Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Karl Oyston must be the worst chairman in football. All the money Blackpool gained from going up four years ago and they spent about 0.000000009% of it. Now' date=' three years after being relegated from the promise land, they have cancelled their pre-season tour of Spain due to having just eight players in the squad. Other than investing in two (or one and a half) new stands I can't tell you where that £90M went. No doubt Oyston's back pocket.

As a Preston fan I should be rubbing my hands at the thought, but a very close relative of mine was brought up in Blackpool and supported them his entire life so I've never had that 'hatred' for them. It was always Burnley but fair play to them for getting where they are now :P[/quote']

Apparently Riga has walked and Blackpool now have just eight players and no manager. Congratulations Oyston, you win the award for running a club to the ground and beyond. 'When the going gets tough, do absolutely nothing' must be his motto.

Edit: actually, he has done something...

He's apparently bought a new £2m mansion.

Apparently Riga has walked and Blackpool now have just eight players and no manager. Congratulations Oyston' date=' you win the award for running a club to the ground and beyond. 'When the going gets tough, do absolutely nothing' must be his motto.

Edit: actually, he has done something...

He's apparently bought a new £2m mansion.[/quote']

Well at least Forest are safe from finishing bottom :o

Derby have agreed a fee with West Brom for George Thorne. An absolutely unbelievable effort from everyone involved at DCFC and I can confidently say that we will have the best midfield in the Championship next season. Period. (:D)

Derby have agreed a fee with West Brom for George Thorne. An absolutely unbelievable effort from everyone involved at DCFC and I can confidently say that we will have the best midfield in the Championship next season. Period. (:D)

That's a huge capture! I thought he was one of the best midfielders in The Championship last season.

That's a huge capture! I thought he was one of the best midfielders in The Championship last season.

Its a big signing indeed and by the sounds of it its also our record transfer fee. £3.75m. As you can imagine I couldn't give two hoots how much we paid for him. We've got the missing piece in the jigsaw and I can confidently say that we will be there or there abouts for promotion next season.

Its a big signing indeed and by the sounds of it its also our record transfer fee. £3.75m. As you can imagine I couldn't give two hoots how much we paid for him. We've got the missing piece in the jigsaw and I can confidently say that we will be there or there abouts for promotion next season.

Yeah it's huge, so happy that we've pulled it off. Cannot believe that we actually stumped up the cash for him. Now the challenge is fitting Thorne, Bryson, Hendrick and Hughes into 1 formation because I really don't want to lose Hughes out of the line up.

From now I would be happy with Brayford who wants out at Cardiff, a back up striker to help Martin out and another center half. Buxton was immense last season but adding some more quality at the back would really put us into automatic talk.

Karl Oyston's sons are a bit arrogant. Much like their dad I guess. One of them tried shushing the state their father has made at Blackpool by responding 'league one' to any negative response from a North End fan.

I'm sure once daddy has that mansion reposesed in a few years they won't be as cocky.

Karl Oyston's sons are a bit arrogant. Much like their dad I guess. One of them tried shushing the state their father has made at Blackpool by responding 'league one' to any negative response from a North End fan.

I'm sure once daddy has that mansion reposesed in a few years they won't be as cocky.

So incredibly unprofessional. Sounds similar to the Forest owners when they tweeted about us losing the play off final which was Forests highlight of the season which says it all really..

Why embarrass yourself and the club like that? Its completely contradictory aswell seeing as it looks like Blackpool will be in League 1 next year and Preston may well get promoted.

I do not believe it. George Thorne has blown his ACL and is reportedly out for up to 9 months. Ridiculously cruel to George and the Derby side who were looking in excellent shape. Days after his 2.5 million move.

Just like to say to the gods of football who allowed this to happen.

. :( #Meltdown

I do not believe it. George Thorne has blown his ACL and is reportedly out for up to 9 months. Ridiculously cruel to George and the Derby side who were looking in excellent shape. Days after his 2.5 million move.

Just like to say you to the gods of football who allowed this to happen

:( #Meltdown

Lost for words. Its hard to take especially when he was injured in such a meaningless game. Looks like we'll be looking at the loan market for that area this season now as I can't see Eustace lasting the whole season and Hanson isn't experienced enough just yet...

At the end of the day though we are still in an incredibly strong position and I'm sure there are many clubs in this League that would swap positions in a heartbeat (Blackpool spring to mind)

The situation at Forest is a little embarrassing it is not? I actually feel sorry for Pearce. Fawaz is slowly ripping Forest to pieces bit by bit its brilliant :)

The situation at Forest is a little embarrassing it is not? I actually feel sorry for Pearce. Fawaz is slowly ripping Forest to pieces bit by bit its brilliant :)

That's all football is to some owners now: a business.

