Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

This could be seen as biased...but it's fairly spot on for Championship team of the season I think...

Weale

Morrison Bruce Hobbs Berner

Gallagher Wellens King Dyer

Waghorn Fryatt

:D

Don't get me wrong it's not a bad squad, but none of them really were ever going to be considered for the Championship team of the year this season.

The only reason Ashley Williams was put in the team of the year this season is because he's had such a great season, meaning plenty of premiership teams are chasing him. He's captained Wales, and he's been part of the best ever Swansea defence in the history of the club keeping a record number of clean sheets this season.

What an achievement by Blackpool. Tipped to be fighting against relagation but going up to the promised land. What an achievement it is, a big part of their achievement has to be down to the manager Ian Hollaway. Whatever heappend at Leicester this shows that he is one quality manager. CONGRATULATIONS BLACKPOOL:D:D:D:D:D

Thing is, they've got to either spend some of this 88M on a new stadium, or revamping the current Bloomfield Road cause they've only got just over a 12,000 capacity stadium currently and it won't suit the Premier league's requirements...

Thing is' date=' they've got to either spend some of this 88M on a new stadium, or revamping the current Bloomfield Road cause they've only got just over a 12,000 capacity stadium currently and it won't suit the Premier league's requirements...[/quote']

Rain on the parade why don't you lol

Rain on the parade why don't you lol

Sorry. :P

I just thought i'd point it out as Stevenage Borough were rejected by the football league 10 years ago cause there stadia didn't suit the football league requirements..

Thing is' date=' they've got to either spend some of this 88M on a new stadium, or revamping the current Bloomfield Road cause they've only got just over a 12,000 capacity stadium currently [b']and it won't suit the Premier league's requirements[/b]...

Who cares !! ? :P

Thing is' date=' they've got to either spend some of this 88M on a new stadium, or revamping the current Bloomfield Road cause they've only got just over a 12,000 capacity stadium currently and it won't suit the Premier league's requirements...[/quote']

Their isnt any Capacity Rule just Safety regulations.

I just thought i'd point it out as Stevenage Borough were rejected by the football league 10 years ago cause there stadia didn't suit the football league requirements..

Do you seriously think the PL are going to reject Blackpool? I don't think they'll be forced into upgrades (if there are regulations) in their first season anyway.

Yes, that's completely different. That's the football league requirements, probably because there was very little seating. The Championship's requirments is an all seater stadium, and it's the same for the Premiership.

So as long as they have an all seater stadium they'll be fine.

I know it's a bit of a fairytale story, but i don't see them getting 10,000 for games like Wigan. So i'm not possitive it'll be great for the Premiership.

I'd like to see them sign James Beattie or Tuncay Sanli.

Oh right' date=' i heard something the other day about them having to improve the East and South stands if they gain promotion? :confused:[/quote']

Not sure, probabley just the Saftey of the stands and of course the facilities but shouldnt cost 88 mill, Henry for Blackpool???

Well' date=' they'll have to spend some of the 88M to either build a new stadium, or revamp the current Bloomfield Road when they'll obviously want to bring in some new players.[/quote']

Why? The capacty isn't the greatest, correct but so long as they fill whatever capacity they have there won't be a need to increase it yet. Yeah, eventually if they want to move higher up the league there's no doubt they'll have to but at the moment there's no requirement or need to do so.

Not sure' date=' probabley just the Saftey of the stands and of course the facilities but shouldnt cost 88 mill, Henry for Blackpool???[/quote']

No. I didn't say it would cost 88M. But it would take money they would need to improve there squad. I'd like them to do well, and they need as much money as possible to compete with clubs in the promised land.

Yes' date=' that's completely different. That's the football league requirements, probably because there was very little seating. The Championship's requirments is an all seater stadium, and it's the same for the Premiership.[/quote']

Yeah true. I never saw the former Stevanage ground, so didn't know what kind of state it was in. However there new ground is nice.