Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

well i wanted cardiff to get out of our league but i was wanting them to jump over to the welsh league not the premier league.

England vs Wales basically

COME ON 'POOL.

SEA SEA SEASIDERS!

The only reason you want them in the Premier is so they can get an even more pathetic points total than you :D

well i wanted cardiff to get out of our league but i was wanting them to jump over to the welsh league not the premier league.

England vs Wales basically

COME ON 'POOL.

SEA SEA SEASIDERS!

We've been in the British league for 90 or so years. There was no problem when either side got into Divison 1 years ago, but now the money has gone up we don't have the right to earn the big money?

Welsh football in general is a joke, including the national team. And there's no chance we'll be moved to the Welsh league, with investors at Cardiff City, there's no chance anyone would invest big at a Welsh Premier League club unless your mental (Like the bangor investor)

Of course i'm looking for Blackpool to win, but hopefully both Swansea & Cardiff can get into the Premier League in my life time.

Stephen Dobbie can finally contribute towards the Swansea cause, whilst at Blackpool. :P

When your smiling,

When your smiling the whole world smiles with you.

When your laughing,

when your laughing the sun comes shining through.

When your sighing,

Down comes the rain so stop sighing,

Be happy again,

When your smiling,

When your smiling,

The whole world smiles with you,

THE WHOLE WORLD SMILES WITH YOU!!!

We'll be back next season, just wasn't our year this year :)

General opinion was this season was the toughest in the championship for years.

No matter who wins the play off final, I reckon next year will be just as hard, but with a twist...I don't think any of the three teams relegated from the premier league will get back up at the first attempt.

Why in a playoff Semi Final penalty shoot out would you take a weak chip down the middle? If you haven't seen it' date=' skip to 34 seconds...

[center']

q92iBBceMDk

[/center]

More frustrating then this (from a Swansea's point of view)

ig0bYK6KAIw

What was he thinking. I thought he was going to score the winner in extra time aswell, but he was brought down with a horrible tackle. Marshall dives the wrong way, but has the time to get back up again and palm it away with minimal power. :mad:

I dont care that they would not get investment, and i know it is not going to happen but imo cardiff and swansea should not be in the english league. Same thing applies to rangers and celtics proposal to come to the league.

Nah, thats not why i want 'pool to win. Nobody will ever beat our points low thanks to mr davies.

I dread to think what state the wembley toilets will be in after cardiff have been there. I heard the recked them last time. Typical.

To all Cardiff fans,

What does a winding up order mean? As I remember Cardiff facing a winding up order umerous times this past season and now Preston are facing one after loaning £500k to pay the players wages this last month, of which eight of them, including one of Preston's highest earners, Neil Mellor, are on the Transfer List.

To all Cardiff fans' date='

What does a winding up order mean? As I remember Cardiff facing a winding up order umerous times this past season and now Preston are facing one after loaning £500k to pay the players wages this last month, of which eight of them, including one of Preston's highest earners, Neil Mellor, are on the Transfer List.[/quote']

Im not a Cardiff fan but know what it means,it means if you don't pay your debts by a certain date a winding up order will be brought against you which means you will go bankrupt and cease to exist,the charges can be delayed by saying you will have the money by a certain date or there is new investors coming in,adminstration is another option before bankrupcy is taken.

What does a winding up order mean? As I remember Cardiff facing a winding up order umerous times this past season and now Preston are facing one after loaning £500k to pay the players wages this last month, of which eight of them, including one of Preston's highest earners, Neil Mellor, are on the Transfer List.[/quote']

I think it means the club would be closed down because it owes money it does not have.

edit: It happened to Gretna and this is what is on Wikipedia:

However, the team struggled badly in the SPL and the club were placed in administration after Mileson withdrew his support due to illness.[2] At the end of the season, all of the club's staff were made redundant and the club were initially relegated to the Third Division due to their inability to guarantee fulfilment of their forthcoming fixtures. After this demotion, the one remaining offer to buy the club was withdrawn.[3] The club resigned their place in the Scottish Football League on 3 June[4] and were formally liquidated on 8 August.[5]

winding up order

simply put:

An order made by the Court for a company to be placed into compulsory liquidation

Well you wont be able to bring in anyone into the club untill you pay off your debts.

Nothing major for Preston, but with Cardiff they owe tens of millions although they faced a winding up order for a small part of there debt (2 million or so) it's the best thing for the club.

I dont care that they would not get investment' date=' and i know it is not going to happen but imo cardiff and swansea should not be in the english league. Same thing applies to rangers and celtics proposal to come to the league.

Nah, thats not why i want 'pool to win. Nobody will ever beat our points low thanks to mr davies.

I dread to think what state the wembley toilets will be in after cardiff have been there. I heard the recked them last time. Typical.[/quote']

We and Swansea belong to the Football League, not an english league.

We have the same rights as any other member club.

We are looking into leaving the FAW and coming under the direct control of the FA, but the FAW are (to put it mildly) being difficult about this.

Your comments about our visits to Wembley are pathetic and at best ill informed, at worst, deliberately antagonistic. We (as a club) were congratulated on our fan's behaviour on both visits...Who by? The police oddly enough. So please keep your nasty and stupid comments to yourself, or do some basic research before posting.

Well you wont be able to bring in anyone into the club untill you pay off your debts.

Nothing major for Preston' date=' but with Cardiff they owe tens of millions although they faced a winding up order for a small part of there debt (2 million or so) it's the best thing for the club.[/quote']

Not if major investors are about to take over the club, and.........................

as an added bonus, insist that Ridsdale goes before they take over!

If I was pushed I'd have to say Cardiff. Have a much better squad than Blackpool and are muched better equiped than Blackpool to compete in the Premier League.

If you think about it, Cardiff I'd safe have 5 or 6 quality players who could compete in the PL. They are Bothroyd, Chopra, McCormack, Burke, Hudson and Ledley.

As for Blackpool. They just about have one in Charlie Adam. But thats pushing it. I think if they did go up they'd probably do worse than us. They aren't the most richest of clubs and as I've said already, they have one quality player, the rest are just average over achieving Championship Players IMO.

Now I'm a Chelsea fan but in the lower leagues im a Charlie Austin fan, but I've been reading this forum. Good forum but I hear Hooper is heading to Leeds. Bad move for him in my mind, they dont suit his style, but neither do Derby, I reckon he should join Reading or Leicester City, quick free flowing footie, but then again could you imagine the chaos he would cause up front with Maynard at Bristol. Anyroad, Austin gonna be in the Champ or stuck with Swindon? Also I think Cardiff have the better team but I jst love Blackpool and Holly, so I want them to go up.! Gimme a reply, I'll be waiting:cool::)

This isn't meant to put down sides like Blackpool or Cardiff but I think either would struggle. My team, Newcastle, and West Brom both struggled last season but this season has shown a big gulf in class between us two and the rest. Obviously a lot can change with potential additions but Cardiff/Blackpool are at an immediate disadvantage in my opinion.