Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

Sorry to dissapoint' date=' he's 20 - almost 21.

I think he'll push Haynes for a regular place in the starting line-up, better then Ched Evans so he's not far off a place in the Wales side either.

[b']I doubt he'll score more then 5 or 6 goals this season though for a side like Bristol City[/b].

and what is that meant to mean??? :confused:

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Davies wants 5 or more players apparently.

whose everybodys bet for top goalscorer this season?

Id stick a quid on steve morison. Decent goal scoring record for Millwall and if they do well he could be a contender.

Smart money would have to go on Boyd though, i hope he brings his form down to England as i like him. TBH i thought he could have managed it at premier league level.

Id stick a quid on steve morison. Decent goal scoring record for Millwall and if they do well he could be a contender.

Smart money would have to go on Boyd though' date=' i hope he brings his form down to England as i like him. TBH i thought he could have managed it at premier league level.[/quote']

1 name.

Lukas Jutkiewicz.

I think he'll push Haynes for a regular place in the starting line-up, better then Ched Evans so he's not far off a place in the Wales side either.

[b']I doubt he'll score more then 5 or 6 goals this season though for a side like Bristol City[/b].

Clueless twit, Please explain the piece in bold:confused::confused:

Please tell me i'm seeing this right' date=' 13 players for Pompey?? I thought they had about 17....[/quote']

Yes, you are seeing right. They may get special dispensation from the Football League to break their transfer embargo to sign Jamie Ashdown, but they only have 13 players for tomorrow's game. And John Utaka is currently mulling over a move to Rangers or Blackburn, and K-P Boateng wants to go to Genoa, but they have received a higher offer from Lazio, which the club would obviously like to accept the highest bid, but Boateng has his heart set on Genoa. So it's strictly 11, but theres nothing stopping K-P and Utaka playing. Id imagine Portsmouth will be starting 3-4-3, as thats all the players they have.

Yes' date=' you are seeing right. They may get special dispensation from the Football League to break their transfer embargo to sign Jamie Ashdown, but they only have 13 players for tomorrow's game. And John Utaka is currently mulling over a move to Rangers or Blackburn, and K-P Boateng wants to go to Genoa, but they have received a higher offer from Lazio, which the club would obviously like to accept the highest bid, but Boateng has his heart set on Genoa. So it's strictly 11, but theres nothing stopping K-P and Utaka playing. Id imagine Portsmouth will be starting 3-4-3, as thats all the players they have.[/quote']

Just hope those skates don't throw a good performance at Cov tomorrow, going to it.. :o

Just hope those skates don't throw a good performance at Cov tomorrow' date=' going to it.. :o[/quote']

Portsmouth have good players, Boateng, Wilson, Utaka and Mokoena are EPL quality, Nugent, Smith, Brown and Sonko should do the job at Championship level, but the point is, Boateng and Utaka will be on EPL wages, and Wilson Im sure will attract interest from the likes of maybe Fulham, who can promise higher wages. I think you can afford to be optimistic.

Clueless twit' date=' Please explain the piece in bold:confused::confused:[/quote']

When he was at Wolves he scored a fair few goals, but he was at Wolves - like Iwelumo, Ebanks-Blake, Vokes & Keogh all scored bundles of goals, they ran away with the league by miles. Now at Bristol City i don't think he'll score more then 5 or 6, he's got the potential to score goals but in 5 months you've got to be a very good player to score more then that.

Guest Scout Maker

Smart money would have to go on Boyd though' date=' i hope he brings his form down to England as i like him. TBH i thought he could have managed it at premier league level.[/quote']

Alan Lee ;):P

Matty Fryatt :D

nicky maynard of course!!! ;)

Danny Mayor :D

Oh, and DJ Campbell obviously ;)

Guest JackWWFC

When he was at Wolves he scored a fair few goals' date=' but he was at Wolves - like Iwelumo, Ebanks-Blake, Vokes & Keogh all scored bundles of goals, they ran away with the league by miles. Now at Bristol City i don't think he'll score more then 5 or 6, he's got the potential to score goals but in 5 months you've got to be a very good player to score more then that.[/quote']

Mhm, I forgot about the 5 months bit.

Over a whole season then it will be about 10-15 goals, 5 months probably about 6 ish.

By the way, Keogh never scored that many goals, he was more of a play maker, he ran a lot.

Guest JackWWFC

I doubt he'll score more then 5 or 6 goals this season though for a side like Bristol City.[/quote']

Bloody hell, he's growing up fast :o Nearly 21, dayum.

He should be first team at Bristol, he played a few times in the Prem and played quite well, he just needs first team experience . I would loan Blakey out to a champo team in January if he doesn't pick up his form, but hey he is a natural goalscorer, something was wrong with him last year :D Vokes plays for wales anyway, Already has like 15 caps or something.

Bloody hell' date=' he's growing up fast :o Nearly 21, dayum.

He should be first team at Bristol, he played a few times in the Prem and played quite well, he just needs first team experience . I would loan Blakey out to a champo team in January if he doesn't pick up his form, but hey he is a natural goalscorer, something was wrong with him last year :D Vokes plays for wales anyway, Already has like 15 caps or something.[/quote']

Sam Vokes: 16 Caps, 2 Goals

Compare that to the other Welsh strikers:

Jermaine Easter: 8 Caps, 0 Goals

Freddy Eastwood: 10 Caps, 4 Goals

Ched Evans: 12 Caps, 2 Goals

Simon Church: 8 Caps, 1 Goal

Craig Bellamy: 58 Caps, 17 Goals

Not bad compared to the others, he will be a good player but i'd give say two seasons before he can start being as clinical as he's capable of.

Guest JackWWFC

Sam Vokes: 16 Caps' date=' 2 Goals

Compare that to the other Welsh strikers:

Jermaine Easter: 8 Caps, 0 Goals

Freddy Eastwood: 10 Caps, 4 Goals

Ched Evans: 12 Caps, 2 Goals

Simon Church: 8 Caps, 1 Goal

Craig Bellamy: 58 Caps, 17 Goals

Not bad compared to the others, he will be a good player but i'd give say two seasons before he can start being as clinical as he's capable of.[/quote']

Can't belive Eastwood has 10 Caps, he was one of the worst strikers I've seen in a Wolves shirt, comparable to Ade Akinbiyi when he was about to leave. Saying that his debut was one of the best, I can only think of 2 that were better, Adlene Guedioura (Still plays with us) and the mighty Robbie Keane when he debutised against Norwich about 10 years ago.

Not too shabby, I agree with you, another couple of years and he should be pushing Doyle or Fletcher.

Wish him all the best in the 'Fizzy Pop' league, or Electric leage now xD

Nicky Maynard!!;)

there are plenty of other contenders, Boyd will be interesting to see how he actually does in the championship IMO a totally diff league than the SPL bar 3-4 teams maybe.

Another contender for me would be Billy Sharp he's at a very good side in doncaster who play some good stuff on their day.

Please tell me i'm seeing this right' date=' 13 players for Pompey?? I thought they had about 17....

[url']http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/squad/first-team.aspx[/url]

I see they have Jamie Ashdown on the player profiles page again now so they're up to 14 players.

I don't know wether to be really optimistic as a Coventry fan 2moro or very worried. We all saw what Pompey did with their backs to the wall in the FA Cup last season.

Either way, it will just be great to be back at the Ricoh for a league game (however i'd really like a win) :D