Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Clubs in Germany' date=' Spain, France et cetera certainly don't benefit from having a second team in a competitive league at all.[/quote']

Clubs in Germany, Spain and France don't have second teams in competitive leagues.

The football league structure is miles ahead of any other nations lowers leagues.

Spain had absolutely no international success up until 2008, despite having B teams being part of the leagues for as far back as the 1940's, it is not the reason for their success.

Clubs in Germany' date=' Spain and France don't have second teams in competitive leagues.

The football league structure is miles ahead of any other nations lowers leagues.

Spain had absolutely no international success up until 2008, despite having B teams being part of the leagues for as far back as the 1940's, it is not the reason for their success.[/quote']

So Swansea have only been playing competitive football since 2011? Would explain a lot.

How is winning a European Championship prior to 2008 no success? How are we defining success nowadays?

So Swansea have only been playing competitive football since 2011? Would explain a lot.

How is winning a European Championship prior to 2008 no success? How are we defining success nowadays?

I haven't said that, the football league is competitive.

Competitive might be the wrong word, however the Spanish, French and German lower leagues are a lot weaker. There's teams in the lower leagues of those countries with pretty much nothing to play for, and on the whole their lower leagues are incredibly weak in comparison to England.

I hadn't realised they'd won the Euros in 1964, but they failed to qualify for the next three European championships as well as Euro 1992. Up until 2010, there record at World Cups was poor with just the one Semi Final in 1950. B teams are not the reason for their recent success.

I haven't said that' date=' the football league is competitive.

Competitive might be the wrong word, however the Spanish, French and German lower leagues are a lot weaker. There's teams in the lower leagues of those countries with pretty much nothing to play for, and on the whole their lower leagues are incredibly weak in comparison to England.

I hadn't realised they'd won the Euros in 1964, but they failed to qualify for the next three European championships as well as Euro 1992. Up until 2010, there record at World Cups was poor with just the one Semi Final in 1950. B teams are not the reason for their recent success.[/quote']

They aren't. But I don't see how a bunch of kids from Manchester Red or Blue ripping it up in League Two in a few years time is going to hinder British football. Barca B were set up in the 70s, 8 league titles prior to that in 70 plus years and 14 since and all European Cup wins since. That's just meaningless stats though. I don't think it's as simple as just saying "yay no B teams great for British football" when you see countless youngsters never given a chance and farmed out year after year until in their early 20s when usually they're sold to at best a below average Championship side and if not far below that. The reserve league is a joke, B teams are unfair, it's not simple.

They aren't. But I don't see how a bunch of kids from Manchester Red or Blue ripping it up in League Two in a few years time is going to hinder British football. Barca B were set up in the 70s' date=' 8 league titles prior to that in 70 plus years and 14 since and all European Cup wins since. That's just meaningless stats though. I don't think it's as simple as just saying "yay no B teams great for British football" when you see countless youngsters never given a chance and farmed out year after year until in their early 20s when usually they're sold to at best a below average Championship side and if not far below that. The reserve league is a joke, B teams are unfair, it's not simple.[/quote']

They'd have no support, tradition or history, and would have little to play for with no real pressure to achieve any real success.

The standard of Liga Adelante is on the decline, and nowhere near the standard of the English Football League with very poor crowds, finances and quality of football. Teams like Barca B and RM Castilla have nothing to play for, and it's not a division that we should be looking to emulate.

Exactly the same would happen with B teams, they'd be hoarded by the big clubs and be playing in the 4th tier of England until their early 20's. They are given the opportunity to play in the football league now, and the majority of young players aren't going to make it at their clubs whether there's B teams or not.

Interesting signing for Derby that i'll be keen to see how it works out, Alban Bunjaku signing on a free.

Once considered a hot prospect of Arsenal after bagging plenty of goals for the youth teams, was supposed to be very technically gifted as well. Ended up going to Sevilla on a free after a drawn out affair, not really sure on the whole story.

Now back in the English game it'll be interesting if he can live upto previous hype and does have anything special. I guess if he was all that good Sevilla would of used him and kept him but i still think it will be good to see.

I'm sad to see that Reading have to offload most of there star players to cover a debt there in, not sure what the reason for the debt is but I know the fee is around 20 Million Pound and with the previous Russian Owner deciding to leave the club as owner we now have to offload the players to cover the debt,

Reading released one of our key players last year Jobi McAnuff to cut wage bills etc, Alfie was sold to Cardiff for 2.5 Million to cover more debt, Alex McCarthy and Jordan Obita are also being tracked by clubs and if Reading don't get a new owner soon we will have to depart with them as well.

Reading are up for sale for £1 but to who ever buys the club has to deal with a 20 Million pound debt so can't see a new take over any time soon, it's sad to see this especially with Reading being one of the best teams in the Championship and with this trouble could end all that with offloading key players.

Sure hope we are taken over soon to help keep our key players, bring in new players and help battle for that promotion to the top league.

Personally don't see the problem in Louis Tomlinson becoming a co-owner of Doncaster. He's got a lot of money to pump into the club and he's a fan of the club so will be passionate about them succeeding. He doesn't have experience of running a club, which is what a lot of people seem to have a problem with (apparently), but do most Sheiks that take over clubs have previous experience of owning an English club?

Not to sound like a 13 year old One Direction fan that criticises anything bad said about them, but I think it's just a load of bitter people whinging because they don't like the type of music he makes. You know, those music experts... :P

I think most would invest in their hometown club if they had the money to do so.