It's the sad reality of it all, although I don't think I've quite got over Forest fans telling us that we're not famous anymore when we played each other a few years ago. The irony still makes me cringe ;)

Not famous anymore, but were 3-0 up at half time in that game. Ah, the championship... :(

Karl Oyston must be the worst chairman in football. All the money Blackpool gained from going up four years ago and they spent about 0.000000009% of it. Now' date=' three years after being relegated from the promise land, they have cancelled their pre-season tour of Spain due to having just eight players in the squad. Other than investing in two (or one and a half) new stands I can't tell you where that £90M went. No doubt Oyston's back pocket.

As a Preston fan I should be rubbing my hands at the thought, but a very close relative of mine was brought up in Blackpool and supported them his entire life so I've never had that 'hatred' for them. It was always Burnley but fair play to them for getting where they are now :P[/quote']

Might be wrong but didn't a lot of the money Blackpool earned during their time in the Prem get reinvested into the club facilities? I remember Oyston making a big point about not splurging all revenue on expensive foreign signings and huge wages, instead focusing on developing the club's foundations as they are critical to long term success. I was very impressed with that methodology at the time, especially since Blackpool did so well on a shoe-string budget for the majority of that season.

I haven't been close enough to their situation in recent times to comment, (or football in general for that matter) but I would think - and hope - that there's more to it than simply the cash going in his back pocket. Will welcome being proven wrong though!

Never on here anymore so look forward to readin your response in a few weeks! :D

Might be wrong but didn't a lot of the money Blackpool earned during their time in the Prem get reinvested into the club facilities? I remember Oyston making a big point about not splurging all revenue on expensive foreign signings and huge wages' date=' instead focusing on developing the club's foundations as they are critical to long term success. I was very impressed with that methodology at the time, especially since Blackpool did so well on a shoe-string budget for the majority of that season.

I haven't been close enough to their situation in recent times to comment, (or football in general for that matter) but I would think - and hope - that there's more to it than simply the cash going in his back pocket. Will welcome being proven wrong though!

Never on here anymore so look forward to readin your response in a few weeks! :D[/quote']

Nope. Their training facilities and COE are still way below the standard of that of a championship. A lot of money has been spent of building a hotel which runs at a loss and a lot of the money has been taken out and paid into other Oyston owned companies.

The players that are kept on during the off season are paid something like £90 a week. They still have to take their own kit home to wash it and they have to bring their own water to training well so is the word of Michael Chopra :D

They are an absolute joke of a football club. The Oyston's just continue to laugh at the fans much like they did last season.

Well cracking start by us :rolleyes:' date=' picking up where we left off last season. Alot of improvement needed or this year we wont beat the drop.[/quote']

what do you think of your manager?

read everywhere that you were poor and outplayed last week but in his interview he saw it differently, the few things I have heard him say give me the impression that he is trying to convince himself that he is the right man for the job.

what do you think of your manager?

read everywhere that you were poor and outplayed last week but in his interview he saw it differently' date=' the few things I have heard him say give me the impression that he is trying to convince himself that he is the right man for the job.[/quote']

His interview was one many seem to make now saying we were better then we were, I will definetly give him a chance, was very annoyed at the start though but Cellino seems to care and I feel safer in him, and that he and Nicolas Salerno can get the players especially now having got Sharp in we will hopefully improve. On today we were better but still lack quality in areas and it will take time to really gel but I'm not getting carried away again.

His interview was one many seem to make now saying we were better then we were' date=' I will definetly give him a chance, was very annoyed at the start though but Cellino seems to care and I feel safer in him, and that he and Nicolas Salerno can get the players especially now having got Sharp in we will hopefully improve. On today we were better but still lack quality in areas and it will take time to really gel but I'm not getting carried away again.[/quote']

Anything is better then we had to watch for last few seasons. I would say it was in the Grayson days last time we played decent football.

We have made a few good signing so things are definitely looking good and it looks like Antenucci will sign tomorrow.

Anything is better then we had to watch for last few seasons. I would say it was in the Grayson days last time we played decent football.

We have made a few good signing so things are definitely looking good and it looks like Antenucci will sign tomorrow.

We're not that keen on signing Antenucci apparently but he's coming over so will see.

Adryan's the big one for me, need some creativity in midfield desperately and any excuse to drop/sell Austin.

First time I've had a season ticket since Bates got his teeth into the club, got a good feeling these next couple of years.

We're not that keen on signing Antenucci apparently but he's coming over so will see.

Adryan's the big one for me' date=' need some creativity in midfield desperately and any excuse to drop/sell Austin.

First time I've had a season ticket since Bates got his teeth into the club, got a good feeling these next couple of years.[/quote']

According to Phil Hay, Antenucci is a done deal. Adryan would be a big signing but it sounds like it's way off happening.

According to Phil Hay' date=' Antenucci is a done deal. Adryan would be a big signing but it sounds like it's way off happening.[/quote']

Well we need Adryan desperately and about another 6midfielders :rolleyes:. Sounded awful again last night, 1 shot on target at home I think it was and then he takes of Sharp for Poleon:confused:. Cook needs to start over Austin for now until we get a midfielder who can play as Cook at 17 won't last the season and we need width and pace, they all just seem to lack any type of brain and ability to pass.