Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

Am I right in spelling this but I feel Britton has been Swansea's best player the last 18 months from what I saw' date=' I see in papers that Jordi Gomez, is linked back to Swansea but Swansea are owed summit like £1 million from the Martinez deal so would that end up givin the swans + £250k roughly speaking.

In terms of Craig Beattie he was always gonna be a flop, I never rated him. He's

very lazy and as you said injury prone.

Vokes would be a good target man, and Sharp would be SO GOOD up front but as you said the board may be weary if yano wher I'm coming from.

Would Swansea be able to afford Adrián COLUNGA off Recreativo?

or

Jonathan SORIANO who is a Free Agent, but his wage demands could block a deal, now they are just two names off the top of my head that would suit Swansea pitch wise.[/quote']

Well i've been watching the Swans since i was a small kid. 7 seasons infact, and Britton has been there for most of the time i've been watching the Swans. In my opinion he's always been our best player, even when Trundle was dazzling Soccer AM to heaven, Britton was consistant. He had a little fase under Jackett, when he was playing on the right wing, but Jackett was a mad man.

He does everything right, but recentley it looks like he's been looking more forward to the Premiership and no longer commited to the cause at Swansea. He'll join Wigan on a free transfer in the summer, as he's out of contract. He'll always be a Swansea legend though.

I hope we sign Gomez, he was with us in our first season in the Championship and was our player of the year scoring 15 goals from midfield. I'd love him to join, he's quality and a fans favourite, Martinez is a mad-man as Gomez is far better than Ben Watson. I'd love him to rejoin the Swans, he'd chip in with the goals.

I do like Beattie. He is lazy, but after watching for Jason Scotland for two years he's not so bad. Just not worth the money, he may stay though as we wouldn't get half of what we bought him for if we sold him.

I don't know how much Colunga would cost. But our price range would be up to 800k on three or four players this season. Our wage bill would be no more than 12,000k p/w on an individual player, no chance of getting Soriano though as his wages are double of what we can afford to pay.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Well i've been watching the Swans since i was a small kid. 7 seasons infact' date=' and Britton has been there for most of the time i've been watching the Swans. In my opinion he's always been our best player, even when Trundle was dazzling Soccer AM to heaven, Britton was consistant. He had a little fase under Jackett, when he was playing on the right wing, but Jackett was a mad man.

He does everything right, but recentley it looks like he's been looking more forward to the Premiership and no longer commited to the cause at Swansea. He'll join Wigan on a free transfer in the summer, as he's out of contract. He'll always be a Swansea legend though.

I hope we sign Gomez, he was with us in our first season in the Championship and was our player of the year scoring 15 goals from midfield. I'd love him to join, he's quality and a fans favourite, Martinez is a mad-man as Gomez is far better than Ben Watson. I'd love him to rejoin the Swans, he'd chip in with the goals.

I do like Beattie. He is lazy, but after watching for Jason Scotland for two years he's not so bad. Just not worth the money, he may stay though as we wouldn't get half of what we bought him for if we sold him.

I don't know how much Colunga would cost. But our price range would be up to 800k on three or four players this season. Our wage bill would be no more than 12,000k p/w on an individual player, no chance of getting Soriano though as his wages are double of what we can afford to pay.[/quote']

I laughd at the Trundle and Scotland part. Martinez is an idiout to play Watson, well said mate.

Matteo ARDEMAGNI is an Italian striker, never seen em play as e plays for a bad club , but I hear e is decent, although I wouldnt buy em.

Hernández JAVI would be a shrewd buy off Real Madrid castilla, more than available, theres a Paraguyan kid also called Javi Acuna, coming throught the ranks at Castilla, would be a solid signing and wages would not be too high.

I would love to see Austin of swindon in either a Swansea or Chelsea jersey next season but Chelsea qont buy em much to my disappointment, swansea are my Championship club so i hope e goes there.

lmao. he's got a good touch for a big man.

Roko, how has giles barnes been performing for you? I was happy with him being released by the end of his stay here. He'd spent too long on the treatment table and not enough time on the pitch where he had eye catching talent.

also, i would not take derek riordan. We might as well sign marlon king, joey barton and luke mccormick. His off field antics do not impress me and i would not be too happy with representing Derby.

(We have had enough fines and brawls this year to last a few more)

Id love us to sign hooper. How reliable is your source wozza?

Ive heard bailey and brayford are signing for 1 mil plus add ons. Thats a cracking deal for crewe.

I wouldnt take 800k for porter tbh. yes id take the money for hulse as he is getting on now and commons is unconsistant to say the least.

Porter still has alot to offer in a derby shirt and is probaly the best finisher we have at the club.

lmao. he's got a good touch for a big man.

Roko' date=' how has giles barnes been performing for you? I was happy with him being released by the end of his stay here. He'd spent too long on the treatment table and not enough time on the pitch where he had eye catching talent.[/quote']

He's done far better than I think anybody expected. Won us a couple of penalties with his direct running, looked generally lively and more importantly kept himself fit, touch wood. The one thing that really surprised me was that despite all the injuries he's still got that really electric turn of pace in his locker. If we can keep him fit then I have high hopes for him next season, but then it's keeping him out the physio's room that's always been the problem with him hasn't it?

