Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

Just got back from the game.

For 15 seconds' date=' the City of Swansea was wild. Trundle had done it, Sousa was our hero & we've done what everyone wanted and reached the play-offs.

Then the ref turns around, says Trundle handeld it. Ran on the pitch at the end, spoke to Trundle, he didn't think it was handball. He thought it was in, i thought it was in.

Doncaster had absoloutly nothing to play for, that didn't matter to them, the ref gave absoloutly everything there way. We had a blatent penalty ruled out, when Beattie was rugby tackled to the floor, and they disallow the winner.

In the summer though, we need to get rid of every forward at the club. Start a fresh, bring in 3 quality strikers and rebuild a strike force. None of our strikers are good enough, not even Trunds.

"Grant Hegley" the latest referee in a long line of referees to have given late decisions against us. Whilst we've not had one key decision go our way, whether it's the penalty save of Dorus De Vries at Plymouth - the Darren Pratley blatent penalty at Forest - the three red cards we got against Shorpe - The Albert Serran sending off against Shorpe.

We need a huge improvement for next season, but for now we have just got hope Cardiff don't go up.[/quote']

Stupid thing for Trundle to handle it anyway,it was so obvious as well and it's not like he didn't have any time to chest it down,if you can keep the rest of your side add an attacking midfeilder and get a new strikeforce you'll get the playoffs next year,can't see that happening though....

Just got back from the game.

For 15 seconds' date=' the City of Swansea was wild. Trundle had done it, Sousa was our hero & we've done what everyone wanted and reached the play-offs.

Then the ref turns around, says Trundle handeld it. Ran on the pitch at the end, spoke to Trundle, he didn't think it was handball. He thought it was in, i thought it was in.

Doncaster had absoloutly nothing to play for, that didn't matter to them, the ref gave absoloutly everything there way. We had a blatent penalty ruled out, when Beattie was rugby tackled to the floor, and they disallow the winner.

In the summer though, we need to get rid of every forward at the club. Start a fresh, bring in 3 quality strikers and rebuild a strike force. None of our strikers are good enough, not even Trunds.

"Grant Hegley" the latest referee in a long line of referees to have given late decisions against us. Whilst we've not had one key decision go our way, whether it's the penalty save of Dorus De Vries at Plymouth - the Darren Pratley blatent penalty at Forest - the three red cards we got against Shorpe - The Albert Serran sending off against Shorpe.

We need a huge improvement for next season, but for now we have just got hope Cardiff don't go up.[/quote']

You just got back from the game :eek: It ended about 6 hours ago :P Regarding some of your points, from my angle it also looked like we scored a legitimate goal and deserved a penalty. However, when I came back from the game I saw a replay of the "goal" and it looked like a hand ball :o:(

I think that we'll have a hard time in the summer trying to keep hold of our better players such as Pratley, Williams and Britton. As you said, we definitely need new strikers, but I can't see us splashing the cash considering our past dealings. :rolleyes:

Comiserations to Sheffield Wednesday, I was gutted when I saw the final score.

Just come back from an afternoon in the pub, drowning my sorrows over a pint or five...

One of the best second halves I have ever seen!

I'm glad you enjoyed it (!)' date=' although I appreciate this sentiment...

Absolutely gutted for Wednesday in the biggest way.

Obviously gutted, but the writing's been on the wall for a long time. We just haven't been good enough this season and today's game just summed up our problems. When we're on top, we don't take advantage of our chances and take the lead when we really need to (i.e. the first 15 minutes of the second-half when we spurned 3-4 very good opportunities). After we spurn good chances, we sloppily defend easy circumstances when the opposition aren't even in the game (i.e. Darren Ambrose's second-half goal). And when we're behind, we just don't have the skill, ability or creative flair to create clear-cut opportunities. Most of today's game was pure heading practice for the Palace defence because we just can't pass the ball effectively enough.

