Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Pretty poor from Derby so far and Bent missing a penalty, Ince has looked lively but that's about it.

Love Bournemouth to finish as Champions but not sure Watford are going to let go of the lead now.

Pretty poor from Derby so far and Bent missing a penalty' date=' Ince has looked lively but that's about it.

Love Bournemouth to finish as Champions but not sure Watford are going to let go of the lead now.[/quote']

Derby doing there best to bottle it again, it keeps changing by the minute though so who knows!!

Don't think the fans are helping them although the anxiety is understandable.

Derby doing there best to bottle it again' date=' it keeps changing by the minute though so who knows!!

Don't think the fans are helping them although the anxiety is understandable.[/quote']

Even more so now! They have been very poor and I think the second seals it.

definitely over now, not sure on the penalty though. Looked like Karacan made the most of it!

Feel for you mousey if you're watching it.

Edit: Maybe I was wrong on Watford, Bournemouth a few minutes away from being crowned champions thanks to Wednesday!

So as the final whistle blows, it's time to reflect on this 3-0 loss.

Despite me being a Derby fan, I am honestly not surprised. The faults that caused us to lose this match have been here all along. Usually it's Lee Grant messing up today, but that wasn't the problem. He was doing well.

It's the team's discipline and lack of coordination/communication when the discipline goes away. Sure, in easy games where we aren't in pressure we can be awesome. But in these hard and/or stressful games, one little thing will hurl us to a downward trend in performance and the team goes to a very individualist mentality. And everyone knows that even if with a team that has lower quality players has good communication and coordination, they will win every time against a individualist team. But McClaren seems to be oblivious to this/can't stop it. Once a goal is scored on us, everything falls apart. We start doing long balls because we are panicking, hoping that anything works, and it isn't even the 2nd half yet. And when we do get into the attacking third, our team can't function that well because there isn't a plan in place for the attack. Sometimes it will be so bad that the guy just kicks it to miles away from the nearest player. And when the other team starts to counterattack, because of our individualist approach to attack, we aren't ready and we have few defenders on hand to help, and then the individualist mentality will take over and our defense won't be coordinated to stop the attack.

We have good quality players. We just need to learn to work as a team and not crap our pants every time we mess up/are under pressure. And until this flaw is taken care of, I feel we won't be able to challenge for promotion.

Some scenes at Blackpool.

Can't blame them personally' date=' Oyston has ripped that club apart and brought it to its knees.[/quote']

It's been the same for years. Even when they were in the PL, the £90M that they won all of a sudden disappeared. Funny that.

Good on the Blackpool fans. I'm honestly surprised it's taken this long to resort to one of the most extreme options.

You'd be spewing if you were a Wolves fan :(

Would you? They realistically knew so much would have to go their way in order for them to get in the play-offs' date=' and they wouldn't be expecting anything.

Derby on the other hand only needed a point at home to an average Reading side and would have been expecting to get in the play-offs easily.

Glad to see Brentford in the play-offs though, would like to see them promoted.

Some scenes at Blackpool.

Can't blame them personally, Oyston has ripped that club apart and brought it to its knees.

Can't blame them, Oysten's lack of respect for fans reached new lows this week with them removing the Stan Mortesen statue that Blackpool's supporters were planning to protest by.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-32509407

It's really about time the FA stepped in and kicked them out, they clearly aren't fit to run a football club.

Lovely ball in by Jerome and a nice tidy finish by Howson.

Game hasn't really lived up to the rivalry so far but hasn't been too bad, feel for Varney.

Edit: started to liven up now after the goal, shame it'll be half time soon.

Lovely ball in by Jerome and a nice tidy finish by Howson.

Game hasn't really lived up to the rivalry so far but hasn't been too bad' date=' feel for Varney.

Edit: started to liven up now after the goal, shame it'll be half time soon.[/quote']

1-1 I am hoping Ipswich go on to take this for my bet.

Pretty decent first half, surprised that Norwich have bossed it so much.

Would much prefer Middlesbrough to go up but not looking likely now.

Vossen and Johnson with incredible strikes one after each other, clattering the woodwork.

Mike Dean has done a stellar job of NOT refereeing the game!

Norwich promoted then, not sure how well I see then doing in the Prem.

Spent most of the second half defending and it paid off for them. Middlesbrough seemed to lack the final ball in the second half, some half chances for the likes of Bamford and Vossen.

Mike Dean kept up his incredible performance of imitating a ref in the second half.