Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Guest Scout Maker

I' date=' as a Leeds fan just wanna stay up in our first season, but I'd like to see Palace go up for some odd reason...[/quote']
What' date=' get promoted and finish mid-table?

Good luck.

[/quote']

Being Palace, some sort of rubbish like that could happen to us...:rolleyes:

But seriously no, I meant Play entertaining football and get Promoted ;)

Too be honest' date=' I'd rather us play Hoof Ball all season and get promoted rather than us play entertaining football and finish Mid-Table, hopefully we can do both :P[/quote']

You won 1 game at the start of the season. You won by 1 goal. I think you need to be brought back to earth to be honest, all this talk of you getting promoted, fighting relegation in the Champions League and playing Barcelona-esque football is kind of ridiculous and making my head hurt :rolleyes:

You won 1 game at the start of the season. You won by 1 goal. I think you need to be brought back to earth to be honest' date=' all this talk of you getting promoted, fighting relegation in the Champions League and playing Barcelona-esque football is kind of ridiculous and making my head hurt :rolleyes:[/quote']

Don't you think Leicester fans need to be bought back down to earth? I live in Leicester and your fans rate you so highly and to be quite honest, 3-0 down against any team at half time no matter what the full time result is is a disgrace!

Was quite surprised to hear Leeds lost. It will be interesting to see how they respond to this, and if they bounce back. Or, whether they aren't as good as they seem and will be fighting relegation this season and nothing more. Home games against Derby are really the sort you've gotta be winning, or at least taking a point from. Personally I think they'll be fine and they'll still have a decent season, and quite often teams can get off to shaky starts. Grayson's a good manager and he will help the team move on from this dissapointment.

As for Millwall, looks like they could very well prove me wrong. I seriously never ever saw a 3-0 coming. Maybe they are better than I give them credit for.

The Boro result doesn't surprise me a great deal, those new players could well need time to adapt to Strachan's tactics and maybe it won't be until November time until we see Boro really begin to hit top gear. They will hit top gear though, at one stage, I'm sure, it will just take time.

Guest Scout Maker

You won 1 game at the start of the season. You won by 1 goal. I think you need to be brought back to earth to be honest' date=' all this talk of you getting promoted, fighting relegation in the Champions League and playing Barcelona-esque football is kind of ridiculous and making my head hurt :rolleyes:[/quote']

I think you will find if you see some more of my posts...

I like to Joke ;)

Don't you think Leicester fans need to be bought back down to earth? I live in Leicester and your fans rate you so highly and to be quite honest' date=' 3-0 down against any team at half time no matter what the full time result is is a disgrace![/quote']

What else do you expect after getting relegated to League 1, winning it by a country mile, then finishing 5th in the Championship? Palace won 1 game on the opening day of the season and suddenly their fans (Scout Maker anyway) are dreaming of a return to the Premier League.

Guest Scout Maker

What else do you expect after getting relegated to League 1' date=' winning it by a country mile, then finishing 5th in the Championship? Palace won 1 game on the opening day of the season and suddenly their fans (Scout Maker anyway) are dreaming of a return to the Premier League.[/quote']

Are you for real?

I thought it was obvious that I was joking by putting :D and :P at the end of my posts.

If you think I was serious by comparing us to Barcelona then sir, I think you need to get your brain checked. ;)

Right I have had phone call to clarify the actual story:

The coach did encounter city fans by the Cumberland Basin.

It was not set alight or torched.

Windows on the coach were smashed and some fighting resulted around it.

One City fan was treated in hospital for a minor head injury.

The coach then proceeded on its way back to London, it was stopped at Leigh Delimere services by the Police, names and addresses checked and then were sent on their way.

Sounds like the rumours were all false then. Thank god.

There were people claiming that one fan got hit on the head multiple times by a fire extinguisher which resulted in him dieing. Looks like that is false.

Are you for real?

I thought it was obvious that I was joking by putting :D and :P at the end of my posts.

If you think I was serious by comparing us to Barcelona then sir' date=' I think you need to get your brain checked. ;)[/quote']

Optimism is a wonderful thing.

Was quite surprised to hear Leeds lost. It will be interesting to see how they respond to this' date=' and if they bounce back. Or, whether they aren't as good as they seem and will be fighting relegation this season and nothing more. Home games against Derby are really the sort you've gotta be winning, or at least taking a point from. Personally I think they'll be fine and they'll still have a decent season, and quite often teams can get off to shaky starts. [b']Grayson's a good manager [/b]and he will help the team move on from this dissapointment.

As for Millwall, looks like they could very well prove me wrong. I seriously never ever saw a 3-0 coming. Maybe they are better than I give them credit for.

The Boro result doesn't surprise me a great deal, those new players could well need time to adapt to Strachan's tactics and maybe it won't be until November time until we see Boro really begin to hit top gear. They will hit top gear though, at one stage, I'm sure, it will just take time.