Overall, it's disappointing because we had the better of the opportunities, but, to be honest, we should be down already if it wasn't for Palace's points deduction. We have too many players who, despite trying hard today, haven't put the work in over the course of the season, and they need to go. With that in mind, we really need a squad overhaul in the summer, particularly in midfield - Potter and O'Connor just aren't good enough, maybe not even for League One.

Also, on a sidenote, although I don't want to blame Mike Dean's poor performance (in my opinion - don't think he was overly consistent), but what was the general consensus of Leon Clarke being hauled down in the 2nd minute (-ish) when through on goal? Looked like a blatant foul and a possible red card for the Palace defender.

Just come back from an afternoon in the pub' date=' drowning my sorrows over a pint or five...

I'm glad you enjoyed it (!), although I appreciate this sentiment...

Obviously gutted, but the writing's been on the wall for a long time. We just haven't been good enough this season and today's game just summed up our problems. When we're on top, we don't take advantage of our chances and take the lead when we really need to (i.e. the first 15 minutes of the second-half when we spurned 3-4 very good opportunities). After we spurn good chances, we sloppily defend easy circumstances when the opposition aren't even in the game (i.e. Darren Ambrose's second-half goal). And when we're behind, we just don't have the skill, ability or creative flair to create clear-cut opportunities. Most of today's game was pure heading practice for the Palace defence because we just can't pass the ball effectively enough.

Overall, it's disappointing because we had the better of the opportunities, but, to be honest, we should be down already if it wasn't for Palace's points deduction. We have too many players who, despite trying hard today, haven't put the work in over the course of the season, and they need to go. With that in mind, we really need a squad overhaul in the summer, particularly in midfield - Potter and O'Connor just aren't good enough, maybe not even for League One.

Also, on a sidenote, although I don't want to blame Mike Dean's poor performance (in my opinion - don't think he was overly consistent), but what was the general consensus of Leon Clarke being hauled down in the 2nd minute (-ish) when through on goal? Looked like a blatant foul and a possible red card for the Palace defender.[/quote']

Commiserations on relegation Andy,however with a good manager like Alan Irvine in charge im sure you will mount at least a promotion challenge next season,too me you could see why Wednesday were down there this season just from today's performance,despite all the endeavour and hard work you put in Palace always looked the more composed,and they were also much more technically gifted when they were on the ball.

I must admit I have always had a soft spot for Wednesday and want to see them come back up,for some reason though I think relegation will be good and hopefully Irvine can mould a younger side and you can build from the future from there,League One is no push over but Wednesday have needed a rebuild for a long long time,and maybe this is what was needed for that to happen.

And the foul you mention was definitely a foul however I think a defender would have got to him in time if I remember the incident correctly,at best iet was a free kick and a booking though and couldn't believe you got neither.

You just got back from the game :eek: It ended about 6 hours ago :P Regarding some of your points' date=' from my angle it also looked like we scored a legitimate goal and deserved a penalty. However, when I came back from the game I saw a replay of the "goal" and it looked like a hand ball :o:(

I think that we'll have a hard time in the summer trying to keep hold of our better players such as Pratley, Williams and Britton. As you said, we definitely need new strikers, but I can't see us splashing the cash considering our past dealings. :rolleyes:

Comiserations to Sheffield Wednesday, I was gutted when I saw the final score.[/quote']

I know. Stayed outside the bar by the stadium for an hour or so, then went to Rossi's and went to some pub in hafod for a fair few hours with some band on, ordered a chinise and got a taxi back. Typical for a last game of the season really.

The penalty was blatent don't know how he didn't give it.

But for the goal, the rest of the world don't have the knowledge that with 10 minutes played Cotterill's cross was deflected by two Doncaster defenders. Both with their arms stretched and made clear contact with the ball and the penalty/free-kick was not given.

Then Trundle's wasn't that blatent, i'd have given him the benefit of the doubt.

We need to do whatever we can to keep onto Pratley & Williams. Britton can go, if he doesn't want to play for us then he might aswell go. He wont be missed though if Bodde can recover from injury, and Allen can have a good season.

