Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric has failed to rule out a move for Swansea City boss Paulo Sousa.

Well he should do. Swansea's problem is a lack of goals and if he comes I can see us struggling to hit the back of the net.

Well he should do. Swansea's problem is a lack of goals and if he comes I can see us struggling to hit the back of the net.

That's not his fault' date=' well it is, but it wouldn't be a problem at Leicester.

When he first joined i was pleased, i thought he'd stamp his mark on the side and improve us. He didn't, he signed Jordi Lopez who was useless and then he basically signed all the players Martinez would have signed anyway (Cotterill, Taylor, Dyer)

I'm already over Martinez leaving, so Sousa leaving wouldn't bother me, they've just done exactly the same thing. Hopefully he leaves, and we get something knew like Coleman, like Mowbray or like Brendan Rodgers.

As for the lack of goals, it was partly Sousa's fault, he's needed to sign a goalscorer for a long time and hasn't. He played Pintado over Trundle & Beattie despite scoring 2 goals all season, so it was his fault in someways. But at Leicester you've got goalscorers at the club which he would play, but you might have to get used to seeing Kergoment play regularly (Very much like Pintado)

[center']Why do i want Sousa to leave? Because he doesn't want to be here, because he doesn't have his own ideas in terms of transfer signings (a lot left to the Chairman) & because he just doesn't show that he's got what it takes to be the Swansea boss and leaves a lot to the players.

My thoughts on replacements:

First Choice - Brendan Rodgers

Although not doing very well at Reading, i think he'd stamp his mark on the team and get the right players into the club (Jack Cork hopefully :o) and ofcourse bring in a goalscoring forward to score at least 10 goals a season. He's in my eyes the perfect man for the job, a british manager with new ideas but hopefully he'd stick to the teams assets in passing the ball around as that's what the players know how to do.

Second Choice - Chris Coleman

Like Rodgers, a man with new ideas. Once again, he'd have to use the teams skills to there advantage in passing the ball around but he does know how to get forwards scoring. He'd certainly stamp his mark on the team, and as a local boy he'd get a lot of support and have a lot of care for the club in the long term.

Third Choice - Tony Mowbray

Hasn't done well recentley, but he has shown that he can succeed in the championship. He passes the ball around, that's a possitive and he does know how to get forwards scoring goals. The only thing is, he's a little similar to the recent signings and i'm not sure if he'd stamp his mark on the team with Swansea's current budget and what there looking for. Too much like Sousa for me, no thanks.[/center]

Coleman getting strikers scoring????

09/10 Season:

Clinton Morrison-40(9)Apps-11Goals-0.22GoalsPerGame

Freddy Eastwood-23(16)Apps-8Goals-0.20GoalsPerGame

Leon Best-26(3)Apps-10Goals-0.34GoalsPerGame

Jon Stead-9(1)Apps-2Goals-0.20GoalsPerGame

08/09 Season:

Clinton Morrison-46(6)Apps-12Goals-0.23GoalsPerGame

Freddy Eastwood-43(9)Apps-4Goals-0.07GoalsPerGame

Leon Best-19(16)Apps-4Goals-0.11GoalsPerGame

Michael Mifsud-22(7)Apps-2Goals-0.07GoalsPerGame

Leon McKenzie-13(10)Apps-4Goals-0.17GoalsPerGame

Robbie Simpson-16(21)Apps-5Goals-0.14GoalsPerGame

Appauling scoring records for all strikers that have put on Sky Blue under Coleman the past 2 season, the one exception MAYBE being Leon Best who got 1 goal every 3 games before he was sold last season.

Coleman would be a bad choice to be honest. Runs out of ideas fast, has a terrible habit of playing people out of position and seems far too reluctant to make a game-changing substitution.

Coleman getting strikers scoring????

09/10 Season:

Clinton Morrison-40(9)Apps-11Goals-0.22GoalsPerGame

Freddy Eastwood-23(16)Apps-8Goals-0.20GoalsPerGame

Leon Best-26(3)Apps-10Goals-0.34GoalsPerGame

Jon Stead-9(1)Apps-2Goals-0.20GoalsPerGame

08/09 Season:

Clinton Morrison-46(6)Apps-12Goals-0.23GoalsPerGame

Freddy Eastwood-43(9)Apps-4Goals-0.07GoalsPerGame

Leon Best-19(16)Apps-4Goals-0.11GoalsPerGame

Michael Mifsud-22(7)Apps-2Goals-0.07GoalsPerGame

Leon McKenzie-13(10)Apps-4Goals-0.17GoalsPerGame

Robbie Simpson-16(21)Apps-5Goals-0.14GoalsPerGame

Appauling scoring records for all strikers that have put on Sky Blue under Coleman the past 2 season' date=' the one exception MAYBE being Leon Best who got 1 goal every 3 games before he was sold last season.

