Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

I also disagree' date=' i don't see what Premier League club would want him as a regular goalkeeper. Wait for him to play a game first, as he hasn't played football at Championship quality for a few years. Better than Ankergren, that's a certainty but personally i don't think he'll be good enough for the Championship next season.[/quote']

No PL clubs do, right now. The likes of Spurs and Bayern wanted him as cover, and for his potential. Which is what we're talking about. And he played Championship football just over a year ago, and was solid then. I'm willing to bet you right now that he'll fit in fine in the Championship. Whether he'll be one of the better 'keepers or just a non-stand out yet solid 'keeper, who knows. But, and quote me on this in six months or whatever, I think he'll do fine.

Whilst he's probably not good enough for the Premier League right now' date=' there were teams interested in him and I'm sure they've been watching him a lot this year, so he can't be too bad.

From reading what Notts County fans have said, he was excellent last year and so I'm sure he'll do well for Leeds this year.

Also.. why does everyone think Ankergren is pap. :confused: Whenever I think of him, I can only remember the save he made against Exeter which was probably the best I've seen. :o[/quote']

I have no idea myself. Ankergren was a great servant to this club, and easily the best shot stopper in League 1. He's proved countless times against the bigger teams this season his ability. However his kicking and aerial ability is poor, and he's even at fault for goals from set pieces. He's a great keeper at League 1 level and would do well at most clubs. I liked him myself, a shame he'll leave, but Higgs is probably a better all round 'keeper and Schmeichel is probably better too.

Norwich are looking to sign Snodgrass & Becchio' date=' apparently Snodgrass worked with Lambert at Livingston and is keen to do so again.

^ My mate who is "well involved" with Leeds..

And Leeds are looking to sign Connor Wickham for 4.1M but Newcastle & Spurs are looking to buy him and Loan him back.[/quote']

All utter nonsense rumours. Snodgrass and Becchio would achieve nothing going to Norwich, a team on the same level with nowhere near the history or pulling power, who also have financial troubles. As we have shown ever since we've been relegated, the only clubs who our players would sign for are Premiership clubs. I highly doubt Norwich can afford them anyway, it'd take a good few mil for Leeds to even consider bids for either player.

As for Wickham, we have been linked with him but we won't spend £4m all summer, bad enough on one player. I doubt we'll spend over £2m on one player all summer, and I only think we'll spend over £1m on one or two players, if any.

One interesting rumour however, is Hamilton's James McArthur. Apparently he was on trial at Wigan and they've offered £800k, but we're looking to hijack it with a £1m plus add-ons. Probably just paper talk, however.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Guest Scout Maker

Judgement day for Palace today, I'm going to Spain at 15:00 so I'll miss the drama, but I'll be getting regular text updates. I can't chat much now as I'm getting ready but believe me, we will get out of this and we will come back stronger than ever.

Guest Scout Maker

I wouldn't mind a Ron Noades takeover, even though after what he done at the club, I don't care who buys us now. I'm regularly checking SSN, and what do I see? Harry Kewell's fitness for the Aussies at the World Cup and BREAKING NEWS: Nigeria one of the first clubs to travel to South Africa. Thanks SSN.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203068&page=14

Thread here with updates from Palace fans, take a look if you want.

I wouldn't mind a Ron Noades takeover' date=' even though after what he done at the club, I don't care who buys us now. I'm regularly checking SSN, and what do I see? Harry Kewell's fitness for the Aussies at the World Cup and BREAKING NEWS: Nigeria one of the first clubs to travel to South Africa. Thanks SSN.

[url']http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203068&page=14[/url]

Thread here with updates from Palace fans, take a look if you want.

any update??? the deadline has passed, anyone with any information?

Guest Scout Maker

Brendan has moved to deadline forward to 4PM I think. You can't get on the link at the moment unless you have an account on the website, I don't so I'm registering now.

ADMINISTRATOR Brendan Guilfoyle has told the South London Press that the consortium looking to buy Crystal Palace are close to striking a deal to buy Selhurst Park.

And the administrator has also confirmed that he has put the block on player sales - as he now discusses CPFC 2010 starting to fund the running of the club.

The consortium issued a statement yesterday urging Lloyds Bank, who are the company who own Selhurst Park, to agree a deal to sell them the ground. Over 2,500 supporters are demonstrating outside the bank's headquarters in central London.

And Guilfoyle says that "substantial progress" has been made.

He said: "My impression is that they are there or thereabouts. I understand Lloyds are due to make a statement later this afternoon.

