Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

Kasper Schmeichel joins on a free. :D

Cracking signing, absolutely delighted with it. Not sure what wages he was on, but good to see we are showing ambition signing someone of his calibre. Notts put a £2m price tag on him before his contract was terminated due to wages!

0,,10273~8818554,00.jpg

Derby sign Tomasz Cywka!!!

2 Year contract on a free transfer - great bit of business that. Hes got bags of potential and talent and hes only 21. Obviously he's not the finished article as Clough has admitted but he'll develop here and could be the best bit of business in the Championship for the coming season.

Looks like Hulse is on his way to Burnley for a £1.5m fee' date=' but I would rather see him go to Stoke so that we can have a rumoured swap deal with Michael Tonge. But we'll see.

The Hooper deal is still on the cards from what I've heard, and Danny Buijis isn't coming to us anymore.

But the latest rumour is that Big Stevie Howard is going to make a dramatic return to PP :eek: That would be incredible!!

UTR![/quote']

Cywka is a great signing for you. He's absolutely quality, bags of potential. Will remain to see how he fits into the Championship though, it won't be easy.

Cracking signing' date=' absolutely delighted with it. Not sure what wages he was on, but good to see we are showing ambition signing someone of his calibre. Notts put a £2m price tag on him before his contract was terminated due to wages![/quote']

Good coup is that, there's going to need to be a few more like it. There are rumours flying round Leeds for every player under the sun right now.

Cracking signing' date=' absolutely delighted with it. Not sure what wages he was on, but good to see we are showing ambition signing someone of his calibre. Notts put a £2m price tag on him before his contract was terminated due to wages![/quote']

Very good replacement for Ankergren there!

Bloody good signing that, Would have loved Him at Ashton Gate, Just not his wage demands :P

Very good replacement for Ankergren there!

Not a replacement, but an improvement.

Apparently Bayern, Spurs, Birmingham and Arsenal were all interested, and Bates has said that he turned down Premiership clubs offering higher wages to join us. If true, good on the lad. A lot of players these days would've taken the money to sit on the bench, clearly he wants to play.

Apparently on £14k at Notts. Don't know if we're paying a similar amount but it's win-win either way - either this lad genuinely wants to play for us and has taken a pay cut to do so, or Bates is actually willing to use some of that money we've taken in this last year from Delph, Garbutt, the FA Cup run and the two youngsters City nabbed, to name but a few.

We're being linked with absolutely dozens of players atm, surprise surprise it's a player who no-one's linked us with who has joined. I doubt we'll actually sign anyone we've been linked with tbh (Hulse, Sharp, Hooper, etc), apart from maybe Montgomery (although I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't even interested in him anyway - Grayson keeps his cards close to his chest), but if the signings we do make are as good as this I'll be delighted.

j-gONoWwlV8

Haha, that's quite good. :D

Quite a few players there that ended up at Leeds. Keane, Huckerby, McAllister (before and after Coventry), McSheffery (he was released this summer btw, maybe you'll re-sign him?). An of course you can't forget Doyle, surprised he wasn't mentioned as one of the star players. :D

Could this be it for Crystal Palace?

Statement CPFC2010 – 31st May 2010

As you are aware we are endeavoring to acquire both Crystal Palace Football club and Selhurst Park. Everyone would agree Selhurst Park is pivotal to the long-term future of the club and CPFC2010 have always made it clear that they will not proceed without securing it.

We have now reached agreement with Agilo regarding their debt against the club and did have what we thought was an agreement with Bank of Scotland who are the major creditor of Selhurst Park Ltd. Subsequent to this agreement we have been sent a contract that does not reflect this agreement and is unworkable.

CPFC 2010 value Selhurst park as a football ground but have agreed to pay a significant premium on that. We also recognize that a property developer may pay even more for the ground on the chance that they may be able to change its use sometime in the future. The bank have made it clear that they want to help the club and don’t want to sell to a property developer now but are worried we may sell the land for development in the future, making a profit and embarrassing the bank in the process.