I hope he gets rid of Kuqi, Trundle, Pintado, Bouza, Beattie, Dobbie, Idrizaj & Bond. There all useless. I'd like to see Huw sign Billy Sharp, Rob Hulse & Andrew Keogh next season. That's a good strike force, not a strike force made up of 7 average players.

Stupid thing for Trundle to handle it anyway' date='it was so obvious as well and it's not like he didn't have any time to chest it down,if you can keep the rest of your side add an attacking midfeilder and get a new strikeforce you'll get the playoffs next year,can't see that happening though.... [/quote']

Why exactly would we need an attacking midfielder :confused: if anything that's the only possition where we don't need new recruits as Pratley is our best player.

We might need a creative midfielder, possibly, but it's not a nescessary buy. I can see a few forwards leaving, we've got some cash to spend with Wigan staying up so hopefully we can bring in two or three quality players, rather than 7 or 8 players who are no better than we have already got.

And Andy, i hate Mike Dean. He's know to cave under pressure, gave Cardiff a penalty against us for a clear Ashley Williams header in the last kick off the game for them to equalise. Another example of bad referring decisons not going our way over the last two seasons.

Just come back from an afternoon in the pub' date=' drowning my sorrows over a pint or five...

I'm glad you enjoyed it (!), although I appreciate this sentiment...

Also, on a sidenote, although I don't want to blame Mike Dean's poor performance (in my opinion - don't think he was overly consistent), but what was the general consensus of Leon Clarke being hauled down in the 2nd minute (-ish) when through on goal? Looked like a blatant foul and a possible red card for the Palace defender.[/quote']

Not posted on here for a while, but I'm absolutely gutted for the Wendies. Football in this country needs clubs like Sheffield Wednesday and there fans aswell, who are by far the most friendliest and modest group of fans I've ever come across (Ignore Yesterday, it was in the heat of the moment).

I never got to watch the game yesteday for obvious reasons with Derby playing, but by the comments above it sounded like a close game which both teams prepared to throw bodies in front of the ball.

Now then Andy, the situation is, what happening with Mr. Varney? I know you guys like him and I know you don't currently have the funds but you have these new owners coming in, but do you think you'll be able to attract him in League 1? I would like to think we could do some sort of swap deal for him. If we did have a swap deal, which is rumoured, I wouldn't mind to snap Tommy Spurr off you. Solid left back with a good career ahead of him.

I hope you bounce back straight away, I know that relegation has been coming, but I think you have the fanbase and a very good manager who will be able to get you straight back up on the first time of asking.

As for Derby, good end to the season with a 2-0 win against Cardiff. Nice to see Ben Pringle get a start and doing well. Tomasz Cywka needs to sign, which he is going to in a couple of days time, and hopefully we can get a couple of good players in in the summer (Hooper, Tonge, Buijis, Brayford).

Finished 14th overall, which isn't too abd considering the injuries that we've had this season, and 14th looks like mid table more than a relegation scrap which is positive. It's also our best finish in 10 years!!

Anyway, bring on next season and UTR!!

UTR

im very happy cywka is signing for us as ive heard its pretty certain. If we manage to snap up hooper which would be a huge transfer for us (i called it!) we'd have hulse,porter, hooper,cywka and commons up front.

if we cant score with those guys in our team then we can give up now.

In midfield i hear tongue wants to return to pride park which im happy with and buijs has agreed to sign. Ive never seen him play but ive heard he can play right mid and right back.

With any luck we'll actually bring brayford to the club in the coming weeks which would be a decent signing.

all in all, im very much looking forward to next season and with the addition of some quality players we should be able to make the top half.

