Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

I think Jamie Ward might have a 'busy' agent. The Albion were linked with him earlier in the season, to the point where Sheff Utd actually went public on a phone call RDM made to Blackwell telling him there was no interest from our end at all. I'd take stories with him involved with a pinch of salt.

Rumours.. rumours...

Found a few interesting ones though. First off:

http://uk.tilllate.com/en/photoalbum/overview/9928383#169878638

For those who aren't sure what that picture is, it's Billy Sharp and Gary McSheffery at the Leeds promotion party. Obviously just friends, but it's still a bit strange for a Sheff United player to be at a rivals promotion party. Apparently (and take big note of that word), Sharp was in talks a few weeks ago with the club and now is just waiting for the clubs to agree a fee. Probably just bs, but who knows.

Nick Montgomery seems a very likely deal. We've been chasing him for a while, his contract is now expiring and a lot of people and papers alike are touting us to sign him. Some are saying a deal has already been agreed.

On the subject of Ward, some people are claiming they heard he had a fallout with Blackwell not long ago, leading to him missing the last few games of the season. Now I've not checked any stats at all so I've no idea if this is made up or what.

And Derek Geary seems to be a pretty strong link. I really do fancy us to sign at least one or two of that Sheff Utd quadruplet, most likely Montgomery and Geary. It seems quite likely. It'd be interesting if they did - along with Bromby we'd have a quarter of the Sheff Utd side that got promoted to the Prem a few years back. :P

Montgomery's a useful player at this level, a real snotter of a midfielder. A decent age as well. On paper if you pair him with someone as technically sound as Kilkenny then that's a pretty solid core to build around.

Montgomery's a useful player at this level' date=' a real snotter of a midfielder. A decent age as well. On paper if you pair him with someone as technically sound as Kilkenny then that's a pretty solid core to build around.[/quote']

Haha, you amaze me with your knowledge Roko. :D Do you know every player in the division? :P

Ye I've not seen much of him before but from what I've heard he sounds like he'd be a very good signing, especially on a free. Going to be an interesting summer for us, with the papers no doubt linking us with anyone from me to bloody Messi. Can't wait.

Haha' date=' you amaze me with your knowledge Roko. :D Do you know every player in the division? :P

Ye I've not seen much of him before but from what I've heard he sounds like he'd be a very good signing, especially on a free. Going to be an interesting summer for us, with the papers no doubt linking us with anyone from me to bloody Messi. Can't wait.[/quote']

I blame the Albion for managing to find their way back here every other season. I know more about Dele Adebola than Didier Drogba.

Unfortunately I think Messi's off to the Toon as part of the reported Steven Taylor/Puyol swap deal. ;)

Barcelona thought that was a rip off and asked for Ameobi instead. Messi will be ours. ;)

I don't know about that' date=' Ameobi's the next played to be linked to Leeds. :P

[url']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1276781/Outspoken-Ken-Bates-brands-Everton-bob-club-ahead-Leeds-striker-Jermaine-Beckfords-switch-Goodison.html?ito=feeds-newsxml[/url]

It's alright, we'll settle for Iniesta. He could do a job at this level.

I don't know about that' date=' Ameobi's the next played to be linked to Leeds. :P

[url']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1276781/Outspoken-Ken-Bates-brands-Everton-bob-club-ahead-Leeds-striker-Jermaine-Beckfords-switch-Goodison.html?ito=feeds-newsxml[/url]

It's alright, we'll settle for Iniesta. He could do a job at this level.

Messi would struggle to get on the bench for us. Since Ameobi is moving the Nou Camp I am sure we would let you have Leon best instead.

if hooper signs for leeds instead of derby i'll jump off the nearest bridge. Its that important!

im checking the websites every other minute and all i keep hearing is deals almost done. very frustrating for a fan.

Leeds will add excitement to the league next year as they are a team i genuinely dislike.

Come on you TANGERINES!!!!!

I can't see us winning tomorrow night, nerves will probably get the better of us... :o

Just something to add, the home stands are sold out for tomorrow night. Including the hospitality boxes which are £90 each!

I hope Leicester fill their allocation.

I can't see us winning tomorrow night' date=' nerves will probably get the better of us... :o

Just something to add, the home stands are sold out for tomorrow night. Including the hospitality boxes which are £90 each!

I hope Leicester fill their allocation.[/quote']

We have, just about. Got roughly 100 tickets left i think.

See you there tomorrow :D

Will feel sorry for DJ Campbell (well I wont because I'm a Leicester fan) if Leicester get to the final. Quite a good (ex-Leicester) combination in Campbell and Holloway though.

How Holloway has got Leicester relegated one year and got Blackpool into the play-offs is quite unbelievable.

Will feel sorry for DJ Campbell (well I wont because I'm a Leicester fan) if Leicester get to the final. Quite a good (ex-Leicester) combination in Campbell and Holloway though.

How Holloway has got Leicester relegated one year and got Blackpool into the play-offs is quite unbelievable.

Saw someone with the exact same username as you saying he was a Leicester fan on justin tv:p.

Blackpool in the Final !!

Thoroughly deserved. Just watching Dobbie grab a goal, and play out of his skin just adds to the frustration of us loaning him out to Blackpool.

Had we not of loaned him out to Blackpool, then i'm sure we'd off been in the play-offs in Blackpool's place.

But C'mon Blackpool :D

Ideal scenario - Blackpool - Cardiff, 120 minutes played, scores level, ball in the box, Dobbie puts it in, oh and Chopra breaks his leg :P

if hooper signs for leeds instead of derby i'll jump off the nearest bridge. Its that important!

im checking the websites every other minute and all i keep hearing is deals almost done. very frustrating for a fan.

Leeds will add excitement to the league next year as they are a team i genuinely dislike.

Come on you TANGERINES!!!!!

Ye, who doesn't? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a cracking tie. Been watching the the EL final and playing MW2 so not really watched it, but having the Score Centre on. 3-2 Leicester in ET after going 3-1 up from 1-0 down. Whittingham equalised on aggregate and now 5 minutes from penalties.