Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

I thought Derby were more dangerous over the 90 minutes. Commons' date=' Cwyka and Green were quick on the break but Leeds struggled to create clear chances. I think it was a penalty because Sam made contact with the player before getting his foot to the ball.[/quote']

WHAT!?!?! It isn't even up for argument! It was a definate penalty!!! Cwyka got a touch on the ball to knock it away and Sam got naff all on the ball!! Definatly a penalty!

As for the 3 you have mentioned Liam, I'm not surprised at all that they caused problems. All 3 of them on they're day can take apart any team. Commons is one of the top talents in the league, Cwyka could well be a surprise package, and Green made some very good runs through the middle.

But lets not get carried away, eh? :o

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Just got back from the Ricoh, one of the best games i've been to tbh. Got the crowd going with an airhorn and its on my phonee :D got the programme signed by pretty much the whole team too and got a few pics, with Eastwood, Westwood, Baker, Carsley.. :D atmosphere was amazing, that Mr Portsmouth was there but police wouldn't let us go through cause we wanted a picture with him but they wouldn't let us through :(

Great game tbf.. and to top it off, leicester LOST! :D

WHAT!?!?! It isn't even up for argument! It was a definate penalty!!! Cwyka got a touch on the ball to knock it away and Sam got naff all on the ball!! Definatly a penalty!

As for the 3 you have mentioned Liam' date=' I'm not surprised at all that they caused problems. All 3 of them on they're day can take apart any team. Commons is one of the top talents in the league, Cwyka could well be a surprise package, and Green made some very good runs through the middle.

But lets not get carried away, eh? :o[/quote']

Well some people don't think it was a penalty so I can give my opinion on it. I agree with you about it being the right decision. It could be a better season than last if the new signings can keep it up. Brayford was good at right back.

Gutted, Swansea lost 2-0 to Hull.

It'll take a lot to beat Bostock for goal of the season, didn't listen to the game as i had to play football but i got told we had the better of the game but Hull hit us on the counter attack twice.

Don't remember us not loosing the first game of the season when we've been away, i'm on holiday now so i'm going to have to wait for Burnley at home - 28th August to watch my first game. But i think we've got a chance of a win against Preston, we could easily beat Norwich away after how they played against Watford & by the end of the window we could have a good chance against Burnley with somebody joining for around £1,000,000. Might not be Sinclair but someone will join.

As for the 3 you have mentioned Liam' date=' I'm not surprised at all that they caused problems. All 3 of them on they're day can take apart any team. Commons is one of the top talents in the league, Cwyka could well be a surprise package, and Green made some very good runs through the middle.

But lets not get carried away, eh? :o[/quote']

laughing.gif

Take off the specs.

Guest Scout Maker

Crystal Palace 3 - 2 Leicester :):D

We always have to get it done the hard way!

Absolutely delighted! Zaha and Cadogan had fantastic games, they are definitely ones for the future! Alan Lee is the Man of the Match by far, our attacking force was built around him. Zaha took his goal very well, Ambrose's goal was a typical Ambrose goal, a 20 yard shot into the bottom corner and Alan Lee scored a trademark tap-in after some fantastic work by Cadogan. Calvin Andrew was terrible, he can't run and he didn't win anything in the air. Claude Davis was to blame for their second goal, it was a bouncing ball, he went to go and head it away, it bounced over his head and Fryatt crossed to DJ Campbell who tapped it in.

It's quite funny as you would expect Leicester to play the passing game and us hoof-ball but it was the complete opposite today, Garvan and Dorman were great in Midfield.

Here are my Match Ratings...

Speroni 7 - I was too far away from the goals to see who was at fault, but he did well, despite poor distribution.

Clyne 6.5 - Did not look at all interested, but solid.

McCarthy 8 - Amazing. Great tackles, brave defending.

Davis 6 - Liability. Made mistakes, but did a few decent last ditch tackles.

Bennet 7 - Solid, made a few mistakes but I would blame those on the wet conditions.

Cadogan 8 - Looked really up for it, quick, skillful, decent end product.

Garvan 8.5 - Broke up play well, picked some great passes and had a decent shot in the first half.