We need a huge improvement for next season' date=' but for now we have just got hope Cardiff don't go up.[/quote']

And that shows the truth that you have 2nd city syndrome

Your only pride is your hatred of us

I have seen the disallowed 'goal' and it was handball, no doubt

You failed to make the playoffs because over the season you could not score

As that one eyed bigot* admitted...Your defence saved you from relegation

And still you bleat about ref's decisions, you poor sad boy

*Leighton James the drunk driver

Before I start I would like to say you probably know me by now and if you want to talk about other matters then please PM me. At least give me a chance to reply.

First of all, well done to the players, you didn't crumble under pressure and got the job done. Also a big thanks to Matty Lawrence who has been our worst player for most of the season but played immense yesterday. Nothing else to mention really, I hope the Consortium buys us and Paul Ince was rumoured to be talking to them at Hillsborough. Wouldn't mind him as he done a great job at MK Dons and Macclesfield but I would prefer to keep Hart but he seems like he is going to Spurs.

Disgusting scenes by the Wednesday fans, our fans run on and start celebrating yet we do nothing to provoke the Wednesday fans yet you run on and start hitting our players and fans, sort it out.

Anyway, to finish this post on a high, there was a rumour that Championship games wouldn't have mid-week games in them anymore. The FA have released a statement saying "No teams will be playing Wednesday". :D

PS: Chris Coleman has been Sacked.

Disgusting scenes by the Wednesday fans' date=' our fans run on and start celebrating yet we do nothing to provoke the Wednesday fans yet you run on and start hitting our players and fans, sort it out.[/quote']

I was just as disgusted mate, don't you worry. I didn't bother stopping after the game because I didn't want to watch it all unfold (plus, the players didn't deserve a round of applause for their season's efforts, even if they did try hard on Sunday). Hopefully the FA will throw the book at the club and then the club will hand out lifetime bans to those at fault.

However, I would say that it was rather foolish of the Palace fans to storm on to the pitch after such a tense game that had such huge implications. Emotions were bound to be high and you lot running on to the pitch was always going to prevoke a reaction, regardless of the fact that you were sat right next to the Wednesday hooligans. I don't condone their actions whatsoever, but the Palace fans really should have kept their celebrations to the stands, particularly since that stand has a fateful history.

That said, I thought the line of riot police did a pathetic job of containing matters.

Anyway' date=' to finish this post on a high, there was a rumour that Championship games wouldn't have mid-week games in them anymore. The FA have released a statement saying "No teams will be playing Wednesday". :D[/quote']

Heard that from a Blade yesterday. It was too depressing to laugh at.

PS: Chris Coleman has been Sacked.

Not sure I understand this sacking, although I haven't read into the situation. I would have thought that the Coventry job would be a long-term one and one that would be ideal to someone like Coleman. I know they haven't had a brilliant season, but it was one I thought they could build upon. Perhaps things went on behind the scenes that I'm not aware of.

Not sure I understand this sacking' date=' although I haven't read into the situation. I would have thought that the Coventry job would be a long-term one and one that would be ideal to someone like Coleman. I know they haven't had a brilliant season, but it was one I thought they could build upon. Perhaps things went on behind the scenes that I'm not aware of.[/quote']

He signed Leon Barnett, nobody should be allowed to get away with that.

In all seriousness you wonder if these clubs think things through to their inevitable conclusion when they make these decisions. Unless I'm forgetting somebody I can't for the life of me see anybody out there and available who's going to improve on Coleman's job.

He signed Leon Barnett' date=' nobody should be allowed to get away with that.

In all seriousness you wonder if these clubs think things through to their inevitable conclusion when they make these decisions. Unless I'm forgetting somebody I can't for the life of me see anybody out there and available who's going to improve on Coleman's job.[/quote']

I'm not quiet sure what they expected from Coleman at the start of the season, as although it's not the greatest of seasons it's a solid season and not one to be looked down on.

He had a good start to the season, but there was no way that could be improved on. He's got very limited quality in his squad, Westwood's an amazing keeper but after Coventry sold Danns & Fox in the summer it was obvious that the defence wouldn't be as strong as the previous season.

The only person i can think off as an immeadiate replacement would be Gary Johnson. But would he be an improvement on Coleman? It'll be interesting to find out.