I would love to see Austin of swindon in either a Swansea or Chelsea jersey next season but Chelsea qont buy em much to my disappointment' date=' swansea are my Championship club so i hope e goes there.[/quote']

There's not a chance Austin will be in a Swansea shirt next season. Swindon are completely fine financially and have no reason to sell him, his contract's not expiring any time soon, and the lad is perfectly happy playing for his home-town club. That's not to say he wouldn't leave if a bid was accepted, just that he wouldn't try and force his way out of the club if they want to keep him. Only silly money would have a bid accepted (and I mean a good few mil). Even if he were to leave, I doubt he'd go to Swansea. No offense, like.

also' date=' i would not take derek riordan. We might as well sign marlon king, joey barton and luke mccormick. His off field antics do not impress me and i would not be too happy with representing Derby.

(We have had enough fines and brawls this year to last a few more)

Id love us to sign hooper. How reliable is your source wozza?

Ive heard bailey and brayford are signing for 1 mil plus add ons. Thats a cracking deal for crewe.

I wouldnt take 800k for porter tbh. yes id take the money for hulse as he is getting on now and commons is unconsistant to say the least.

Porter still has alot to offer in a derby shirt and is probaly the best finisher we have at the club.[/quote']

Well, by not naming names, my source actually works at the club and is pretty high up the pecking order. The only thing that he's got wrong so far is that he told me that Hulse would leave in January. However, the other things he's told me such as Jewell walking away if he'd lost his next game, and Clough being the replacement WAY before anyone speculated it. He also told me about Shaun Barker, Lee Croft and This Brayford deal aswell. Hes got them all spot on.

By the way, its a combined fee of 800k, not £1m.

As for Porter, I feel hes gone off the boil abit. He needs to started picking himself up and we need to see the Chris Porter that first came to Derby.

Just read a great rumour for the Leicester fans out there!

Leicester are interested in signing Everton striker James Vaughan for £1m!!!

would be a brilliant signing :D

Vaughan is a good player but I would be wary about signing him. He is made of glass. Have you seen his injury record?

lol wozza. too right.

I wouldnt pay 1 million for the guy. He's good but there is no way he can stay fit for a full season.

has he said anything about hulse leaving in the summer?

signing cywka and hooper leads me to believe atleast one striker (excluding varney) will leave the club.

Bit harsh lol. If he proved his fitness to Pearson' date=' £1m would be a GREAT deal and he would pretty much guarantee 20 goals a season [b'](providing he stays fit.)[/b]

That is why he is not a great deal for £1m. He never stays fit long enough to score 20 goals in a season. If Hooper is available for £1-2m then Leicester would be better off trying to sign him.

There's not a chance Austin will be in a Swansea shirt next season. Swindon are completely fine financially and have no reason to sell him' date=' his contract's not expiring any time soon, and the lad is perfectly happy playing for his home-town club. That's not to say he wouldn't leave if a bid was accepted, just that he wouldn't try and force his way out of the club if they want to keep him. Only silly money would have a bid accepted (and I mean a good few mil). Even if he were to leave, I doubt he'd go to Swansea. [b']No offense, like.
[/b]

I don't think he'll go to Swansea either, but i certainly don't think he'll go to Leeds. You've got a big history, but that doesn't mean you can undermine clubs who have built up squads in the Championship and have proved to be succesfull there.

We do have the finances, don't think the board will use it though. I never thought i'd say this but i wish Risdale took over Swansea, at least he'd spend some money.

[/b]

I don't think he'll go to Swansea either' date=' but i certainly don't think he'll go to Leeds. You've got a big history, but that doesn't mean you can undermine clubs who have built up squads in the Championship and have proved to be succesfull there.

We do have the finances, don't think the board will use it though. [b']I never thought i'd say this but i wish Risdale took over Swansea, at least he'd spend some money.[/b]

Are you serious? It was that exact attitude that got Leeds into trouble in the first place... :rolleyes:

Hooper was just an example. Billy Sharp would be a good option too.

On his way to Leeds apparently.

I don't think he'll go to Swansea either' date=' but i certainly don't think he'll go to Leeds. You've got a big history, but that doesn't mean you can undermine clubs who have built up squads in the Championship and have proved to be succesfull there.

We do have the finances, don't think the board will use it though. I never thought i'd say this but i wish Risdale took over Swansea, at least he'd spend some money.[/quote']

Never said he would, but not being big-headed here - most players would take Leeds over Swansea. It's not about undermining, it's about the fact that we are Leeds and we have the money to finance it. The fact that clubs still treat us as their FA Cup final, still sing about us every game and still hate us with a passion proves that alone. Players dropped down divisions and turned down CCC clubs to join us where we were in League 1, now we're back in the CCC even more would fancy joining.

On his way to Leeds apparently.

Never said he would' date=' but not being big-headed here - most players would take Leeds over Swansea. It's not about undermining, it's about the fact that we are Leeds and we have the money to finance it. The fact that clubs still treat us as their FA Cup final, still sing about us every game and still hate us with a passion proves that alone. Players dropped down divisions and turned down CCC clubs to join us where we were in League 1, now we're back in the CCC even more would fancy joining.[/quote']

i told ya Sharp would join:p:p