Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

ALBION have turned down a written offer from West Ham for Graham Dorrans.

Chairman Jeremy Peace said: "As I have stressed several times since we achieved promotion over two weeks ago, our aim now is to retain our core players and try to strengthen our squad around them.

"I want to make it clear again that Graham Dorrans is not for sale."

Rejected, and for £4m, that made my morning waking up as that's just a joke of an offer imo.

Dorrans shall stay during the summer, his in the Premiership, and it's RDM's chance to build a team around the Dorrans next season.

Oh and RoKo, I heard that there were Fulham scouts last night at Selhurst watching Dorrans :o

As if the fact they've bid an absolutely pathetic amount wasn't funny enough' date=' I've got this quote from the Mirror's article on the bid to amuse myself with -

The glamour of West Ham indeed.

Incidentally Gold and Sullivan have got form for this, they made a derisory joing bid for Koumas and Kamara a few seasons ago, it's all a smokescreen to try and show ambition, they know full well they can't afford him. It would only take a phone call to our chairman.

Edit: And yes, Willie McKay is a prize pillock.[/quote']

I can't see why anyone would want to join West Ham. Its like Newcastle a few years ago. Gold and Sullivan do not get on with Zola and they are just making fools of themselves. Upton Park is like a circus at the moment and Dorrans would be mad to join them because they will be in a relegation battle with West Brom next season so there isn't much difference. I doubt West Ham will be paying out big wages because of the debt so he wouldn't join for the money. I see the bid has been rejected anyway. Would Peace sell this summer if the price is right or keep Dorrans at all costs?

Rejected' date=' and for £4m, that made my morning waking up as that's just a joke of an offer imo.

Dorrans shall stay during the summer, his in the Premiership, and it's RDM's chance to build a team around the Dorrans next season.

Oh and RoKo, I heard that there were Fulham scouts last night at Selhurst watching Dorrans :o[/quote']

They certainly had one pretty prominent scout there. Kit Symons works for Fulham and he was an analyst for Sky. ;) They can't afford him either, mind.

I can't see why anyone would want to join West Ham. Its like Newcastle a few years ago. Gold and Sullivan do not get on with Zola and they are just making fools of themselves. Upton Park is like a circus at the moment and Dorrans would be mad to join them because they will be in a relegation battle with West Brom next season so there isn't much difference. I doubt West Ham will be paying out big wages because of the debt so he wouldn't join for the money. I see the bid has been rejected anyway. Would Peace sell this summer if the price is right or keep Dorrans at all costs?

Aye agreed, it's a bit of a circus there at the moment. Anybody would have to be daft or desperate to go there right now because there's no guarantee as to who the manager will be next season.

Everybody has their price, but it would take a ridiculous offer. You'd be talking over £10m for a bloke who's played a handful of times in the Prem.

Wouldn't have made much of a difference even if Palace had lost due to their superior goal difference. Rooting for Palace...

It wouldn't have made any difference because Palace and Wednesday play each other in the last game of the season. So if Palace are one or two points ahead, it doesn't change anything - Wednesday have to win.

It wouldn't have made any difference because Palace and Wednesday play each other in the last game of the season. So if Palace are one or two points ahead' date=' it doesn't change anything - Wednesday have to win.[/quote']

yeah that's what I meant. Changes nothing for Wednesday as they still have to win

I'm a bit annoyed Cech cleared the ball off the line, but what can I say, we were lucky it ended 1-1. We were dominated for most of the match but we had two great chances in Injury time to win it.

Danns was stupid for getting him sent off right in front of the ref but he isn't a violent player and Dorrans shouldn't have been tugging at his hair. The foul should have been a yellow card, and then play off, but Danns had to do something stupid and now we miss probably our best player for probably the second biggest game in the club's history (Barring The FA Cup Final in 1990).

I'm confident about the Sheffield Wednesday match. We played them earlier on in the season and it finished 0-0 but we looked the more threatening side. Plus we don't deserve to be down here, we are down here because of our -10 points, Wednesday are down here because of their results (Sorry Andy).

I'm a bit annoyed Cech cleared the ball off the line' date=' but what can I say, we were lucky it ended 1-1. We were dominated for most of the match but we had two great chances in Injury time to win it.