I like Coleman. Done a decent job at Fulham, although a bad stint in Spain but he's picked Coventry up for what was a team that's not used to winning a lot of games. Hopefully it wont be long before he gets some more work.

I'm not quiet sure what they expected from Coleman at the start of the season' date=' as although it's not the greatest of seasons it's a solid season and not one to be looked down on.

He had a good start to the season, but there was no way that could be improved on. He's got very limited quality in his squad, Westwood's an amazing keeper but after Coventry sold Danns & Fox in the summer it was obvious that the defence wouldn't be as strong as the previous season.

The only person i can think off as an immeadiate replacement would be Gary Johnson. But would he be an improvement on Coleman? It'll be interesting to find out.

I like Coleman. Done a decent job at Fulham, although a bad stint in Spain but he's picked Coventry up for what was a team that's not used to winning a lot of games. Hopefully it wont be long before he gets some more work.[/quote']

Johnson's at Peterbrough :P

I'm not quiet sure what they expected from Coleman at the start of the season' date=' as although it's not the greatest of seasons it's a solid season and not one to be looked down on.

He had a good start to the season, but there was no way that could be improved on. He's got very limited quality in his squad, Westwood's an amazing keeper but after [b']Coventry sold Danns & Fox in the summer it was obvious that the defence wouldn't be as strong as the previous season.[/b]

I like Coleman. Done a decent job at Fulham, although a bad stint in Spain but he's picked Coventry up for what was a team that's not used to winning a lot of games. Hopefully it wont be long before he gets some more work.

Aye, that's a good point. I'd forgotten those two had left so recently, selling your best two players is hardly the ideal start to a season. It's not as if he had much of that money back to invest in the squad either. If they lose the likes of Westwood and Gunnarsson this summer I'd fear for them next season.

Aye' date=' that's a good point. I'd forgotten those two had left so recently, selling your best two players is hardly the ideal start to a season. It's not as if he had much of that money back to invest in the squad either. If they lose the likes of Westwood and Gunnarsson this summer I'd fear for them next season.[/quote']

Coventry are a selling club though,if someone can go there and do well on a budget then all the resources are in the place for a Premier League club.

To help clear up the Coleman situation, it's sad to say but he simply had to go. Football at the Ricoh had become boring and tedious, the players simply looked like they wern't trying and Coleman offered little on the sidelines in terms of motivation. He just seemed to be going through the motions game after game after game.

After the final game vs Watford, many fans made it clear that as the football was poor, as the tactical decisions were simply atrocious and as Coleman had used every single excuse in the book, they decided they would not renew season tickets to watch a team managed by Chris Coleman. This simply signalled the end. It made sence for him to go for reasons both on and off the pitch now.

Some little points i must mention:

1)The Marcus Hall situation!

point a) Coleman decided he would not offer Sky Blues legend Marcus Hall a new contract, so the game vs Watford on Sunday was to be his last.

point b)The week before this game, Marcus said to the Coventry Evening Telegraph that it would be an honour to take part in this final game. Coleman agreed and said he would feature.

point c)Marcus Hall did not start the game vs Watford....fans assumed he would come on in the 2nd half. Baker replaced Clingan(?) at half time, then with 20minutes to go, Wright and Morrison come off, the chants of Marcus Hall begin, we wait for him to appear, but no.....Clarke and Jeffers come on.

point d)Coleman after the game used the outrageous excuse that he didn't want Hall to take part in such a bad game. It was Hall's last ever game at the club for goodness sake! Show him and the fans some respect!

The youngsters playing policy:

This is what annoyed fans about the Hall situation even more. Coleman had virtually refused to use the academy kids all season, even though the fans wanted to see them, then suddenly in the one game when we want Marcus, he totally underminds the fans once again and uses the kids, for the first time ever. It was not in the young lads best interests to be entered into a game the team were losing as badly as they were.