Apparently Fulham have signed Ross McCormack from Leeds for £10M...

Didn't they learn there lesson when they wasted 12m on Kostas....

How they can afford to keep throwing this amount of money around I don't know, threw money around like Confetti in the last window.

Strange move for Ross as well, if he was gunna leave surely if he waited a mid-lower PL side would have come in for him.

Strange one me thinks for all parties :o

£10 million is just stupid money, they don't even need to spend that sort of money with so many prospects coming through up front (Dembele, Trotta, Woodrow, Taggart) but that money on Ross McCormack is just ridiculous.

I guess it's going to be the case that good Championship players will be going for stupid money, with the new television rights deal finding it's way down the league system.

Scotland now have a £30 million plus strike force in McCormack, Fletcher and Rhodes :o

So far so good for Derby - Hendrick, Forsyth, Hughes, Buxton and now Bryson have signed new deals with us. Bryson turned down a move to Burnley. Absolutely brilliant news. Looks like we are going to keep the majority of the squad we had last season and George Thorne looks like he's going to sign permanently in the next few days.

Stevie Mac is looking to bring in a striker and a right back as well as Thorne so we shall see.

Staying down doesn't look too bad afterall....

We've had a brilliant summer and not really brought anyone in of note. Just got our top players to stick with us. Everyone saw that playoff final, they know the score and glad that those players have got themselves back in the saddle for another season.

George Thorne is a must, as is a right back hopefully of Wisdoms class. I'd still be tempted to to bring in another centre half as well as a forward. Still work to be done to sustain a push for promotion next season.

What do you see our starting line up as next year woz?

The only thing I can think is that Fulham are under the impression that Ross can fire them back into the premier league. If he does, £10m suddenly seems like a good price for promotion. If he doesn't..

It's a huge gamble. And a rip off in my eyes. There are better strikers in that division IMO. I know he finished top of the charts btw.

We've had a brilliant summer and not really brought anyone in of note. Just got our top players to stick with us. Everyone saw that playoff final' date=' they know the score and glad that those players have got themselves back in the saddle for another season.

George Thorne is a must, [b']as is a right back[/b] hopefully of Wisdoms class. I'd still be tempted to to bring in another centre half as well as a forward. Still work to be done to sustain a push for promotion next season.

What do you see our starting line up as next year woz?

Well we've signed Cyrus Christie today who is a very good prospect. Whether he'll be a starter I'm not too sure but its a good signing nonetheless.

Starting XI for the first game I'd go

GK: Grant

New RB (Christie for now)

CBs: Keogh, Buxton

LB: Forsyth

DM:*Thorne*

CM: Bryson

CM: Hendrick

LW: Russell

CF: Martin

RW: Dawkins

Subs: Roos, Whitbread, Eustace, Hughes, Ward, Bennett, New CF.

Still hoping we go after Wisdom once he isn't named in Liverpool's 25 man squad. Don't think we need a CB I think O'Brien could make the step up this season apparently he's looked very good so far this season and we already have Whitbread. Also Barks may be making a comeback but probably won't be the same player that we saw when he first signed. Our midfield is ridiculous for this league though.

Karl Oyston must be the worst chairman in football. All the money Blackpool gained from going up four years ago and they spent about 0.000000009% of it. Now, three years after being relegated from the promise land, they have cancelled their pre-season tour of Spain due to having just eight players in the squad. Other than investing in two (or one and a half) new stands I can't tell you where that £90M went. No doubt Oyston's back pocket.

As a Preston fan I should be rubbing my hands at the thought, but a very close relative of mine was brought up in Blackpool and supported them his entire life so I've never had that 'hatred' for them. It was always Burnley but fair play to them for getting where they are now :P

Sturridge only cost £2m more..... lol.

And Diego Costa cost £10million less than Sturridge a couple of years ago, what's your point?

Fulham have money and want to get back into the EPL. Not a bad signing as far as things go especially as the initial fee isn't anywhere near what is reported.

And Diego Costa cost £10million less than Sturridge a couple of years ago' date=' what's your point?[/quote']

The point is Daniel Sturridge is a proven Premier League and International goalscorer and Ross McCormack is a decent (But in my opinion, not that good) Championship striker who hasn't even been tested in the Premier League. I don't even think he's the best striker in the Championship so god knows how much Jordan Rhodes is worth.

He certainly does not justify an £11m pricetag. He's had one good season. Leeds are the real winners in this!

Everything about the way Blackpool are run is so amateurish, they just don't run like a professional club should.

Oysten has sold any player worth anything, and looking at their squad I don't think there entire time is worth any more than £1 million.

He's just asset stripped them, the club seems to have debt it doesn't intend to pay and he's just pocketed the money from himself.

I'd be very surprised if they stay up this season with Oysten in charge, under him I could see them bringing in a team of free transfers and loans and I can't see Riga staying long.

Everything about the way Blackpool are run is so amateurish' date=' they just don't run like a professional club should.

Oysten has sold any player worth anything, and looking at their squad I don't think there entire time is worth any more than £1 million.

He's just asset stripped them, the club seems to have debt it doesn't intend to pay and he's just pocketed the money from himself.

I'd be very surprised if they stay up this season with Oysten in charge, under him I could see them bringing in a team of free transfers and loans and I can't see Riga staying long.[/quote']

He didn't even get a fee for Ince which is completely mind boggling.

I'm pretty sure they'll be given compensation for Ince at a tribunal.

Can't imagine it will be close to a fee he could of got if he was under contract?