Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Our team is like "lol?".

I havn't been at the stage where I couldn't at least 10 players from our team in years.

Im out of date to the max' date=' been without the internet for too long and havn't got a clue about what is going on in football. Somebody help![/b']

Green had a cracking World Cup, did not concede once. England unfortunately went out again in the quarters losing 1-0 against eventual winners North Korea. Spain finaly had a decision go against them when Xavi hit the crossbar and went over the line but a ref from Paraguay did not see it. Holland had a gentle WC and did not get one caution.

Team football wise, Ronaldo has been fined 100 million euros for 7 years of not stop diving.

Our team is like "lol?".

I havn't been at the stage where I couldn't at least 10 players from our team in years.

Im out of date to the max' date=' been without the internet for too long and havn't got a clue about what is going on in football. Somebody help![/quote']

Im planning on going to Sheff Utd v Preston at Bramall Lane this season. It will be the second time Ive been there, hopefully they havent made the turnstiles narrower, they were a bit of a squeeze last time and Im of a Peter Crouch build.

Green had a cracking World Cup' date=' did not concede once. England unfortunately went out again in the quarters losing 1-0 against eventual winners North Korea. Spain finaly had a decision go against them when Xavi hit the crossbar and went over the line but a ref from Paraguay did not see it. Holland had a gentle WC and did not get one caution.

Team football wise, Ronaldo has been fined 100 million euros for 7 years of not stop diving.[/quote']

And ofcourse Chelsea's signing of the summer ... Robbie Savage in a swap deal for Kalou + 10 million.

Oh and Paul the Octopus is the new manager of Blackpool after Holloway took over Liverpool.

Wouldnt we all. lol.

Bywater made some excellent blocks and without him Birmingham could have been a few up but he has his moments of crazyness. I can remember him taking a throw in last season' date=' losing the ball and conceding. lol

Moxey should have stuck that one away no problem. It was harder to miss from there.

[b']Gradel interests me, ive not managed to watch him that much. Is he a consistant perfromer? How do you expect him to perform in the championship?[/b]

Hard to see. He struggled to get into the Leicester team last season after playing a big part in getting them promoted, but he's a year older now and he tore Van Damme to pieces today, so much so that Van Damme was subbed off before anyone else. Very pacey player but his final product has improved infinitely since his loan spell last season, and he ended one of our top scorers last season despite only joining in November. Very hard working player, he never seems to stop running and will always cause defenders problems. However he is a bit hot-headed and can get a bit sulky (reminds of Beckford a bit actually). On his day though, easily one of our best players. He's been very consistent whenever he's played actually, don't think he really had a bad game last season. I think he'll do very well this season, but he faces tough competition from Snoddy and Sam (although if Snoddy's injury is as bad as feared then Gradel and Sam will probably be regulars).

Hard to see. He struggled to get into the Leicester team last season after playing a big part in getting them promoted' date=' but he's a year older now and he tore Van Damme to pieces today, so much so that Van Damme was subbed off before anyone else. Very pacey player but his final product has improved infinitely since his loan spell last season, and he ended one of our top scorers last season despite only joining in November. Very hard working player, he never seems to stop running and will always cause defenders problems. However he is a bit hot-headed and can get a bit sulky (reminds of Beckford a bit actually). On his day though, easily one of our best players. He's been very consistent whenever he's played actually, don't think he really had a bad game last season. [b']I think he'll do very well this season, but he faces tough competition from Snoddy and Sam (although if Snoddy's injury is as bad as feared then Gradel and Sam will probably be regulars).[/b]

Although when Snodgrass comes back (whenever that may be) I expect him to play some part with or around Becchio, leaving Gradel and Sam on the wings. Do you know the formation Leeds used against Wolves btw?

Has anybody heard Ipswich away prices!