"Discussions are continuing - there are a few legal issues - but hopefully that will all get resolved this afternoon.

"There were difficulties in communicating with the bank but they engaged today.

"We'll keep going and we won't sell [players]. Things are developing hour by hour."

ive heard paul connolly is signing for weeds pretty shortly. If this is true i'll be devastated to see such a talented player leave.

LOL

only joking, i'll drive the guy down to weeds myself. He is one of the worst players ive seen in a derby county shirt and ive seen a few.

good riddance.

ive heard paul connolly is signing for weeds pretty shortly. If this is true i'll be devastated to see such a talented player leave.

LOL

only joking' date=' i'll drive the guy down to weeds myself. He is one of the worst players ive seen in a derby county shirt and ive seen a few.

good riddance.[/quote']

Yep, he's only one of 150 players we've been linked with. The rumour was created by a Derby fan btw, there's no substance in it whatsoever. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Just like a N. Forest fan has claimed that we've agreed a deal of £1m and Snodgrass for Tyson (:confused:) and some Norwich fan has clamed Becchio has joined on a free.

Yep' date=' he's only one of 150 players we've been linked with. The rumour was created by a Derby fan btw, there's no substance in it whatsoever. I wouldn't get your hopes up. Just like a N. Forest fan has claimed that we've agreed a deal of £1m and Snodgrass for Tyson (:confused:) and some Norwich fan has clamed Becchio has joined on a free.[/quote']

Next they'll make up that Beckford had a last minute thought and was set to join Derby instead of Everton. :P

Striker Daniel Bogdanovic has agreed to join Sheffield United when his Barnsley contract expires on 30th June.

Haha' date=' after joining Sheffield United he then tried to claim that he turned down Leeds, which turned out to be the lie. Judging from the club statement, I don't think Grayson and co. were particularly impressed by those comments.

BOGDANOVIC: A STATEMENT

Leeds United today refuted a claim from former Barnsley striker Daniel Bogdanovic that he had had the opportunity to join the Elland Road club.

Bogdanovic made the claim after signing for Sheffield United last night but the Elland Road club can firmly deny that that was not the case. The club received a call about the player's availabilty but he was never offered the chance to come to Leeds.

Also funny that, despite having the offer from Sheff Utd from May, he waited until the day after Paynter joined Leeds before accepting the offer. 13 clubs in 13 years. A true mercenary. Probably using Leeds to try and up Sheff Utd's offer. The lengths some people will go to.

Well, at least you know he really wants to be at your club, eh Stevie?

Guest Scout Maker

Respuesta: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

WE ARE SAVED! Was delighted when I heard the news after a long flight to Spain, hopefully no one leaves and we can conventrate on next season now.

Also, get lost Warnock, Ambrose doesen´t want to go to QPR so back off.

wozza where is this hooper deal? lol

A lot of Shorpe fans have claimed that it's between Leeds and Boro, with Boro the favourites. Boro had a £1m bid turned down, Scunny want £2.5m. Apparently Derby haven't even enquired about him. This according to someone who works within Shorpe, which has been backup on their forums. As reliable a source as Wozza's. So who knows.

it would not surprise me if we hadn't bid for him. I dont think we have the financial clout to get him if it turns into a bidding war which looks like it is.

Id say Leeds will get him if it is between leeds and 'boro.

Do you want to play for a club with an average gate of 19,000 in the championship or a team with a gate of 24,000 in league 1.

easy decision if he takes the football club into consideration.

it would not surprise me if we hadn't bid for him. I dont think we have the financial clout to get him if it turns into a bidding war which looks like it is.

Id say Leeds will get him if it is between leeds and 'boro.

Do you want to play for a club with an average gate of 19' date='000 in the championship or a team with a gate of 24,000 in league 1.

easy decision if he takes the football club into consideration.[/quote']

Yes, but how often do players do that? Boro have a much better team on paper and as it stands the better chance of getting back to the Prem. They've also got plenty of money to spend from the parachute payments. I can't see us spending £2m all transfer window, bad enough on one player, so if the figures mentioned are true, there's little chance of us getting him.

true, players go where the money is unfortunately. another pull to boro' would be the chance to play under such an accomplished coach as strachan.

We are being linked with adam le fandre. Cant say ive seen the boy play that much but heard he puts the ball in the back of the net. Possibly a cheap alternative to hooper.

Another player ive heard mentioned around certain forums is simon cox.

He thumped the ball into the back of the net at pride park. (:mad:). West Brom will probably want a better quality of striker in the prem so could be available for 1 million if we are lucky.