Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

He'll play Kergoment every week mate.

Please no. If we want to get promoted we need someone who's done it there before' date=' like Mowbray or Rodgers at worst Coleman or Southgate, but not Tisdale.[/quote']

You'd really want someone as bad as Coleman over him?

I think it's almost certain that Tisdale will be considered. He was close to getting it last year but turned it down, and imo it's likely that he'll be offered it again. Your chairman is always going on about how he likes him, thinks he's done a great job with Exeter etc etc, and it sounds as though he's desperate to get him.

If he was offered it, then I'd be confident of him turning it down again.

He'll play Kergoment every week mate.QUOTE]

Oh that will be fun. Booed at ever touch (I wont because I'm not that kind of "fan"). Just needs a few goals early into the season and hopefully everything will be forgotten. Of course 1 wonder goal against Forest or Leeds will do the trick :D

No' date=' he wont score a goal if Sousa gets his wish, like he did with Pintado.

You'd really want someone as bad as Coleman over him?

I think it's almost certain that Tisdale will be considered. He was close to getting it last year but turned it down, and imo it's likely that he'll be offered it again. Your chairman is always going on about how he likes him, thinks he's done a great job with Exeter etc etc, and it sounds as though he's desperate to get him.

If he was offered it, then I'd be confident of him turning it down again.

Yes, Coleman has Championship experience, Tisdale - nothing. I'm sure he's a quality manager down in the lower leagues, but Swansea need someone who's done something in the Championship before. Coleman isn't an ideal choice, but one i'd prefer to Tisdale.

Southgate's the favourite now, hadn't heard of the link untill yesterday. Wouldn't mind him at all, done well with Boro in the Premiership before they got relegated with a lower than premiership quality squad.

The new names from today: Iain Dowie (NO!), Dennis Wise (NO!), Graeme Souness (NO!), Phil Brown (NO!)

Guest Scout Maker

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~2085415,00.html

Delighted with these! It will be interesting to see if Barett starts or if he will just be backup for Claude Davis. Dorman is a great signing, he's been capped for Wales and he has scored 18 goals in 88 games which isn't too bad for a team that just escaped relegation last season from the SPL, and he is a midfielder. At the beginning of the season this will hopefully be our team...

---------------------------------Speroni----------------------------------

----Clyne---------McCarthy ©----------Davis/Barett--------D.Wright------

---Lloyd Sam-------------Ambrose------------Danns-----------Dorman-----

----------------------Lee----------------------Morrision-------------------

Guest Scout Maker

Dorman's average. The likes of Joe Allen & Andy King have shown there better than him in line for the Wales squad.

It'll be difficult for him to make the setup to CCC mind' date=' but he should be a regular for Palace.[/quote']

Can he run at defenders? How many do you think he can score this season?

Also, I think all you are talking rubbish about Boyd.

You dont become leading all time scorer in the SPL for nothing?

You dont become one of Scotland's most important players for nothing?

It'll be exciting to see him link up with Mcdonald.

I think its the first time since we signed Hasselbaink and Viduka that we have 2 out and out goalscorers.

This time though, i think we have a better 2 goal scorers! More hope

A lower than average premiership squad?

Aidan' date=' who do you think established this lower than average premiership squad if that is the case?

He was there just over 3 seasons ;)[/quote']

Very good point Tom, very good point.

I'd hate for the squad to be ruined, it's gone from Lee Jenkins, Andrew Mumphord, Steve Watkins & Kieran Durkin to David Cotterill, Darren Pratley, Ashley Williams & Joe Allen in 7 years, and i don't want that to be undone.

The goalkeeper, defence and midfield needs to stay the same. That's perfect, no need to fix something that isn't broken. We just need a complete new strike force, axe all the current strikers (Bar Stephen Dobbie) & bring in two or three quality strikers.

& Scoutmaker, i'd say it depends on if Neil Danns is still at the club.

If he is, 6 goals

If he isn't, 9 goals

Just guesses, but if Danns leaves he'll be a straight replacement.

Also' date=' I think all you are talking rubbish about Boyd.

I think its the first time since we signed Hasselbaink and Viduka that we have 2 out and out goalscorers.

This time though, i think we have a better 2 goal scorers! More hope[/quote']

I think the fact that the best scorer in Scottish footballing history hasn't joined a Premier League club indicates just how poor the Scottish league is today. In days gone by, you'd often see the top Scottish players move to the top league in England, but now they are moving in far fewer numbers, and those who actually do move are joining Championship teams.

