly want any side that is as unsustainable as QPR to succeed, as a club they can't afford near what they spend on wages and if they were to avoid promotion they would be punished by FFP.

Clint Hill who almost cost his team a penalty and a man in the first leg is a solid character? There's certainly a lot more to like about Derby County.[/quote']

So Clint Hill is the first person in professional football to ever commit a foul is he :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He is a guy who has given blood, sweat and tears to that club throughout the divisions over numerous years and whilst some of the prima donnas were rinsing the club try he was trying his absolute best for the club giving everything...

So yeah I think he is a pretty solid charachter and worthy of respect.

No it is not right that an entire club, its fanbase etc is judged by the actions of its owners if that is the case then half the clubs in this country could have at sme point be "tainted". Do the fans make financial decisions etc no they don't they just support there team.

Couple of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on this forum.

So Clint Hill is the first person in professional football to ever commit a foul is he :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He is a guy who has given blood' date=' sweat and tears to that club throughout the divisions over numerous years and whilst some of the prima donnas were rinsing the club try he was trying his absolute best for the club giving everything...

So yeah I think he is a pretty solid charachter and worthy of respect.

No it is not right that an entire club, its fanbase etc is judged by the actions of its owners if that is the case then half the clubs in this country could have at sme point be "tainted". Do the fans make financial decisions etc no they don't they just support there team.

Couple of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on this forum.[/quote']

There's a difference between committing a foul, and elbowing someone off the ball inside the area.

He's been okay for them, but ultimately he's nothing special in terms of being a club servant, he's been there for four years.

I think it's completely fair to judge a team by how they are run on a day by day basis, that's not to say any club that's had bad owners are a bad club but to say that a club will be judged by how they are run. QPR can't expect to spend extortionately on players they can't afford without being judged for it, clubs are judged by the way they are run.

Got my Wembley ticket today. Sold out in 54 minutes :eek: Incredibly lucky to get one.

I'm jealous. :D I'll be watching the game from my TV.

Precisely a real fan only ever has one team.....

I'm not sure why I even root for Arsenal. I think it's only because of a slight connection and they are in the Premier League. At least I stuck to them unlike some people I know who jumped off the Manchester United bandwagon. The thing is, you have to find someone to root for in the Premier League, but you can only have one. I've decided that as long as Derby stay in the Premier League, they'll be the team I'll root for.

I'm not sure why I even root for Arsenal. I think it's only because of a slight connection and they are in the Premier League. At least I stuck to them unlike some people I know who jumped off the Manchester United bandwagon. The thing is' date=' [b']you have to find someone to root for in the Premier League[/b], but you can only have one. I've decided that as long as Derby stay in the Premier League, they'll be the team I'll root for.

Why.....? :confused:

We are days away from inevitable Derby victory! Errr, I mean, the playoff final. So I would like your thoughts on who's going to win the final and get promoted to the premier league and why.

Here's an example:

Derby County is going to win the final and advance because they have good form and great players.(I've been a horrible fan not watching their games).

Final tomorrow. Cannot wait to get down there. Would love it if we got the win tomorrow. Like McClaren and our own Sir Jake Bucko have said if we play like we have done all season, their is only going to be one outcome. I certainly hope so and it would be what we deserve.

Lets hope justice is served tomorrow. COYR.

LOL :P

Get ready for the usual two pages of QPR bashing.

Instead people should focus on a team who have often been questioned showing enormous charachter, determination and will to come through an almost impossible situation.

Fair play to Redknapp would have been the easy to thing to take Zamora or Austin off when the sending off happened but left the game winners on and on about there only break Bobby showed great composure to slot it away.

They stifled Derby and at no point did I ever think Derby were going to score, Dunne in particular was immense.

Another Liverpool game to go to next season and credit QPR everybody is always against them and good to see them have there day :)