In order to put their minds at rest we have also agreed to an ‘anti embarrassment’ clause that allows the Bank to see a further return if we realize greater value from the ground in the future. In essence we need clarity on what that amount should be and how it is calculated. At the moment it seems the Bank want to make unlimited return in the future even if that value is created on the back of the success of the football club or money we have invested in a new infrastructure and not in appreciation of the value of the land. We believe that the maximum they should make is the difference between what we will pay for the land as a football ground and what a property developer will pay now as a development opportunity plus interest.

We are dealing totally through intermediaries and its very frustrating, as we don’t think the bank competently understand the situation we are in, or the urgency.

If we cannot reach agreement soon (we have a deadline of 3pm 1st June) Agilo have made their intention clear to sell the players and liquidate the club.

Please be assured we are doing everything we can to make this happen but as we sit today the future of Crystal palace hangs in the balance and is very much in the hands of a person in a bank in Scotland whom we have never met and it seems we are not allowed to speak to.

We note the new governments commitment to sport, particularly sport in the community, Bank of Scotland is currently government owned, as such we would urge the new Prime Minister to intervene personally to resolve the situation or see a club supported by many thousands with 100 year History consigned to the scrapheap.

Could be less than 24 hours.

All there players will leave the clubs regardless if there liquidated or not, here's some of the players who could be leaving.

Ambrose to QPR (750k Accepted Bid)

Carlse to Sydney (completed)

Danns to Swansea :P

Lee Hills to Swansea

Speroni to West Ham

Clyne to Arsenal

Scannell to Hull

Aswell as the likes of Derry, N'Diaye, Claude Davies all leaving the club.

I don't know if anyone will stay, but obviously the need a backer and fast as it'd keep there players at the club.

Guest JackWWFC

Cracking signing' date=' absolutely delighted with it. Not sure what wages he was on, but good to see we are showing ambition signing someone of his calibre. Notts put a £2m price tag on him before his contract was terminated due to wages!

[img']http://www.leedsunited.com/javaImages/7a/8f/0,,10273~8818554,00.jpg[/img]

I'm sure there was a wage cap in League 2, and they only got themselves into trouble because of Signing On Fee's and Match Bonuses and such, not wages in itself.

He's a solid keeper though, Premier? Probably not.

Guest JackWWFC

Hopefully' date=' i'd love to see Crystal Palace rot and burn, if only King Kolo wa still here..[/quote']

Why's that? It's bad for a Football Club to be gone, imagine what there fans would feel...

Why's that? It's bad for a Football Club to be gone' date=' imagine what there fans would feel...[/quote']

1. He was a Crystal Palace fan

2. I didn't like the boy

So it would of meant fun times for me.

Guest JackWWFC

1. He was a Crystal Palace fan

2. I didn't like the boy

So it would of meant fun times for me.

So for one out of one hundred thousand Palace fans you want them to suffer.

Seems like a good way of thinking.. B) /Sarcasm

Could this be it for Crystal Palace?

They won't go bust. Here's a post on the Leeds board which sums it up well:

Actually rereading the statement' date=' this looks like a bit of Bates style brinkmanship. They don't NEED to buy the ground to avoid liquidation. They have agreement with the major creditor to buy the club and sort the debts. But they are threatening to pull the entire club over and force a liquidation, having been in preferred bidder position since March, if - separately - the bank don't sell the ground to them RIGHT NOW and on their terms (enabling them to pocket any profit going forward above the current development value of the land). Looks like it may be CP2010 who are being the ******* here. Real White knights, or just a bunch of local business men looking to make a fastish buck? Again, sound familiar? Poor Palace - being Bates-ed and Krasner-ed at the same time.[/quote']

So many clubs in the football league go "close" to liquidation, but it never happens. Take Southend for an example. They hit their deadline, it got extended. They hit the new deadline, still in debt, the FL extended it again. Finally a week after the deadline they paid off the debts and nothing happened. Palace won't go to the wall. The FL won't let them.

I'm sure there was a wage cap in League 2' date=' and they only got themselves into trouble because of Signing On Fee's and Match Bonuses and such, not wages in itself.

He's a solid keeper though, Premier? Probably not.[/quote']

He was on £14k a week according to SSN and BBC.