Coleman would be a bad choice to be honest. Runs out of ideas fast, has a terrible habit of playing people out of position and seems far too reluctant to make a game-changing substitution.[/quote']

That's 8 times what our strikers score in a season.

Coleman at Swansea, would be great, it's his dream job. Not the best choice, but better than Mowbray in my opinion.

That's 8 times what our strikers score in a season.

Coleman at Swansea' date=' would be great, it's his dream job. Not the best choice, but better than Mowbray in my opinion.[/quote']

I think it all comes down to what ambition you have. Coventry, just like Fulham did when he was in charge, would just sit up shop all game every game and except for little 5minute spells if we went behind, we were average at best.

Coleman is very much a consolodation manager, he never shows any ambition and i can only really see him being a success at another club if they are happy where they are and just want to stay there forever. He'd be perfect for a club like Wigan maybe, a side that just want to stay in the Premiership every year, but if Swansea want promotion i really don't see Coleman as being the man.

Wether it's his dream job or not, i seriously think your chairman should think twice before offering anything to him. I don't see him as a manager able to take a Championship side up i'm afraid.

We, well I do personally, have the ambition to get to the Premier League. If Sousa is as bad as you describe, swanseajack, then I hope he comes nowhere near Leicester!

Mowbray likes to play attacking, free flowing football but this often leaves the defence vulnerable. Well providing he kept hold of the quality defenders we have (Hobbs, Morrison, Berner, Bruce possibly) and King and Wellens in front of them then I can't see the defence going to pot. Wholesale changes aren't needed for us, a few tweaks here and there in the team, Pearson has left us in a good solid position.

We' date=' well I do personally, have the ambition to get to the Premier League. If Sousa is as bad as you describe, swanseajack, then I hope he comes nowhere near Leicester!

Mowbray likes to play attacking, free flowing football but this often leaves the defence vulnerable. Well providing he kept hold of the quality defenders we have (Hobbs, Morrison, Berner, Bruce possibly) and King and Wellens in front of them then I can't see the defence going to pot. Wholesale changes aren't needed for us, a few tweaks here and there in the team, Pearson has left us in a good solid position.[/quote']

Don't worry about the Swansea defence, no matter how you play it wont be vunerable. But Sousa does get pressurised by others ideas and gives in a lot, hope he leaves.

Definatly rather have Rodgers then Mowbary. Mind you, your defence might have been good under Pearson but that's no guarentee that they'll stay that way.

Swansea are close to signing Hugo Colace.

Why oh why, just focus on giving Orlandi a new contract. We don't need a new midfielder, just because we've lost Britton as we've got all the depth we need in midfield. We need a new striker, get one in now Sousa don't focus on midfielders. We've got a strong midfield and a strong defence, it's clear that our strike force is poor and yet we haven't brought him in.

Hmmm. Well I suppose it could be a lot worse. Would of preferred Mowbray myself but I'll back Sousa of course. Wonder what he'll do with Kermorgant, guaranteed a bad reception if he plays again for Leicester.

Can't believe Everton let him go' date=' he's farely good.

Another decent signing for the Canaries.[/quote']

He is not needed, might aswel get some cash for him and streghten other parts of the squad as we have just signed Jan Mucha who is meant to be a good player.

Hmmm. Well I suppose it could be a lot worse. Would of preferred Mowbray myself but I'll back Sousa of course. Wonder what he'll do with Kermorgant' date=' guaranteed a bad reception if he plays again for Leicester.[/quote']

He'll play Kergoment every week mate.

And Swansea supposedly have Tisdale as their target' date=' again.[/quote']

Please no. If we want to get promoted we need someone who's done it there before, like Mowbray or Rodgers at worst Coleman or Southgate, but not Tisdale.

He'll play Kergoment every week mate.

Oh that will be fun. Booed at ever touch (I wont because I'm not that kind of "fan"). Just needs a few goals early into the season and hopefully everything will be forgotten. Of course 1 wonder goal against Forest or Leeds will do the trick :D