Danns was stupid for getting him sent off right in front of the ref but he isn't a violent player and Dorrans shouldn't have been tugging at his hair. The foul should have been a yellow card, and then play off, but Danns had to do something stupid and now we miss probably our best player for probably the second biggest game in the club's history (Barring The FA Cup Final in 1990).

I'm confident about the Sheffield Wednesday match. We played them earlier on in the season and it finished 0-0 but we looked the more threatening side. Plus we don't deserve to be down here, we are down here because of our -10 points, Wednesday are down here because of their results (Sorry Andy).[/quote']

No need to apologise for simply stating the truth, however miserable it may be. :(

ps Willie McKay is his agent. He probably wants the move more than Dorrans.

surprised 'arry hasnt made a bid if mckay is involved...

I can't see why anyone would want to join West Ham. Its like Newcastle a few years ago. Gold and Sullivan do not get on with Zola and they are just making fools of themselves.

sullivan has form for making a fool of himself:

"just take away the rubber hose..."

really feel for west ham fans having that idiot as their owner

surprised 'arry hasnt made a bid if mckay is involved...

sullivan has form for making a fool of himself:

"just take away the rubber hose..."

really feel for west ham fans having that idiot as their owner

Potato Head is another who seems to like bidding for McKay's players.

Chris Morris. :D

Today's Outcome...

Blackpool - In The Playoff's

Swansea - Goal disallowed in the last minute to keep them out.

Palace - In the Championship next year.

Sheffield Wednesday - Relegated to League 1. :(

Absolutely gutted for Wednesday in the biggest way.

For sure - have to say well done Blackpool thou, who would of thought at the start of the season they would be in the play-offs, when teams like Boro, Preston and Reading arn't

For sure - have to say well done Blackpool thou' date=' who would of thought at the start of the season they would be in the play-offs, when teams like Boro, Preston and Reading arn't[/quote']

They have done very well this season. Leicester City have had a great season too, promoted last season and now in the play offs this season, should the win the play offs, League One > Premiership in 2 seasons.

Shame Wednesday couldn't find a winner, the Champ seems to be losing big clubs every season at the moment what with Leeds and Saints having fallen by the wayside in recent seasons as well. Gutted for their fans, it's bad enough going down at any time but to do so in those circumstances must be gut wrenching. Nice to see Blackpool squeeze into the top six though, Holloway's done a fantastic job there really, would have been easy to see them struggling this season after losing Grayson.

Our game was pants. Nice to see Darren Moore get a top reception as it's probably the last time he'll play at The Hawthorns. The pitch invasion at the end was a shambles though, it makes us look so small time. I've got no problem with them on days like the Great Escape against Pompey but they should be about the joy and adrenaline of a genuinely amazing moment. Not a last minute equaliser against Barnsley when we've been promoted for three weeks.

Today's Outcome...

Blackpool - In The Playoff's

Swansea - Goal disallowed in the last minute to keep them out.

Palace - In the Championship next year.

Sheffield Wednesday - Relegated to League 1. :(

Just got back from the game.

For 15 seconds, the City of Swansea was wild. Trundle had done it, Sousa was our hero & we've done what everyone wanted and reached the play-offs.

Then the ref turns around, says Trundle handeld it. Ran on the pitch at the end, spoke to Trundle, he didn't think it was handball. He thought it was in, i thought it was in.

Doncaster had absoloutly nothing to play for, that didn't matter to them, the ref gave absoloutly everything there way. We had a blatent penalty ruled out, when Beattie was rugby tackled to the floor, and they disallow the winner.

In the summer though, we need to get rid of every forward at the club. Start a fresh, bring in 3 quality strikers and rebuild a strike force. None of our strikers are good enough, not even Trunds.

"Grant Hegley" the latest referee in a long line of referees to have given late decisions against us. Whilst we've not had one key decision go our way, whether it's the penalty save of Dorus De Vries at Plymouth - the Darren Pratley blatent penalty at Forest - the three red cards we got against Shorpe - The Albert Serran sending off against Shorpe.

We need a huge improvement for next season, but for now we have just got hope Cardiff don't go up.