Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

The team i really want to get promoted is AFC Bouremouth. Am i right in thinking they have never been in the premier league ?

But this race for promotion is very interesting and close.

They have never played in the top league in England, before this year their highest finish was around mid table in the old second division when they were managed by Harry "floppy chops" Redknapp.

Still not calm after the absolute atrocious refereeing we had to endure against Birmingham who turned up, got played off the park and somehow escaped with a draw.

Derby could and probably should be running away with this league. As it stands I doubt we'll make automatic.

Still not calm after the absolute atrocious refereeing we had to endure against Birmingham who turned up' date=' got played off the park and somehow escaped with a draw.

Derby could and probably should be running away with this league. As it stands I doubt we'll make automatic.[/quote']

Derby have one of if not the best squad in the league having you been hit hard by injuries recently?

Derby have one of if not the best squad in the league having you been hit hard by injuries recently?

Not really. Chris Martin being out has had a big impact on us. Plus the continual assault on Will Hughes is becoming abit of an on running joke in the stands.

But more than anything, we just seem to bottle it when we can take charge of a game and the league. :/

Absolutely fuming. A goal down to promo rivals. What a dreadful run we have been on :(. Having to field a newbie in midfield because we have no available deep lying midfielders tells me that the lord does not intend for Derby to gain promotion this year.

What hurts more is that its Bamford who got the goal. The guy is useless for 9/10ths of the game and then pops up with a goal. sigh

Absolutely fuming. A goal down to promo rivals. What a dreadful run we have been on :(. Having to field a newbie in midfield because we have no available deep lying midfielders tells me that the lord does not intend for Derby to gain promotion this year.

What hurts more is that its Bamford who got the goal. The guy is useless for 9/10ths of the game and then pops up with a goal. sigh

He might of been useles but he popped up when the time mattered the most

The most entertaining league in the world. Fact.

It goes without saying that the end of the season brings out many twists and turns each season. Very exciting (in League One too, although I hope there's no more twists and turns and Preston finish in a top two position :P).

I've noticed that Watford aren't getting as much recognition as the other sides in the hunt, which is strange considering they're top of the league! Slipping under the radar, as such, can sometimes play in your favour though.

Derby choking any bet against them at the moment is making money.

Bookies haven't realised yet had 20 quid on wolves tonight fill ya boots

Would have done the same if I wasnt a derby fan :P.

This international break come at the right time.

We can still get promotion if we get our players back, I don't know how our promotion rivals would have faired with the same amount of injury troubles. But theres no use worrying about that.

As well as the injuries, we are just getting some shocking decisions against us recently...the decision to not red card the lad last night for bringing down Bent was absolutely criminal. Game changing decisions every week going against us.

If theres a goal which sums up this year for us its that goal against Watford. Standard clearence which manages to bounce back off a player into the path of the opposition striker...

You couldn't make it up.

As it stands, im almost done with the whole sport. It makes me feel sick to my stomach to see the sides at the top who I see as Derby being better than and us having difficulties making the playoffs.

Not a great match, not a bad one either though so far.

Derby had more of the ball without really looking like creating much, Watford look a lot more threatening on the break.

That decision just before half time totally changes the game though, stone wall penalty but In no way do I think that was a Red card, there was a defender on the cover and the Derby players touch had got away from him, extremely harsh in my eyes.

Lifeline for the Rams couldn't see them getting back in the game but if they don't win now they should be dissapointed.

As am I, I really want Watford to go up a ground I can always get tickets to if they were to meet Liverpool in the PL next season :)

Ben Watson should be off :/

Also, that Watford goal has been coming since Derby went into the lead. Why do we think we can defend a 1 goal lead for 15 minutes when we can't defend a 2 goal lead for 5?