Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

Pearson's got to be mental to want to take over at Hull. Leicester have by far the better infrastructure, Leicester is a nicer city than Hull (right in the middle of the country so doesn't take too long to get anywhere) and certainly has more potential.

Of course if Hull have a higher transfer kitty, and Pearson is offered more money than he could be tempted. I hope he doesn't leave :(

Pearson's got to be mental to want to take over at Hull. Leicester have by far the better infrastructure' date=' Leicester is a nicer city than Hull (right in the middle of the country so doesn't take too long to get anywhere) and certainly has more potential.

Of course if Hull have a higher transfer kitty, and Pearson is offered more money than he could be tempted. I hope he doesn't leave :([/quote']

Agreed. Bigger ground, bigger club, safer financialy and less expectation.

I think Hull are in big debts apparantally, and after letting go of a few players i'm not too convinced they'll have the funds to sign anyone other than in a free transfer.

He's really got to stay at Leicester in my opinion.

Pearson's got to be mental to want to take over at Hull. Leicester have by far the better infrastructure' date=' Leicester is a nicer city than Hull (right in the middle of the country so doesn't take too long to get anywhere) and certainly has more potential.

[b']Of course if Hull have a[/b] higher transfer kitty, and Pearson is offered more money than he could be tempted. I hope he doesn't leave :(

Agreed, But i beleive hull are in slight money problems, so i wouldn't be 100% sure they have a higher transfer kitty than you,But they do have 1 or 2 assests they could sell on.

At leicester you have a good setup,Last thing u need is pearson leaving But then again ur an attractable club to get a decent replacement in if need be, Im predicting you to do well again this season;)

I should be doing the rounds in regards to away days this year. Theres a few places i refuse to go such as Crystal Palace. I was sat infront of an iron bar holding the stadium togeather and then our bus got lost in CROYDON on the way back.

Being from a place like derby, croydon was eye opening. lol

Guest Scout Maker

I should be doing the rounds in regards to away days this year. Theres a few places i refuse to go such as Crystal Palace. I was sat infront of an iron bar holding the stadium togeather and then our bus got lost in CROYDON on the way back.

Being from a place like derby' date=' croydon was eye opening. lol[/quote']

Oi! I live in Croydon! You were probably in East Croydon, that's pretty banged up.

If they work out - B0ro will be a forced to be reckoned with. Just a keeper - Westwood' date=' and they would be good.[/quote']

Yes, because Westwood, who wants to stay with Coventry, would love to move to the smog and murk of the North-east, to a club of a similar (if not slightly smaller) stature to the club he is currently contracted to, who play in the same league. :rolleyes:

Besides, he won't go; he hasn't played in the SPL. :P

Just a little rumour that Coventry have joined the hunt for Preston's Darren Carter. Reports say that 3 clubs have contacted him regarding a move (Reading being one) and Coventry are rumoured to be the 4th side about to contact the player.

Absolute toss, Coventry would do well to avoid him. Decent left peg but doesn't have enough upstairs to know what to do with it 9 times out of 10. Add in that he has almost no plus points physically and you're looking at a distinctly underwhelming footballer.

Yes' date=' because Westwood, who wants to stay with Coventry, would love to move to the smog and murk of the North-east, to a club of a similar (if not slightly smaller) stature to the club he is currently contracted to, who play in the same league. :rolleyes:

Besides, he won't go; he hasn't played in the SPL. :P[/quote']

Slightly smaller? Er right, okay. We are aiming to win the league next season, you are aiming to get to the play offs, at best. We have a lot more money for transfer fees and contracts, better facilities, better players, better coaching staff and a better stadium. The only thing you can possibly say for Coventry that comes to close us is the fact your stadium is only just smaller than ours. Westwood moving to us is a massive step up in his career, if it were to happen.

Guest Scout Maker

Another signing in the Coca Cola Championship for me to report, and Praise be to Jesus Hallelujah! It's a player signing FOR Palace! :)

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/tn/sport.cfm?id=22852&headline=Exclusive:%20Ipswich%20defender%20David%20Wright%20agrees%20Palace%20deal

May only be David Wright but according to Ipswich fans this guy was very good and it was a bad decision for Roy Keane to release him. I hope him coming doesen't mean Clyne is leaving, I hope that he is a replacement for Butterfield or Hill or he is coming to add depth.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/st-mirren/184320-burley-eyes-andy-dorman-for-palace/

Also linked with Andy Dorman, he's being chased by lots of other Championship teams aswell though. He plays for St Mirren and is out of contract and Burley knows alot of players in the Scottish League from his Scotland days. Dorman also made his debut for Wales recently.

More news for our strikers' date=' Mido wants to stay at the club and well, he is goalscorer in the PL. In the CCC he will be deadly. But because of this im guessing only 1 of Boyd or Hooper will be singing.[/quote']

Wages are worrying, and seeing as he wont be playing EPL football next season i'm sure he wont be prepared to earn 1k a week anymore.

Coventry have made Richard Keogh their 4th signing of the Summer. The 23-year-old defender joins for an undisclosed fee from Carlisle.

:D he was not championship standard when we got rid of him 2 years ago, looked good enough for league one but still wasn't all that when we was down there

but things mite have changed

he is so poor he was even linked to bristol r*vers

:D he was not championship standard when we got rid of him 2 years ago' date=' looked good enough for league one but still wasn't all that when we was down there

but things mite have changed

he is so poor he was even linked to bristol r*vers[/quote']

From what i've heard from Carlisle fans he was a great player on the pitch and a great person off it, so he would suit the Coventry set-up very well. I'd imagine he'd be our reserve defender behind Cranie at right-back and behind McPake and Wood in the middle, so as back-up i'm more than happy to give him a chance. He has to be better than Stephen Wright and Ben Turner anyway!! :P

Besides, the last player we signed on a permanent deal from Carlisle was a certain Keiren Westwood ;)

Besides' date=' the last player we signed on a permanent deal from Carlisle was a certain Keiren Westwood ;)[/quote']

Yes but Kieran Westwood was always a good keeper, far better than any other goalkeeper when Swansea were down in League 1 and there was never any doubt that he'd be a great keeper.

Not sure about Keogh, haven't heard much about him.

Chris Coleman & Iain Dowie must be the favourites to take over Leicester if Pearson has decided to leave.

From what i've heard from Carlisle fans he was a great player on the pitch and a great person off it' date='[/b'] so he would suit the Coventry set-up very well. I'd imagine he'd be our reserve defender behind Cranie at right-back and behind McPake and Wood in the middle, so as back-up i'm more than happy to give him a chance. He has to be better than Stephen Wright and Ben Turner anyway!! :P

Besides, the last player we signed on a permanent deal from Carlisle was a certain Keiren Westwood ;)

he was a great person off it because he was probably in the locals bars and clubs until the early hours buying the fans drinks :rolleyes: he was always on a bender around bristol

that was the final straw in his city career anyway, but he might of grown up now and learnt from his mistakes, well hopefully :)

Yes but Kieran Westwood was always a good keeper' date=' far better than any other goalkeeper when Swansea were down in League 1 and there was never any doubt that he'd be a great keeper.

Not sure about Keogh, haven't heard much about him.

Chris Coleman & [b']Iain Dowie[/b] must be the favourites to take over Leicester if Pearson has decided to leave.

Iain Dowie :D i wouldn't wish that on bristol r*vers

if he does get the manager job i will feel for leicester fans :(