Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

just had a look at the Italians that Leeds have signed , on soccerway, what is the connection with buying a load of Italians?

is the agent of these players a relation to your owner?

not one of them has a history that looks impressive and I cant imagine their wages would be very low either.

Remember when Roy Keane took over at Sunderland when they were bottom of the table after a similar amount of games, following relegation from the PL, and ended up leading them to the title? Lightning could very well strike twice with Fulham in the same position ;)

If they were to sack Magath, I'd definitely consider Pulis to be a front runner.

Has the Leeds manager being sacked yet? A really stupid appointment in the first place to be honest..

Not yet but I've heard that all the players have been called to Elland Road for a meeting at 2 today.

Gazzetta dello sport is reporting that Rolando Maran is been lined up for the job.

Sky Sports believe he's on the verge of being sacked.

Whilst I don't think it was a good appointment, he never stood a chance in the job. Leeds have a very poor limited side, that will be struggling in this division whoever's managing them.

Leeds have a very poor limited side' date=' that will be struggling in this division whoever's managing them.[/quote']

Do you really know anything ?

We have 11 new signings and you think its limited. Players will take time to settle.

Do you really know anything ?

We have 11 new signings and you think its limited. Players will take time to settle.

Your new signings include the likes of Nicky Ajose, who aren't good enough for the Championship and a lot of unproven Italians who haven't made a great impression with two of them already seeing red.

The expectations from Leeds fans are ridiculous, I know you're a big club but it counts for nothing when you've got the squad you do. Sides like Watford will beat you comfortably, because their a much better side than you with much more quality in front of goal.

Your new signings include the likes of Nicky Ajose' date=' who aren't good enough for the Championship and a lot of unproven Italians who haven't made a great impression with two of them already seeing red.

The expectations from Leeds fans are ridiculous, I know you're a big club but it counts for nothing when you've got the squad you do. Sides like Watford will beat you comfortably, because their a much better side than you with much more quality in front of goal.[/quote']

Will have to wait and see if the new players are good enough for the championship but to say the players have not made a great impression after 3 league games is a bit of a joke.

I think fans of most clubs have high expectations (would be a bit silly not to)

You say you know Leeds are a big club but it's just the name that's big, Leeds have not been good team for all the time I've supported them apart from when I was about 3, but cant really say I was a supporter then even though I went to places like Madrid and Lazio.

Not yet but I've heard that all the players have been called to Elland Road for a meeting at 2 today.

Gazzetta dello sport is reporting that Rolando Maran is been lined up for the job.

What do you make of it? My dads a Leeds fan,so we have discussions :),I said it was a stupid appointment in the first place.He wasn't impressed either.

Again though,they need someone in who knows the league imo.

having read the BBC match report and saw on the stats there , that Leeds didn't have a shot on target, it would seem as though the manager sees things differently

Leeds head coach Dave Hockaday said: "I thought we were passing the ball well, frustrating them, they were getting very frustrated and animated on their bench, they were changing things.

"I thought we came here and did a very, very good job and played some decent stuff which I'm very, very happy with".

Don't know how much money Leeds have but I would have thought they would turn their attention to a British manager with a decent knowledge of the league, the wrong manager now could put them in a season long relegation battle.

Why he is still here :eek:

Clueless, away fans apparently turned although I missed the game being at another Leeds teams match in London:D, but apparently another game without a shot on target. A bunch of hot heads brought, two now off on debuts, more clueless decisions and the same diabolical midfield (the worst in the league probably the football league )played again. If he goes though it will probably be another manager or coach we have no idea about.

I said at the end of last season I worried but now with so little of the market left we need some very good signings. Casper Sloth coming apparently played for Denmark so might be decent, will no doubt turn right awful when he gets here though. And Byram can go for me awful for a year and a half and clear he aint bothered although probably to late to find a replacement. We are a long long way off anything decent, and saying all this rant I feel in the best hands we have in 10 years, a mad house :P

Is he still going to have a job after this weekend?

how many times do we hear of a chairman lying to the press about how safe the managers job is, whilst going behind his back to find his replacement?

chairmen rarely admit they are wrong, so it will be interesting if the Leeds chairman is a man of his words, regarding his statement on Sunday.

No.He got sacked this afternoon.

Should never have appointed him' date=' it was never going to work.[/quote']

why do Leeds attract such terrible chairmen?

who bought Sloth? couldn't have been the manager as the chairman knew he was going but who else decides to buy players?

did Hockaday see all your Italians in action or did they just appear at the training ground?

why do Leeds attract such terrible chairmen?

who bought Sloth? couldn't have been the manager as the chairman knew he was going but who else decides to buy players?

did Hockaday see all your Italians in action or did they just appear at the training ground?

Hockaday did not buy any of the players, he's job was just to coach them.

Nicola Salerno and Cellino decides who we sign.

Hockaday did not buy any of the players' date=' he's job was just to coach them.

Nicola Salerno and Cellino decides who we sign.[/quote']

really,? so that's why you have had a load of Italians dumped on you.

I don't see how that can work, I always have thought that players and teams need managing, as well as coaching.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2737524/Mehdi-Benatia-signed-Bayern-Munich-21m-Blackpool-wouldn-t-pay-100-000.html

Another Oyston moment to add to the collection. Businessman of the year!

(I realise Benatia may not have turned out to be the same player had he moved).

As Much as i am happy with the amount of quality loan signings Middlesbrough are making as a club it just shows how screwed we are with finances if we have to rely on loanees who will leave us at the end of the year in the same trouble finding players as we are now

Just as long as Grayson doesn't :P

From Phil Hay of YEP

On Grayson' date=' was told yesterday that Grayson's people have indicated to Cellino that he'd want the Leeds job. But Cellino wants someone else[/quote']

I would love him back.

From Phil Hay of YEP

I would love him back.

Sounds like he's staying from what I've heard this afternoon. I don't know, it's basically one or the other isn't it :P

We're after Dominic Poleon from you, after we permanently sold Stuart Beavon to Burton. Is there a lot to know about him?