Having said that, I'm sure Boyd will score a fair few goals next season for Middlesbrough.

[b']You dont become one of Scotland's most important players for nothing?[/b]

This time though, i think we have a better 2 goal scorers! More hope

He was and never has been one of Scotland's most important players. McFadden and Miller play up front in a 4-4-1-1.

Boyd was like Van Nistlerooy Boyd a diving poacher and he can hit a free kick occanisly.

But i thank for taking away 2 of the worst Spl Forwards(Cheating , Diving) wise away and good luck with them. Boyd can be a very moody player but at least you can get these players.

Is Josh Maggneis any good as he has signed for Aberdeen

Yes Andy that is true what you are saying.

In the past, the likes of Mcdonald, Barry Robson, Charlie Adam, and Boyd would be joining the Black Burns or Evertons or Fulhams of this world.

But yes I think the SPL has down graded. Because of this, Prem sides dont want them, but promotion hopefuls from the Championship will find them a decent signing.

Remember - we have got a scottish manager who was at Celtic a fair few years. He knows how good these are. Im pretty sure that should Strachan be managing Bolton, or Wigan - he'd be signing the same calibre of players. He's worked with a majority of them!

Is Josh Maggneis any good as he has signed for Aberdeen

Haha, Cardiff have lost another reserve player.

Who are they going to play now, they have what four strikers and two of them certain to leave the club.

By the way he's a good young talent, and will do well at Aberdeen but far from a regular in the Championship. He just got the odd minutes of the bench before a big injury.

Yes Andy that is true what you are saying.

In the past' date=' the likes of Mcdonald, Barry Robson, Charlie Adam, and Boyd would be joining the Black Burns or Evertons or Fulhams of this world.[/quote']

Bigger than that even, Larsson went to Barca when he was on the top of his game.

Up untill a year or so ago, the likes of Craig Gordon was joining Sunderland. But now the top players are joining the best CCC teams, this will only downgrade bar your Josh Thompson or Danny Wilson. Eventually CCC clubs will rarely sign a SPL player, and a lot of League 1 clubs will benefit.

Don't worry about the Swansea defence' date=' no matter how you play it wont be vunerable. But Sousa does get pressurised by others ideas and gives in a lot, hope he leaves.

Definatly rather have Rodgers then Mowbary. Mind you, your defence might have been good under Pearson but that's no guarentee that they'll stay that way.[/quote']

Spot the contradiction...

He'll play Kergoment every week mate.

Oh that will be fun. Booed at ever touch (I wont because I'm not that kind of "fan"). Just needs a few goals early into the season and hopefully everything will be forgotten. Of course 1 wonder goal against Forest or Leeds will do the trick :D

Leeds don't concede wondergoals' date=' just from every single set-piece we are forced to defend and ridiculously sloppy goals. ;)

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10323~2085415,00.html

Delighted with these! It will be interesting to see if Barett starts or if he will just be backup for Claude Davis. Dorman is a great signing, he's been capped for Wales and he has scored 18 goals in 88 games which isn't too bad for a team that just escaped relegation last season from the SPL, and he is a midfielder. At the beginning of the season this will hopefully be our team...

---------------------------------Speroni----------------------------------

----Clyne---------McCarthy ©----------Davis/Barett--------D.Wright------

---Lloyd Sam-------------Ambrose------------Danns-----------Dorman-----

----------------------Lee----------------------Morrision-------------------

Lloyd Sam? Have I missed something? Last I saw five Championship clubs were chasing him, according to his agent at least, what makes you think he's going to pick Crystal Palace?

This time though, i think we have a better 2 goal scorers! More hope[/quote']

Scotland's most important players? He doesn't play for Scotland, and hasn't for ages since Burley dropped him one time.

SPL standard is about Championship to League 1 standard. So Boyd has a lot to prove. I think he's a good signing, but it's also a gamble, and he'll playing a higher standard of football against better teams than that in the SPL. The only real challenges he would have had would be in Europe and against Celtic, it's his record against those teams that's worth more notice than that against the poor SPL defenses. I've not a clue what that is, but it's that I'd be looking at.

In the past' date=' the likes of Mcdonald, Barry Robson, Charlie Adam, and Boyd would be joining the Black Burns or Evertons or Fulhams of this world.[/quote']

:D Black burns. Ouch.

Bigger than that even' date=' Larsson went to Barca when he was on the top of his game.