Dorman 7.5 - Could be unsung hero this year, people saying he didn't do much but I thought he did fantastically well, spraying passes about and some cheeky through balls.

Ambrose 7 - Great goal, some good runs. Average free kicks,very quiet second half.

Zaha 9 - Brilliant goal, good all round game. Does one too many tricks sometimes and I imagine had we not been 3-0 up at the time, some fans would have started to get on his back because of this.

Lee 10 - ♥ Fell apart when he left.

N'diaye 4

Djilali 5

Andrew 3 (to be fair these three didn't have an awful lot of time, but they didn't do much)

Crystal Palace 3 - 2 Leicester :):D

We always have to get it done the hard way!

Absolutely delighted! Zaha and Cadogan had fantastic games' date=' they are definitely ones for the future! Alan Lee is the Man of the Match by far, our attacking force was built around him. Zaha took his goal very well, Ambrose's goal was a typical Ambrose goal, a 20 yard shot into the bottom corner and Alan Lee scored a trademark tap-in after some fantastic work by Cadogan. Calvin Andrew was terrible, he can't run and he didn't win anything in the air. Claude Davis was to blame for their second goal, it was a bouncing ball, he went to go and head it away, it bounced over his head and Fryatt crossed to DJ Campbell who tapped it in.

[b']It's quite funny as you would expect Leicester to play the passing game and us hoof-ball but it was the complete opposite today, Garvan and Dorman were great in Midfield.

[/b]

Here are my Match Ratings...

Speroni 7 - I was too far away from the goals to see who was at fault, but he did well, despite poor distribution.

Clyne 6.5 - Did not look at all interested, but solid.

McCarthy 8 - Amazing. Great tackles, brave defending.

Davis 6 - Liability. Made mistakes, but did a few decent last ditch tackles.

Bennet 7 - Solid, made a few mistakes but I would blame those on the wet conditions.

Cadogan 8 - Looked really up for it, quick, skillful, decent end product.

Garvan 8.5 - Broke up play well, picked some great passes and had a decent shot in the first half.

Dorman 7.5 - Could be unsung hero this year, people saying he didn't do much but I thought he did fantastically well, spraying passes about and some cheeky through balls.

Ambrose 7 - Great goal, some good runs. Average free kicks,very quiet second half.

Zaha 9 - Brilliant goal, good all round game. Does one too many tricks sometimes and I imagine had we not been 3-0 up at the time, some fans would have started to get on his back because of this.

Lee 10 - ♥ Fell apart when he left.

N'diaye 4

Djilali 5

Andrew 3 (to be fair these three didn't have an awful lot of time, but they didn't do much)

That does not surprise me at all either. Burley has always liked to play proper football. You could be in for a very entertaining season with him. He likes to play properly. As for Leicester, I am very surprised that they were playing hoofball, I thought Sousa would of made them into world beaters because hes a top manager.

Long way to go though hey!

Guest Scout Maker

That does not surprise me at all either. Burley has always liked to play proper football. You could be in for a very entertaining season with him. He likes to play properly. As for Leicester' date=' I am very surprised that they were playing hoofball, I thought Sousa would of made them into world beaters because hes a top manager.

Long way to go though hey![/quote']

Too be honest, I'd rather us play Hoof Ball all season and get promoted rather than us play entertaining football and finish Mid-Table, hopefully we can do both :P

Too be honest' date=' I'd rather us play Hoof Ball all season and get promoted rather than us play entertaining football and finish Mid-Table, hopefully we can do both :P[/quote']

What, get promoted and finish mid-table?

Good luck.

Hmm... they set fire to the Millwall coach ?

Apparently so. :(

Too be honest' date=' I'd rather us play Hoof Ball all season and get promoted rather than us play entertaining football and finish Mid-Table, hopefully we can do both :P[/quote']

I, as a Leeds fan just wanna stay up in our first season, but I'd like to see Palace go up for some odd reason...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/129185-trouble-in-cumberlan-basin/

Sounds bad' date=' apparently someone died. :([/quote']

Sounds bad. But not sure its true. I hope its not, but if it is wouldn't it have been reported on by now by BBC or Sky? If this had happened after the game it would be all over the news by now. Awful if someone's made this up, but even worse if its happened, and if it has my thoughts are with the family and friends of all.