Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

The South stand has just been rebuilt and finished' date=' so I assume they won't need to do anything...[/quote']

Has it? I thought that was the north and west stand..oh well, whatever happens, Blackpool will be in the Premier league next season. :)

Yeah true. I never saw the former Stevanage ground' date=' so didn't know what kind of state it was in. However there new ground is nice.[/quote']

Well Weston Super Mare were denied access to the Conference when they were promoted from the Conference South because off there ground a few years ago. They've now been relegated from the Conference South.

Well Weston Super Mare were denied access to the Conference when they were promoted from the Conference South because off there ground a few years ago. They've now been relegated from the Conference South.

Well, Blackpool only need to revamp the East and South stand to bump the capacity to about 20,000, which shouldn't set them back too much, but then on top of that a new training ground. I just hope they'll survive next season and continue to keep there Premier league status for years to come.

Do you seriously think the PL are going to reject Blackpool? I don't think they'll be forced into upgrades (if there are regulations) in their first season anyway.

or share a ground with someone else in a worst case scenario (e.g. preston)

I think you'll find that 3 out of 4 sides of Bloomfield Road have already been rebuilt, there's only 1 side that needs rebuilding and that's the stand with no roof. Unfortunately that stand's on the length of the pitch so if they began rebuilding it now then I doubt it'd be ready for the start of next season. However, now that they've got the funds I don't see why they can't start rebuilding that stand asap.

The current facilities in the ground aren't of a good enough standard for the premiership but I don't see why they can't incorporate better facilities in the 1 stand that needs replacing.

Guest CPFC Liam

Well done Blackpool, you were the much better side.

Annoying, we could have made the play-offs if we hadn't had gone into administration and sold Moses and Fonte. We beat Blackpool 4-1 and drew 2-2 in our championship matches with them.

Anyways, good luck in the Prem!

and what's he going to be like in the second half when the suns in his eyes? in all honesty there isn't really an amazing goal keeper in the championship who can keep up consistent good form' date=' in my opinion, but hey i watch too much premiership football so i see regular excellent goal keeper most of the time.[/quote']

Speroni? Should seriously be called up for Argentina.

Lee Camp's the best. He's premiership quality and by far the best Championship keeper.

He's then followed by De Vries' date=' superb. He's made some amazing clean sheets, and has kept the most clean sheets in the division.

Westwood has the most potential, but this season he's been beaten by Lee Camp & Dorus De Vries.

Then there's Chris Weale, solid. Harper, getting on, but still an all around good keeper. Scott Carson, pretty average, but pretty consistant. Andy Lonergan, solid. Scott Loach & Joe Lewis are great prospects though.

Marshall is as bad as it gets though.[/quote']

How can you not mention Speroni?

I think Dorrans' date=' Nolan, Carroll, Majevski and Charlie Adam would certainly make it.

Blackpool need a goal, i've missed a couple of minutes, but Cardiff are piling on the pressure from what i've seen the past few minutes.

[b']I forgot Whittingham....can't forget a midfielder who has got 25 goals.

and what about Joe Ledley? there's to many good midfielders...[/b]

Ambrose managed 17 for a team that just managed to stay up by two points.

Ambrose managed 17 for a team that just managed to stay up by two points.

True. However there's no need to even take into consideration your end of season position. You didn't deserve to be there, you should of had at-least a top 10 finish.

Well done Blackpool' date=' you were the much better side.

Annoying, we could have made the play-offs if we hadn't had gone into administration and sold Moses and Fonte. We beat Blackpool 4-1 and drew 2-2 in our championship matches with them.

Anyways, good luck in the Prem!

Speroni? Should seriously be called up for Argentina.

How can you not mention Speroni?[/quote']

He hasn't been as good as other keepers in the divison this season. He was at his best a couple of seasons ago.

I don't think you have the squad for the play-offs in all honesty, you were never anywhere near the play-offs in all honesty. Swansea were in the play-offs for about 4 or 5 months, and they still didn't make it.

I think you would have finished mid-table.

You do realise that Blackpool don't get given a huge cheque of £88m all in one go?

£88m is a predicted figure of the money they could potentially make. Not sure how it works, but chances are they won't even get half that. It takes into account para payments, not sure how much they are though. It includes television money and is mostly based on potential.

You do realise that Blackpool don't get given a huge cheque of £88m all in one go?

£88m is a predicted figure of the money they could potentially make. Not sure how it works' date=' but chances are they won't even get half that. It takes into account para payments, not sure how much they are though. It includes television money and is mostly based on potential.[/quote']

true. it's predicted they'll get 40M for today's game..

and with that they've got to build a training ground, buy new players, pay players clauses in there contracts for getting promoted, and apparently that predicted to be 5M (or something), and then possibly revamp the East and south stands at Bloomfield Road.

Guest CPFC Liam

He hasn't been as good as other keepers in the divison this season. He was at his best a couple of seasons ago.