Up to 41.50 for a Category A game (Leeds' date=' Forest, Norwich) - what a rip off.[/quote']

kinell, i thought £45 for cat a games at anfield was bad

out of interest do the home fans pay that much too for said games?

kinell' date=' i thought £45 for cat a games at anfield was bad

out of interest do the home fans pay that much too for said games?[/quote']

I think it is the same category for the home fans too but prices may vary because of where the fans will be located in the stadium. If you haven't seen West Ham's prices for the home fans I suggest you check them out. Some cost more than the most expensive at Old Trafford and are not much cheaper than Stamford Bridge.

I think it is the same category for the home fans too but prices may vary because of where the fans will be located in the stadium. If you haven't seen West Ham's prices for the home fans I suggest you check them out. Some cost more than the most expensive at Old Trafford and are not much cheaper than Stamford Bridge.

just seen that - £69 for the chelsea game ffs!! having said that they are a london club, and i'm sure i remember qpr charging someone like derby fans £50 a few years ago for away tickets

I too can remember a hefty ticket price awarded to us from QPR. Needless to say i didnt go. lol.

He looks like a player who has the tools to become quality. You have done enough to persuade me to sign him for my cash strapped and quality depleted Derby County side.

kinell' date=' i thought £45 for cat a games at anfield was bad

out of interest do the home fans pay that much too for said games?[/quote']

I wouldnt say so, i think the home tickets have to stay the same, and ofcourse where you sit does affect it whilst the away fans sit in one area so it all costs the same.

But in Swansea's league 1 promotion season, i got an U16's season ticket for £46.

Although when Snodgrass comes back (whenever that may be) I expect him to play some part with or around Becchio' date=' leaving Gradel and Sam on the wings. Do you know the formation Leeds used against Wolves btw?[/quote']

Possibly, he did well there against Spurs last season.

As far as I can gather, we lined up like this:

Schmeichel

Connolly - Collins - Naylor - Bessone

Kilkenny

Howson - Johnson

Gradel - - - - - - - - Sam

Becchio

That's the same formation as against Hartlepool and Brann too, which worked brilliantly, so I suspect Grayson will use this next week as well due to our problems up front. Although Grayson and Bates did hint strongly that two new players should be arriving before Derby, and I would imagine one is a striker (and it sounded Bates was going to say Keogh before correcting himself and saying Bruce) so we may revert to our usual 4-4-2 with Becchio and a signing up top.

This formation is perfect for the players we have. Gradel fits it perfectly, cutting inside and then playing it across for Becchio, Sam, Howson or Johnson. It gives Johnson more of a free role, allowing him to play his preferred box-to-box role. The lack of a defensive mid is very worrying in a 4-4-2, but in this formation Kilkenny and Howson can both play that sort of role, although I would still prefer a defensive-minded player to hold that midfielder together. It also utilises Howson and Johnson's strengths, allowing them to get forward. If they can score 10+ goals this season then we don't need to replace Beckford.

Thom Kirwin also reckons Grella will be loaned out this season. Higgs might also start in goal, he's not conceded a single goal in pre-season and has looked very assured when playing, Schmeichel has still looked a little nervous and conceded four from Bury. I wouldn't be surprised if Grayson made Schmeichel work for his place in the team.

Guest Scout Maker

Ye' date=' Sheffield United have made some horror signings. Blackwell is off his trolley, he's done the worst buisness in the transfer market by a long way. The only decent signing was Britton, and he doesn't fit their style of play at all.[/quote']

Bogdanovic is a good signing, he's strong and can hold the ball up well and he's the type of goalscorer a team challenging for a Play-Off spot needs, he scored 16 goals in 45 games for Barnsley, that's the same amount of goals as Chopra and Ambrose.

