Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

You've done very well to keep hold of Albert Adomah (again)' date=' and Jelle Vossen looks like a good loan signing. Think you're in for a strong season as well.[/quote']

iam very surprised Adomah is still here and Friend (he had quite a few prem suiters)

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2737524/Mehdi-Benatia-signed-Bayern-Munich-21m-Blackpool-wouldn-t-pay-100-000.html

Another Oyston moment to add to the collection. Businessman of the year!

(I realise Benatia may not have turned out to be the same player had he moved).

Not one player signed on deadline day. Congratulations, Mr Oyston.

Re: The Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Jose Riga has reportedly resigned from Blackpool, and I don't blame him. Riga was very good at Charlton but just wasn't backed at all at Blackpool. Yes, in the end Blackpool did sign players but they were all free agents and loans and very of them look like they're good enough for this level.

Riga's exit is a big blow for Blackpool, as I can't see any manager of his quality or a manager capable of getting a job at another Championship or even League side taking on Blackpool knowing the strength of the squad and knowing that the owner isn't prepared to spend any money on the team.

Jose Riga has reportedly resigned from Blackpool' date=' and I don't blame him. Riga was very good at Charlton but just wasn't backed at all at Blackpool. Yes, in the end Blackpool did sign players but they were all free agents and loans and very of them look like they're good enough for this level.

Riga's exit is a big blow for Blackpool, as I can't see any manager of his quality or a manager capable of getting a job at another Championship or even League side taking on Blackpool knowing the strength of the squad and knowing that the owner isn't prepared to spend any money on the team.[/quote']

It's all still a big mess really. A journalist very close to Blackpool FC (think Tony Barrett and Liverpool) has tweeted a few things over the last few days, and I think it's fair to say that nobody knows what's going on. Riga is out one day, then he's smiling and waving to fans outside the ground the next.

The same man also said that Coyle and Rowett would be favourites to take over, although I don't think Riga should be sacked when he's doing all he can with the players at his disposal. You're right though, the Oystons have made any potential vacancy in the future a poisoned chalice.

Asombalonga (spelling) has got to be the signing of the season in the championship thus far.

A hat-trick for Assombalonga tonight! Worth going to a Forest game' date=' Roy Hodgson?

Magath is gone now surely?

I'd personally give him a few more games to see how he gets on. Attacking wise, Fulham should be a great threat and should be nowhere near the bottom of the league, but defensively they've been awful so far this season, which goes without saying. McCormack looks like he's getting more used to his new surroundings, so Magath should now really be focused on intense defensive training, if he isn't already. It's a lot easier said than done, but surely becoming stronger at the back will help Fulham push on and get decent results through goals scored by their attacking force at the other end and it being a case of the attacking threat that they pose outweighing any mistakes in a much stronger backline. Sadly for them at the minute, the latter is far outweighing the former.

Looks like Solskjaer is gone which is a shame, far too naive as a manager. His tinkering was just plane ridiculous, I've heard he's changed his back four in all of his games as manager of Cardiff. He still may make it as a manager, but he's got a lot to learn.

Surely it's time Magath got the sack, I understand that he's got a completely new team and that he's got lots of young players but it's ultimately his decision to throw so many young unproven players in to a difficult league which will cost Fulham if they continue with this all season.

Darko Milanic the latest Leeds managerial casualty

Massimo Cellino is a massive tool.

Ridiculous, isn't it? As Steve Evans said on the FL Show last night, I think it'd be a good idea to try and introduce a system/contract clause whereby a club has to stick with a manager for a certain period of time before they're allowed to part company, unless the circumstances are exceptional (i.e. if the manager became seriously ill or, if worse came to worst, died, etc.).

I think three months was the suggested period of time needed before making a rash decision such as this and I agree.

Ridiculous' date=' isn't it? As Steve Evans said on the FL Show last night, I think it'd be a good idea to try and introduce a system/contract clause whereby a club has to stick with a manager for a certain period of time before they're allowed to part company, unless the circumstances are exceptional (i.e. if the manager became seriously ill or, if worse came to worst, died, etc.).

I think three months was the suggested period of time needed before making a rash decision such as this and I agree.[/quote']

As much as Steve Evans is a tool also, I agreed with what he said last night. (Including what he said about Slade as well) You only have to look at Big Sam to see that sticking with a manager over time reaps rewards, and changing managers like socks certainly doesn't

Riga's been sacked, I'm not quite sure what the expectations that he was given were but he's done pretty well to get anything in the circumstances. Not only has he not been given the resources to build a squad capable of playing at this level, but he's had no time for a completely new side to gel with each other. All the blame has to go to Oysten, despite his attempts to put the blame on Riga with his sacking.

No manager in their right mind would take on this job. The expectation seems to be survival with a side that's got no money to spend, that's clearly not good enough for this level and that already have ground to make up.

As much as Steve Evans is a tool also' date=' I agreed with what he said last night. (Including what he said about Slade as well) You only have to look at Big Sam to see that sticking with a manager over time reaps rewards, and changing managers like socks certainly doesn't[/quote']

Exactly, it can work both ways with time and a bit of faith. Oh, and support of the manager, which brings me to...

Riga's been sacked' date=' I'm not quite sure what the expectations that he was given were but he's done pretty well to get anything in the circumstances. Not only has he not been given the resources to build a squad capable of playing at this level, but he's had no time for a completely new side to gel with each other. All the blame has to go to Oysten, despite his attempts to put the blame on Riga with his sacking.

No manager in their right mind would take on this job. The expectation seems to be survival with a side that's got no money to spend, that's clearly not good enough for this level and that already have ground to make up.[/quote']

Oyston cares about nothing but money. It was the same long before this seasons 'crisis', only now it's come to a head. He'll continue to run Blackpool into the ground if it means he'll make money without investing.

Rumour has it that Lee Clark is going to take over.