I don't think you have the squad for the play-offs in all honesty' date=' you were never anywhere near the play-offs in all honesty. Swansea were in the play-offs for about 4 or 5 months, and they still didn't make it.

I think you would have finished mid-table.[/quote']

A couples of seasons ago he was on the bench and Kiraly was playing, he's only really been playing consistently for the last two and a half seasons or so. He's very consistent, rarely has a bad game, you probably saw the West Brom Vs Palace game on the Television on the second to last game of the season. They had about twenty shots on target yet we managed to salvage a 1-1 draw. And that isn't even one of his good matches, and to be honest, Maradona should seriously consider calling him up for some friendly matches after the World Cup and give him a chance. West Ham are linked with him aswell for around £2.5 Million, and for a club in Administration, that's alot of money.

About our squad, we were ninth when we went into Administration, three points off the play-offs and our confidence was high under Warnock. Then, BOOM, we're in Administration, Fonte leaves, Moses leaves, and most of all Warnock leaves. Think about the players confidence, Play-Off contenders to a Relegation battle. We were lucky to stay up! Without the ten point deduction we would have finished 12th. Without it, who knows?

PS: Fair play to Dobbie for Blackpool, he wore a R.I.P. Besian Idrizaj T-Shirt under his Blackpool shirt at the end of the match. Would have been great if he had scored and he had ripped it off. Dobbie knew Idrizaj from Swansea.

PS: Fair play to Dobbie for Blackpool' date=' he wore a R.I.P. Besian Idrizaj T-Shirt under his Blackpool shirt at the end of the match. Would have been great if he had scored and he had ripped it off. Dobbie knew Idrizaj from Swansea.[/quote']

Yeh saw that shirt. He got on well with Idrizaj at Swansea, as they both were only given a chance in the reserves. I'm sure the Cardiff fans would have token offence to that B)

Guest CPFC Liam

The only reason Speroni is rated lower than is because they play for bigger clubs, stick Speroni in one of their teams and he would become first choice. It's a shame he wasn't given a chance to shine earlier in his career when he was a sub at Dundee and at Palace, the only put off about him is his age at the moment, if he was a few years younger and playing like this, then he would be something special.

Watch the link, this is him in 2008, he had just been called up to be the first team palace keeper, now he is much more confident and much better. You may think "This is just his best clips, he must make some bad mistakes." But he does not. He is very consistent and I can't remember the last time he was at fault for a goal.

PS: Watch the amazing double penalty save at 1:17.

The only reason Speroni is rated lower than is because they play for bigger clubs' date=' stick Speroni in one of their teams and he would become first choice. It's a shame he wasn't given a chance to shine earlier in his career when he was a sub at Dundee and at Palace, the only put off about him is his age at the moment, if he was a few years younger and playing like this, then he would be something special.

[url']

[/url]

Watch the link, this is him in 2008, he had just been called up to be the first team palace keeper, now he is much more confident and much better. You may think "This is just his best clips, he must make some bad mistakes." But he does not. He is very consistent and I can't remember the last time he was at fault for a goal.

PS: Watch the amazing double penalty save at 1:17.

Every keeper has to be at that quality to play Championship football. But he doesn't stand out as a good championship keeper.

Guest CPFC Liam

Every keeper has to be at that quality to play Championship football. But he doesn't stand out as a good championship keeper.

Neither does De Vries or Westwood or anybody else then? We don't have a particularly good defence (Lawrence, McCarthy, Davis, Hill) whilst all the goalkeepers you mentioned have much better defences than us. I'm not saying Speroni is amazingly good but how you can make a shortlist of Championship goalkeepers and not mention Speroni is beyond me.

Neither does De Vries or Westwood or anybody else then? We don't have a particularly good defence (Lawrence' date=' McCarthy, Davis, Hill) whilst all the goalkeepers you mentioned have much better defences than us. I'm not saying Speroni is amazingly good but how you can make a shortlist of Championship goalkeepers and not mention Speroni is beyond me.[/quote']

Coventry have the worst defence in the league, Watford have a porer defence than Palace same for Peterborough. Having a good defence does not take anything out of De Vries's clean sheet record, you still have to do something to get that.

De Vries was actually considered for a place in the Dutch squad. But just missed out in the end, with the manager prefering players in the Dutch league to De Vries.

Guest CPFC Liam

Coventry have the worst defence in the league' date=' Watford have a porer defence than Palace same for Peterborough. Having a good defence does not take anything out of De Vries's clean sheet record, you still have to do something to get that.

De Vries was actually considered for a place in the Dutch squad. But just missed out in the end, with the manager prefering players in the Dutch league to De Vries.[/quote']

Swansea are a defensive side, their goal records and their attack records show this. This makes De Vries's job easier, not to mention he has Williams, Angel, Monk and Edgar who are undoubtedly some of the best defenders in the Championship.

Seeing as Maradona is not taking Cambiasso to the World Cup I don't think there is any chance he would recognise Speroni's talent. But he could have been on Maradona's list. Who knows? Most Managers don't talk about who they might pick e.t.c.