Josh Magennis - 18 year old, Future Riser!

Josh Magennis

JOSH-MAGENNIS_w.jpg

Name: Josh Magennis

Club: Cardiff City

Born: Northern Ireland

Position: Striker

on SM Database - 72 Rating, Sign Him up!

Josh Magennis is currently 18 years old and is a striker for Cardiff City. He actually he played his first game in his senior career last night against Chasetown when he came on as a substitute at half time. He looked like a really big and strong striker, he earned his goal last night to make Cardiff go 3-0 up.

In Josh's youth career he played for both Lisburn Distillery and Glentoran but eventually moved over to South Wales to play for Cardiff. Josh has now been trying to get his chance to play since 2007 for Cardiff but wasn't given it. Against Chasetown though he looked good and He may be one to look out for in the future, I hope Dave Jones plays him a-bit more through out the season.

Josh actually started his career as a goalkeeper, and when Cardiff were missing 2 keepers for a game against Liverpool in October 2007 he was called up to the bench for the first time. Although he didn't play he actually stated:"It was an unbelievable experience from start to finish, and hopefully I can play in the first team in the future."

In April 2008 Magennis decided he would become a striker instead of playing in goal, he wanted to score goals instead of save them.

Magennis's uncle Mark plays for Northern Irish side Bangor.

Re: Josh Magennis - 18 year old striker - One to look out for

thank you for the rep' date=' Personally I think when he gets put on he will have a 65-70 rating I would be surprised if SM did a higher rating than that. I think that would be a fair rating for the time being.[/quote']

hm.....65 - 70.would mean he is cheap :eek:.nice. anyway,young players are good,but do you have vids on him,would watch it and see if he really is that good or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, just a quick update.

Cardiff had a tour in Portugal last week, Magennis featured for 15 minutes in the Match between Cardiff and President X1, he came on as a substitute.

Cardiff have a game against Spanish giants Valencia this Saturday. He may feature depending or not Jones picks him.

Feel free to comment,

Chazza

Cardiff played Valencia today, the final score was 2-0 to the Spanish giants.

Josh Magennis was named on the bench but did not feature in any of the match.

Hopefully he may be on the bench for our first match of the season against Shorpe and maybe come on as a substitute. (There could me more chance because Bothroyd got injured today.)

I will keep everyone Updated,

Chazza:)

Josh and Darcy Blake look set to feature more this season.If Joe Ledley goes that clears the way for Blake and with McCormack handing in a transfer request that 1 less person for Magennis to wporry about IF he goes.

Nice Find

• 3 weeks later...

Magennis came on with 5 Minutes to go against Bristol City on Sunday, he worried the defence and looks dangerous when he is attacking.

He also played last night Against Bristol Rovers in the Carling Cup and scored his second Cardiff City goal, Is this the proof that he has more to come?

• 4 weeks later...