Up untill a year or so ago, the likes of Craig Gordon was joining Sunderland. But now the top players are joining the best CCC teams, this will only downgrade bar your Josh Thompson or Danny Wilson. Eventually CCC clubs will rarely sign a SPL player, and a lot of League 1 clubs will benefit.[/quote']

The League 1 clubs are already signing them. Arfield has just joined Huddersfield from Falkirk.

On the subject of the SPL, the standard's not going to improve when all the best youngsters are going to England before they hit their prime. McCarthy and Dorrans have already gone, Wilson and McArthur are on their way. Snodgrass is another, Adam was only 23. I can't see Fleck staying in Scotland for long.

Spot the contradiction...

Leeds don't concede wondergoals' date=' just from every single set-piece we are forced to defend and ridiculously sloppy goals. ;)

Lloyd Sam? Have I missed something? Last I saw five Championship clubs were chasing him, according to his agent at least, what makes you think he's going to pick Crystal Palace?

Scotland's most important players? He doesn't play for Scotland, and hasn't for ages since Burley dropped him one time.

SPL standard is about Championship to League 1 standard. So Boyd has a lot to prove. I think he's a good signing, but it's also a gamble, and he'll playing a higher standard of football against better teams than that in the SPL. The only real challenges he would have had would be in Europe and [b']against Celtic[/b], it's his record against those teams that's worth more notice than that against the poor SPL defenses. I've not a clue what that is, but it's that I'd be looking at.

:D Black burns. Ouch.

Boyd only thing he could never do was score against Celtic i think he scored 1 or 2 against them. In Europe he never really played well again

Guest Scout Maker

Lloyd Sam? Have I missed something? Last I saw five Championship clubs were chasing him' date=' according to his agent at least, what makes you think he's going to pick Crystal Palace?[/quote']

He lives in London already due to playing for Charlton and Burley has said this summer he will concentrate on getting Lloyd Sam and Andy Dorman. There were alot of Championship teams after Dorman yet he still chose us.

McDonald scores in the big games, Boyd against everyone else. What's the problem?

Seriously though I still do think Boyd will bang them in, don't forget he is still just 26 so there's almost certainly more still to come from him. I've seen a fair few Rangers games and then from watching some videos of him on Youtube although some of the defences are obviously poorer, a lot of his goals are actually quality finishes, insetad of bad defending. If he carries the same finishing here, it should easy enough for him to score. From all accouts he was becoming bored with Scottish football, namely playing the same sides 3/4 times a season and so the new opportunity to play against different teams and a better standard of teams I think will spur him on. Personally I think and hope both McDonald and Boyd will hit 15 next season, with Robson also adding in a fair few on the evidence of his time here. With negotiations for McManus at "an advanced stage" and a fee of around £1.9m being wanted and quite easily matched by us, current signs are good for transfers.

Preston looking strong after today' date=' Craig Morgan & Wayne Brown have both joined them.

There better than there current defence and Ferguson Jr is doing a decent job there. Matt James went back to PNE the other day aswell.[/quote']

Wayne Brown has left??? I have to check...

It's true! Have fun with him, and get used to shouting HOOF when he gets on the ball. Providing we keep Hobbs and Morrison and possibly Bruce then I'm happy :D

Brown isn't a major loss to be honest. Needs a fast CB next to him otherwise he WILL struggle.

You do begin to wonder about some managerial appointments. Last year there was a time when Paul Hart, Neil Warnock, Darren Ferguson and Alan Irvine all swapped jobs around and now its happening again with Nigel Pearson and Paulo Sousa. I'm guessing the next move is Phil Brown or Iain Dowie to Swansea.

I think the fact that the best scorer in Scottish footballing history hasn't joined a Premier League club indicates just how poor the Scottish league is today.

yup - larsson (who previously held that record) was a world class striker who would have gotten into just about any team (hence why he played for barca and man united in his mid 30s), boyd is basically a goalhanger.

who by the way scored once in old firm games and zero goals in the champions league (and 3 in europe in total in 20 games, all in the uefa cup against the giants of european football like auxerre, hapoel tel-aviv and livorno)

but he'll probably do ok in the CCC, and them giving him a 2 year deal makes me think he's signed for that divison only, but i dont see the point in signing him when macdonald is there

He lives in London already due to playing for Charlton and Burley has said this summer he will concentrate on getting Lloyd Sam and Andy Dorman. There were alot of Championship teams after Dorman yet he still chose us.

Yes, but he hasn't signed for you yet.

Guest Scout Maker

Yes' date=' but he hasn't signed for you yet.[/quote']

I said that this would hopefully be our team.