The formations.....:

Coventry are a 4-4-2 team. Always have been, the players we have are suited to that formation. Suddenly we see the 4-5-1, which goes belly up, and was a part of our first bad run. Back to 4-4-2, we get close to the play-offs.....4-5-1 again and we plummet. Then vs Watford final game of the season.....3-5-2, which again did not work. A good manager would of realised the formation issues quicker than he did.

The bad runs:

2 seasons running now we end with terrible runs. Last year 1 win in the final 10, this year no wins in the final 11. We also held the record this season for most points dropped from a winning position. These are managerial issues. The players were not motivated enough to perform, and they went from confident players to guys that were too shy to get stuck in. The manager could not get the players into the right frame of mind to perform.

As a result of all of this, the fans had simply had enough. Coleman was not the right man for Coventry City, and Ranson made the tough but right decision to fire him. Since he was sacked, i know at least 10 people that have now already renewed season tickets, and the light hearted banter and good fun on the Coventry forum has been restored.

I truly do wish Coleman the best of luck, but CCFC needed a change. Apologies for such a long post, but i just wanted to fully clear up the situation at Coventry City. Managers being linked so far include Mowbray (not keen on him), McAllister (a Coventry legend!), Eric Black, Steve Cotterill, Dion Dublin and at 500/1, which i think is more than possible, we have mister jose Mourinho! :)

Optimism is slowly slowly returning to the Ricoh, we just need a more attack minded manager that can spur on the players more. The squad we have is more than good enough for the Championship, they just totally under-performed under Coleman.

End of rant :) lol.

To help clear up the Coleman situation' date=' it's sad to say but he simply had to go. Football at the Ricoh had become boring and tedious, the players simply looked like they wern't trying and Coleman offered little on the sidelines in terms of motivation[/b']. He just seemed to be going through the motions game after game after game.

After the final game vs Watford, many fans made it clear that as the football was poor, as the tactical decisions were simply atrocious and as Coleman had used every single excuse in the book, they decided they would not renew season tickets to watch a team managed by Chris Coleman. This simply signalled the end. It made sence for him to go for reasons both on and off the pitch now.

Some little points i must mention:

1)The Marcus Hall situation!

point a) Coleman decided he would not offer Sky Blues legend Marcus Hall a new contract, so the game vs Watford on Sunday was to be his last.

point b)The week before this game, Marcus said to the Coventry Evening Telegraph that it would be an honour to take part in this final game. Coleman agreed and said he would feature.

point c)Marcus Hall did not start the game vs Watford....fans assumed he would come on in the 2nd half. Baker replaced Clingan(?) at half time, then with 20minutes to go, Wright and Morrison come off, the chants of Marcus Hall begin, we wait for him to appear, but no.....Clarke and Jeffers come on.

point d)Coleman after the game used the outrageous excuse that he didn't want Hall to take part in such a bad game. It was Hall's last ever game at the club for goodness sake! Show him and the fans some respect!

The youngsters playing policy:

This is what annoyed fans about the Hall situation even more. Coleman had virtually refused to use the academy kids all season, even though the fans wanted to see them, then suddenly in the one game when we want Marcus, he totally underminds the fans once again and uses the kids, for the first time ever. It was not in the young lads best interests to be entered into a game the team were losing as badly as they were.

The formations.....:

Coventry are a 4-4-2 team. Always have been, the players we have are suited to that formation. Suddenly we see the 4-5-1, which goes belly up, and was a part of our first bad run. Back to 4-4-2, we get close to the play-offs.....4-5-1 again and we plummet. Then vs Watford final game of the season.....3-5-2, which again did not work. A good manager would of realised the formation issues quicker than he did.

The bad runs:

2 seasons running now we end with terrible runs. Last year 1 win in the final 10, this year no wins in the final 11. We also held the record this season for most points dropped from a winning position. These are managerial issues. The players were not motivated enough to perform, and they went from confident players to guys that were too shy to get stuck in. The manager could not get the players into the right frame of mind to perform.