Graysons a good manager, but Bates is a tight little... chairman :(

Hmm... they set fire to the Millwall coach ?
http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/129185-trouble-in-cumberlan-basin/

Sounds bad' date=' apparently someone died. :([/quote']

Hope the news said above isn't true. Bet the fan was innocent too.

i don't think no-one did die, it would of been all over the local news by now

im still trying to find out the facts, i will keep you updated when i find out more.

Are you for real?

If you think I was serious by comparing us to Barcelona then sir' date=' I think you need to get your brain checked. ;)[/quote']

But you put them at the end of every post, thought they were just part of your signature. ;)

It was just the way you were going, talking about this victory like it was the WC Final, thought I'd make the Barca comparison before you did :D

Graysons a good manager' date=' but Bates is a tight little... chairman :([/quote']

Surely you can't blame him for being careful. Especially considering whats happened to Leeds in the past. Maybe once you've survived in the Championship for a season or two then maybe Bates will look at allowing you to spend a bit more money in order to get a squad that can challenge for promotion. He can't be that bad anyway, the players you already have are decent.

Was quite surprised to hear Leeds lost. It will be interesting to see how they respond to this' date=' and if they bounce back. [b']Or, whether they aren't as good as they seem [/b]and will be fighting relegation this season and nothing more.

:confused:

How good do we seem? This was our first game, our first chance to see how good we are. I don't know how good you think we "seem"? Based on what? Pre-season? Last season?

Home games against Derby are really the sort you've gotta be winning' date=' or at least taking a point from. Personally I think they'll be fine and they'll still have a decent season, and quite often teams can get off to shaky starts. Grayson's a good manager and he will help the team move on from this dissapointment.[/quote']

Bit disrespectful to Derby that. In our defense, we were missing three key players (and that's not including Paynter), have a brand new defense and several new signings, and for a good few players, playing at a new level. It will take a few games before we start playing like we can. There's plenty of room for improvement.

Also our 4-5-1 formation has done very well against 4-4-2's in pre-season, dominating the midfield. But against Derby's 4-2-3-1/4-3-2-1 the players in the "hole" were getting too much free time and causing us too many problems. Grayson didn't rectify this and as a result Commons and Green caused us problems all day.

As for Millwall' date=' looks like they could very well prove me wrong. I seriously never ever saw a 3-0 coming. Maybe they are better than I give them credit for. [/quote']

Can't read too much into this. Not only is it the first game of a 46 game season, but Bristol City have a huge injury crisis.

Guest Scout Maker

But you put them at the end of every post' date=' thought they were just part of your signature. ;)

It was just the way you were going, talking about this victory like it was the WC Final, thought I'd make the Barca comparison before you did :D[/quote']

Sorry, my post was a little over the top at you there.

Nah, I don't have one of those ;)

Sorry but to beat a team like Leicester who are a great team and with their attacking talent should be setting themselves a target of the Play-Offs is fantastic, especially for Palace as a few weeks ago we didn't know if we would even have a team this season.

Surely you can't blame him for being careful. Especially considering whats happened to Leeds in the past. Maybe once you've survived in the Championship for a season or two then maybe Bates will look at allowing you to spend a bit more money in order to get a squad that can challenge for promotion. He can't be that bad anyway' date=' the players you already have are decent.[/quote']

No, but he can be blamed for managing to sell off our best young talent for free, whilst the millions of pounds generated last season goes missing on plans for a hotel that will drag this club back into debt.

The sooner that cancer leaves this club, the better.

:confused:

How good do we seem? This was our first game' date=' our first chance to see how good we are. I don't know how good you think we "seem"? Based on what? Pre-season? Last season?[/quote']

"Seem" is on paper. If you were to look at that squad on paper and also what they've done in recent seasons, then surely they would be considered a side better than just staying in the NPC.

Bit disrespectful to Derby that. In our defense, we were missing three key players (and that's not including Paynter), have a brand new defense and several new signings, and for a good few players, playing at a new level. It will take a few games before we start playing like we can. There's plenty of room for improvement.

All right, maybe it was. But didn't you look at the fixture list and view Derby at home as a game you should really be looking at to take points from. And to be honest, that part of your post is almost spot on. Maybe I should have considered that before I made that post :o:( .

Can't read too much into this. Not only is it the first game of a 46 game season, but Bristol City have a huge injury crisis.

While I see your point, but to go away to Bristol City and not just win, but win in such excellent fashion, must surely suggest something about their squad and their manager. I didn't see too many sides doing that last season.

Sorry' date=' my post was a little over the top at you there.

Nah, I don't have one of those ;)

Sorry but to beat a team like Leicester who are a great team and with their attacking talent should be setting themselves a target of the Play-Offs is fantastic, especially for Palace as a few weeks ago we didn't know if we would even have a team this season.[/quote']

Ahaha I didn't take it personally :D

I feared at 3-0 that it was gunna become quite embarassing, but managed to save some dignity by the end. Plus, no Moreno, Victor, Gallagher, Crncic, shocking defending and a lack of physical fitness was always going to end up as a defeat.