Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

Yes' date=' but the Cardiff born signer sung the song because of the Ayatollah Khameni. He was inspired at his funeral, yes the man who attempted to kill Rushdie.

It all dates by to '88, with Rushdie, but now has very little to do with that.

And by the way ever heard of Rob Brydon? John Hartson? Swansea Jack is one of the most famous dogs in the world. Deserves the credit for the lives he saved. Enjoy Swimming back from Wembley?

[img']http://images5.cafepress.com/product/32117835v1_225x225_Front.jpg[/img]

Yes it was him, but the Rushdie link is erroneous

No it does not date to '88 for us, as I said...erroneous

The swimaway?

50 of your inbreds driving a few Cardiff kids into the sea and there is your ticket for life

Your only pride is your hatred of us

Yes it was a long drive home and it hurt

But truth is the far better team on the day (and the better manager) won it

No arguements here

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Yes it was a long drive home and it hurt

Good.

But truth is the far better team on the day (and the better manager) won it

No arguements here

Yes, you were pretty dreadfull, especially Marshall of course, who shouldn't be playing at the level of League 2, never mind the Championship play-off final.

Yes' date=' you were pretty dreadfull, especially Marshall of course, who shouldn't be playing at the level of League 2, never mind the Championship play-off final.[/quote']

I beg to differ. He was a quality goalie for Norwich last season. The move to Cardiff may not have worked out but he's definately at least championship quality.

Good.

Yes' date=' you were pretty dreadfull, especially Marshall of course, who shouldn't be playing at the level of League 2, never mind the Championship play-off final.[/quote']

claws dear!

[edit]

In my excitement at conversing with you, I gave the wrong link earlier...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7405620.stm

claws dear!

[edit]

In my excitement at conversing with you' date=' I gave the wrong link earlier...

[url']http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7405620.stm[/url]

Yes, but it all lead down to the Ayotollah Khameni. Nothing against Swansea though, as i'm sure many people do think. A very dramatised video though, especially with the Lincoln away game.

Yes' date=' but it all lead down to the Ayotollah Khameni. Nothing against Swansea though, as i'm sure many people do think. A very dramatised video though, especially with the Lincoln away game.[/quote']

Ayatollah Khameni...yes--------Rushdie...no

dramatised?

Was your sister/wife in Twin Town?

dramatised?

Was your sister/wife in Twin Town?

Yes. It was dramatised' date=' it wouldn't have been if that was for example Havant & Waterlooville. But everyone knows that you make a lot of the noise, it's the same for Swansea we do it everywhere and there's lots of symbols.

Haha, no, but my mates [b']cousin[/b] is in Gavin & Stacey (Stacey)

wozza when is the deal for hooper going through? lol. Im impatient. 1.5 mil for an aging forward is a pretty good deal. We could get hooper for that.

Cywka also needs to get in soon to ease my nerves.

congrats to blackpool, commiserations to cardiff. It was the result i wanted and believed was correct but it must suck to travel up to london to lose after going up twice.

ive been away for a few days so didnt get chance to answer you andy. I can see us getting rid of varney for peanuts. He never settled at derby. Id be happy with 200k.

vote maynard for european goal of the season' date=' go on you know it makes sense :D

PLEASE

and in case you missed it here it is

[YOUTUBE']cCsfGkrqDQk[/YOUTUBE]

I prefer Cohen's, Nasri's, Figeuroa's and especially Benzema's goals ahead of that one.

Why isn't Clingers in there? Lad's scored nothing but corkers this season!

yjTtHk9-u64&feature=related

I prefer Cohen's' date=' Nasri's, Figeuroa's and especially Benzema's goals ahead of that one.

Why isn't Clingers in there? Lad's scored nothing but corkers this season![/quote']

Cohen's vs Blackpool i take it? that was a corker!!

For those that haven't seen it, here it is:

gHBwag7Hj9U

Also, Lee how did you forget this goal?