Premier? Why not? He started 10 times for City in the PL when he was about 20/21 and didn't look out of place. He's about two or years older now, still improving. He'll be a great 'keeper for the Championship. Who knows how good he'll be in the future, but if we get to the PL or he goes there with some other club when his contract expires in two years, there's no reason whatsoever why he won't be good enough.

Could be less than 24 hours.

All there players will leave the clubs regardless if there liquidated or not' date=' here's some of the players who could be leaving.

Ambrose to QPR (750k Accepted Bid)

Carlse to Sydney (completed)

Danns to Swansea :P

Lee Hills to Swansea

Speroni to West Ham

Clyne to Arsenal

Scannell to Hull

Aswell as the likes of Derry, N'Diaye, Claude Davies all leaving the club.

I don't know if anyone will stay, but obviously the need a backer and fast as it'd keep there players at the club.[/quote']

How do you work that one out?

And all those "probable" transfers are just complete guesswork on your behalf, the top two excluded. Cheers for the nonsense.

Hopefully' date=' i'd love to see Crystal Palace rot and burn, if only King Kolo wa still here..[/quote']

Harsh..

Guest JackWWFC

He was on £14k a week according to SSN and BBC.

Premier? Why not? He started 10 times for City in the PL when he was about 20/21 and didn't look out of place. He's about two or years older now' date=' still improving. He'll be a great 'keeper for the Championship. Who knows how good he'll be in the future, but if we get to the PL or he goes there with some other club when his contract expires in two years, there's no reason whatsoever why he won't be good enough.

.[/quote']

Fair comment, I just don't see him as a Premier League keeper, definitely a good buy for Leeds though, that Donkey Ankgreken (Spelling) . Good luck for the season, we have you in a Pre-Season friendly if I remember correctly :D

Premier? Why not? He started 10 times for City in the PL when he was about 20/21 and didn't look out of place. He's about two or years older now' date=' still improving. He'll be a great 'keeper for the Championship. Who knows how good he'll be in the future, but if we get to the PL or he goes there with some other club when his contract expires in two years, there's no reason whatsoever why he won't be good enough.[/quote']

I disagree. When he played for City, he looked very much out of place in my opinion. He had that one good game against United on the opening day of the season, although even in that game he was VERY lucky on several occasions. His command of his area was abysmal at that point in his career. Perhaps he's improved since, and perhaps he shall continue to improve at Leeds, but he was absolutely lightyears behind somebody like Joe Hart, at the same stage of their careers.

I disagree. When he played for City' date=' he looked very much out of place in my opinion. He had that one good game against United on the opening day of the season, although even in that game he was VERY lucky on several occasions. His command of his area was abysmal at that point in his career. Perhaps he's improved since, and perhaps he shall continue to improve at Leeds, but he was absolutely lightyears behind somebody like Joe Hart, at the same stage of their careers.[/quote']

I also disagree, i don't see what Premier League club would want him as a regular goalkeeper. Wait for him to play a game first, as he hasn't played football at Championship quality for a few years. Better than Ankergren, that's a certainty but personally i don't think he'll be good enough for the Championship next season.

I also disagree' date=' i don't see what Premier League club would want him as a regular goalkeeper. Wait for him to play a game first, as he hasn't played football at Championship quality for a few years. Better than Ankergren, that's a certainty but personally i don't think he'll be good enough for the Championship next season.[/quote']

Whilst he's probably not good enough for the Premier League right now, there were teams interested in him and I'm sure they've been watching him a lot this year, so he can't be too bad.

From reading what Notts County fans have said, he was excellent last year and so I'm sure he'll do well for Leeds this year.

Also.. why does everyone think Ankergren is pap. :confused: Whenever I think of him, I can only remember the save he made against Exeter which was probably the best I've seen. :o

Guest JackWWFC

Norwich are looking to sign Snodgrass & Becchio, apparently Snodgrass worked with Lambert at Livingston and is keen to do so again.

^ My mate who is "well involved" with Leeds..

And Leeds are looking to sign Connor Wickham for 4.1M but Newcastle & Spurs are looking to buy him and Loan him back.