As a result of all of this, the fans had simply had enough. Coleman was not the right man for Coventry City, and Ranson made the tough but right decision to fire him. Since he was sacked, i know at least 10 people that have now already renewed season tickets, and the light hearted banter and good fun on the Coventry forum has been restored.

I truly do wish Coleman the best of luck, but CCFC needed a change. Apologies for such a long post, but i just wanted to fully clear up the situation at Coventry City. Managers being linked so far include Mowbray (not keen on him), McAllister (a Coventry legend!), Eric Black, Steve Cotterill, Dion Dublin and at 500/1, which i think is more than possible, we have mister jose Mourinho! :)

Optimism is slowly slowly returning to the Ricoh, we just need a more attack minded manager that can spur on the players more. The squad we have is more than good enough for the Championship, they just totally under-performed under Coleman.

End of rant :) lol.

Can vouch for that when I went to the Ricoh earlier in the season,a manager on a budget who can play good attractive football as that's the way forward,one manager who can do all of that and would want to come to Coventry for me is Sean O'Driscoll at Doncaster,his had no money to spend at Doncaster yet is experinced knows this level inside out and are widely regarded as the best or one of the best managers in the division.

At Doncaster he will never ever have the fanbase or resources that he will have at Coventry and at 52 his hardly young and inexperienced,I doubt you will go for him but for me his the perfect appointment for Coventry.

I would agree that sacking Coleman is a good thing because despite looking good for periods they have dropped like a stone since being in contention for the play offs. Hopefully Coventry make the right appointment because it can be a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire. What I can say is Coleman kept you up comfortably and when a new manager comes in it does not always work. Examples like Brendan Rodgers at Reading and Roy Keane wasn't doing very well at the start of this season when they were tipped to challenge for promotion.

I'm not suggesting it was a disastrous decision to sack him, what I am saying is that if they now get the appointment wrong, which looking at the list of people out of work is very possible, they could be in serious trouble next season. It's all well and good saying go and get Sean O Driscoll, but you need to sound these sort of targets out before you make the decision to part ways with Coleman. If SoD turns round and says he doesn't fancy the project at Coventry (they're a club who finished well below his current outfit and despite the potential there aren't flush with cash and have had to sell their best players recently, it's a sideways move right now, he could do better), or they won't match Donny's compensation demands then there's a whole load of toss on the managerial scrapheap ready to be picked up.

Mowbray for example could be an absolute disaster at Coventry without money to revamp that squad.

However' date=' I would say that it was rather foolish of the Palace fans to storm on to the pitch after such a tense game that had such huge implications. Emotions were bound to be high and you lot running on to the pitch was always going to prevoke a reaction, regardless of the fact that you were sat right next to the Wednesday hooligans. I don't condone their actions whatsoever, but the Palace fans really should have kept their celebrations to the stands, particularly since that stand has a fateful history.[/quote']

Yeah but to be honest I doubt our fans would have ran on the pitch and retaliated if you had scored a last minute winner, to be fair it is your stadium so you should be able to do whatever you want (Running on the pitch after a crucial game I mean, not punching fans e.t.c.) but the emotions of our fans after this traumatic season would have been sky high and I know it was likely to probe a reaction but we had the riot police to save us.............................NOT

Its promising signs at Derby for next season, I'm liking what I'm hearing.

The possible additions are as follows:

Tomasz Cwyka (Wigan Athletic): Been on loan to us for the last couple of games, the guy has been quality up top - MUST SIGN - supposedly we're 95% through agreeing a deal with Wigan so that he arrives to us on a free transfer - which isn't bad for a promising 21 year old!!

David Martin (Millwall): Again been on loan since January, a fee was agreed in January I think. Looks like a promising left winger who could offer something down that side of the field. Another promising young player. should sign for around 600k.

Danny Buijis (ADO Den Haag): Pretty much a done deal - a holding central midfielder who isn't scared to get stuck in, get his foot on the ball and spread it - a player which we desperately need!! Especially when Sav isn't going to be able to last a full season this time round. Should sign for around 750k.