2O-UuHo0j1g

I feel quite sorry for Shorpe and their fans. They did very well to stay up last season but they have already lost Paul Hayes, Grant McCann and Marcus Williams all on free transfers. It looks likely Gary Hooper could be on the move too. Its a shame because losing 3 of their best players and getting no money for them surely sets them back a lot for next season.

Derby sign Tomasz Cywka!!!

2 Year contract on a free transfer - great bit of business that. Hes got bags of potential and talent and hes only 21. Obviously he's not the finished article as Clough has admitted but he'll develop here and could be the best bit of business in the Championship for the coming season.

Looks like Hulse is on his way to Burnley for a £1.5m fee, but I would rather see him go to Stoke so that we can have a rumoured swap deal with Michael Tonge. But we'll see.

The Hooper deal is still on the cards from what I've heard, and Danny Buijis isn't coming to us anymore.

But the latest rumour is that Big Stevie Howard is going to make a dramatic return to PP :eek: That would be incredible!!

UTR!

Derby sign Tomasz Cywka!!!

2 Year contract on a free transfer - great bit of business that. Hes got bags of potential and talent and hes only 21. Obviously he's not the finished article as Clough has admitted but he'll develop here and could be the best bit of business in the Championship for the coming season.

Looks like Hulse is on his way to Burnley for a £1.5m fee' date=' but I would rather see him go to Stoke so that we can have a rumoured swap deal with Michael Tonge. But we'll see.

The Hooper deal is still on the cards from what I've heard, and Danny Buijis isn't coming to us anymore.

[b']But the latest rumour is that Big Stevie Howard is going to make a dramatic return to PP :eek: That would be incredible!! [/b]

UTR!

Nah we'll keep him, thank you very much. :) Great target man, just lump the ball up the pitch and it's likely he'll get his head on it. Could be a great combination (Fryatt + Howard) next season.

is hooper having second thoughts? i heard he was interested in celtic.

very pleased about cywka. My bet is he has a great season next season, then we sell him for peanuts as he only has a year left on his contract. lol.

Buijs wanted over 20 grand a week so im glad we didnt get him.

Im not sure if id want stevie howard back at derby. Im not sure he is still the same player he once was.

I heard we are close signing naismith. I dont know too much about him but looking at his stats he doesnt impress me.

is hooper having second thoughts? i heard he was interested in celtic.

very pleased about cywka. My bet is he has a great season next season' date=' then we sell him for peanuts as he only has a year left on his contract. lol.

Buijs wanted over 20 grand a week so im glad we didnt get him.

Im not sure if id want stevie howard back at derby. Im not sure he is still the same player he once was.

[b']

I heard we are close signing naismith. I dont know too much about him but looking at his stats he doesnt impress me[/b].

Steven Naismith?

an interesting fact i have just found ;)

Ok, bear with me on this...

... in the last nine seasons, the team that Bristol City have played in their last game of the season have gone on to be promoted, with the exception of 2006/7, when they themselves were promoted!

In 01/02 we played Stoke on the last day and Stoke then went onto win the playoffs.

In 02/03 we lost to Cardiff in the playoff semis... Cardiff going on to win them.

In 03-04 we lost to Brighton in the playoff final.

In 04-05 we played Wednesday on the last day. Wednesday won the playoffs.

In 05-06 we played Southend on the last day. Southend went up as champions.

In 06/07 Bristol City themselves was promoted

In 07/08 we lost to Hull in the playoff final.

In 08/09 we played Burnley on the last day. Burnley then won the playoffs.

And of course, In 09/10 our last game was Blackpool, Blackpool won the play offs:eek:

you can also add

99/00 Preston won promotion

97/98 Bristol city won promotion

*the missing links*

00/01 Wigan - play offs, lost to the winners '01

96/97 Brentford - Play-off Final losers - '97

98/99 Norwich - 9th in Division One, (Bristol city got relegated)

so who wants to play us for our last game of the 2010/11 season??? :P