Guest JackWWFC

just seen that - £69 for the chelsea game ffs!! having said that they are a london club' date=' and i'm sure i remember qpr charging someone like derby fans £50 a few years ago for away tickets[/quote']

It was quite expensive last year, then the train was hectic too, there was no atmosphere at Stamford Bridge either. Waste of money, and we got beat 4-1 I think :o

Hard to see. He struggled to get into the Leicester team last season after playing a big part in getting them promoted' date=' but he's a year older now and he tore Van Damme to pieces today, so much so that Van Damme was subbed off before anyone else. Very pacey player but his final product has improved infinitely since his loan spell last season, and he ended one of our top scorers last season despite only joining in November. Very hard working player, he never seems to stop running and will always cause defenders problems. However he is a bit hot-headed and can get a bit sulky (reminds of Beckford a bit actually). On his day though, easily one of our best players. He's been very consistent whenever he's played actually, don't think he really had a bad game last season. I think he'll do very well this season, but he faces tough competition from Snoddy and Sam (although if Snoddy's injury is as bad as feared then Gradel and Sam will probably be regulars).[/quote']

You will have to take that performance with a pinch of salt Seft, Van Damme wasn't match fit at all, not sure why MM played him to be honest. We bought Ward on who is probably our worst Left Back (HE IS A STRIKER FFS) and then the rest was history. Gradel did look good today, but Jelle wasn't fit at all. Hennessey was his usual self - ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcAztxMmH0&feature=player_embedded

I reckon Leeds might to well this season, looks like a pretty strong team.

Guest JackWWFC

Loving that headed clearance for the first goal. :D

Oh lord I know, sometimes we defend shocking, oh well, it's pre-season...

THE TITLE IS OURS :D Beware Man U and Chelsea!

I wouldnt say so' date=' i think the home tickets have to stay the same, and ofcourse where you sit does affect it whilst the away fans sit in one area so it all costs the same.

But in Swansea's league 1 promotion season, i got an U16's season ticket for £46.[/quote']

Sheffield Wednesday charged Newcastle fans £5 more than home fans sitting in the same price range seats and they had to refund it so I think the prices have to be the same.

Guest JackWWFC

Any Peterborough fans here? If so tell me how Natty Mendez-Laing will be doing on Loan there, he's a real good player, should do well in the Champo.

Sky Sources: Ipswich agree fee with Sunderland for Marton Fulop.

If they get him, I think he will be a great signing, he did well, better than I expected at City last season and although he hasn't always been great at Sunderland he has had some good games and made a few good saves. I wouldn't have minded City signing him permanently but I don't think he would have been happy with 3rd choice. I would expect him to do very well in the Championship.

Sky Sources: Ipswich agree fee with Sunderland for Marton Fulop.

If they get him' date=' I think he will be a great signing, he did well, better than I expected at City last season and although he hasn't always been great at Sunderland he has had some good games and made a few good saves. I wouldn't have minded City signing him permanently but I don't think he would have been happy with 3rd choice. I would expect him to do very well in the Championship.[/quote']

I think this is the worst signing of the Championship so far. Ipswich already have three goalkeepers who are good at Championship level, they don't need another goalkeeper.

It's a waste of money. Probably on more wages then David James aswell.

I think this is the worst signing of the Championship so far. Ipswich already have three goalkeepers who are good at Championship level' date=' they don't need another goalkeeper.

It's a waste of money. Probably on more wages then David James aswell.[/quote']

Well maybe Keane thinks those goalkeepers aren't good enough and Fulop is better. Although personally I do think they should have kept Wright, he is a big loss. I'd say Fulop was probably as good as any of the goalkeepers Ipswich currently have if not better.

You will have to take that performance with a pinch of salt Seft' date=' Van Damme wasn't match fit at all, not sure why MM played him to be honest. We bought Ward on who is probably our worst Left Back (HE IS A STRIKER FFS) and then the rest was history. Gradel did look good today, but Jelle wasn't fit at all. Hennessey was his usual self - ****.

[url']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcAztxMmH0&feature=player_embedded[/url]

I reckon Leeds might to well this season, looks like a pretty strong team.

Oh christ, it's a pre-season friendly, it means very little. Match fit or not, Gradel has only played in about three matches this pre-season so he's hardly ahead in terms of match fitness. Fact of the matter is, Van Damme couldn't deal with him. I'd be very worried if I were a Wolves fan about our new signing getting torn about by a young Championship winger.

Loving that headed clearance for the first goal. :D

If you listen closely, you can just hear Thom Kirwin shouting "Gradel!". :D

I can't see Gradel getting a better goal than that all season tbh.