Gareth Roberts (Doncaster Rovers): A left back with plenty of experience - we need a player in that position who is going to be consistant and he could be an answer. My source at Derby tells me this is pretty much a done deal and should be announced on Monday if not earlier on a free transfer.

John Brayford (Crewe Alexandra): A Right back which is desperately needed, was in League 2's team of the year, and Crewe's captain at only 22 shows promising signs. Strongly linked with him as Clough was manager while he was at Burton, should sign in the next couple of days for 400k.

Gary Hooper (Shorper United): This one could go either way. I would absolutely love to see him in a Derby shirt. However alot of teams are interested in him. Rumours have been going round that he has been seen at Derby's training ground, and Clough has gone to watch him play many times. Hes the type of player that the team desperately needs. He'll be the big summer signing. £1m+.

Michael Tonge (Stoke City): All but coming back next season on loan for the duration of the season. He'll be too much to sign as his wages are through the roof and we're trying to cut the wage bill. He is a top class player who will add solidity to our midfield.

John Rooney (Maccasfield Town): Brother of Wayne, John came on trial to us earlier in the year and impressed Clough. He could be an addition the development squad with a view of pushing into the first team. Would join on a tribunal.

Other "Rumoured" Players:

Nicky Maynard (Bristol City): Well out of our radar in my opinion - will need alot of money to bring him to PP and we don't have that money. But I wouldn't say no!!

Lee Johnson (Bristol City): Rumoured that we are doing a swap of Luke Varney for the midfielder. I'd snap their hands off!! Lee Johnson in my eyes is probably known as "the ex managers son" so he'll be looking for a new start, and we've seen him at Derby before, and I wouldn't mind him back.

Lee Carsley (Birmingham City): Played at Derby years ago, could a return be on the cards? I would like to think so. Can spread the ball and a strong tackler with a good footballing brain, however very unlikely due to his wages.

Chris Riggott (Middlesborough): I would welcome him back anyday, however hes extremely injury prone and we already have enough crocks!! However, him and Barker as a center half pairing? Thats very good!!

If these rumours did come true though, I believe this will be the side to start next season:

Bywater

Brayford

Barker

Anderson

Roberts

Tonge

Buijis

Green

Commons

Hulse

Hooper

Subs:

Deeney

Leacock

Moxey

Pringle

Pearson

Porter

Cwyka

UTR!!

it's looking really positive i agree. We need to start turning these almost done deals into signings as im always a little nervous until they sign.

Ive not seen roberts before and he's got a lot to live up too coming in jay macs place (gutted he got released).

Im excited to see danny buijs as im hoping he can suceed robbie in that position permanently.

I wouldnt be happy to see lee johnson back. I wasnt very impressed at all with him tbh.

How good is your source that hooper was at our training ground? id love that to be the case.

if we get in the players you have suggested (not counting the rumoured ones) id like the side to look like this.

Bywater

Brayford

Barker ©

Leacock

Moxey (dont know anything about roberts)

Tonge

Buijs

Green

Martin (pearo is having surgery and commons will be injured)

Hooper

Hulse/porter (cannot decide)

Glad that we got the advantage at the Walkers today but we're so unreliable and Leicester still have a chance of getting to Wembley if they get a goal, so the pressure is on.

Mark Hudson and Michael Chopra showed great composure on the pitch, Kelvin Etuhu troubled the Leicester City defence too. We came close a few times and the we deserved the win.

Looking forward to the second leg, however, Jay Bothroyd and David Marshall got yellow cards today, we really can't afford to lose either of them.

Technically I didn't cheat. Me cheating would have seen me post several other votes to bump my score up. No' date=' what I was doing was just placing a tongue-in-cheek vote every month as a joke at the fact I never win these sorts of things. But I'll go down just like everyone wants and we can all carry on regardless. :rolleyes:[/quote']

:confused: